No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations Debut Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Chris is just talking random/sarcastic smack...

Comment

I'm gonna wait for a bit more before I start judging it. Yes, I know.

I'm not seeing anything that confirms it being RE4/5 style (the machine gun assault rifle whatever could be a mid/end game weapon just like in the old games) or the classic style (I doubt it, but zombies may be the enemy this time, so...) but honestly? I've never cared about either. It's always been the over actioned nature of the newer style games that make me go meh. The narrow, confined corridors of a ship and nasty undead action sound promising to me. No wide open spaces bar the deck so no mowing down a hundred enemies in a five minute period. At least, in theory...

The story elements of paranoia, distrust and possible mental breakdown is interesting. It's something I've been wanting in the games for a good long time, hence why I'm probably the only person who liked those live action mental breakdown movies for Chris in RE5. He should have lost his frickin mind by now, or at least need some serious therapy. So I'm going with a cautiously optimistic outlook on the game, as I always do for a RE game until Capcom gives me a reason to doubt it.

But RE5 has convinced me that I shouldn't buy this new and certainly shouldn't get a new console just to play this...

Comment

And...
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          And...
          Spoiler:
          Oh you son of a bitch!

Comment

nice trailer.. now i wish 3ds has a tv out ><

Comment

Listen to the guy in the chair and then think who he sounds like...

Spoiler:

Crossover with The Transporter or Snatch, Capcom?
              Last edited by WeskerSexyCheez; 06-22-2010, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Copying what CVX has said via Gaf about this game's setting in the series.

Capcom's Japanese news release confirmed my suspicions: Revelations is certainly the next CODE: Veronica (or perhaps Degeneration) of the series. Not thematically or as a sequel, but as a game that is clearly going to be a canon storyline and non-derived gameplay entry but without a numeral to go along with it. It doesn't matter whether they go back or forward from RE5, since RE0 went back but is certainly a main series entry. Capcom's Japanese press release calls Revelations the next and newest Biohazard, a designation they last used with RE5 and then RE4 before that. Wouldn't be surprised if this game's plot was to be used for either a previous version of RE5 or even RE6 at one point. Kinda like how MGSPW was MGS5 at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post

Not that I'm convinced it's Hunk (in the chair) either, but... erm... Jill had... well, if it was, it wouldn't be the first time someone's gone through a face lift, dyed their hair and had a little redesign action
                  I think it's Chris's clone and that's the reason she's angry with the real Chris maybe the fake clone Chris tries killing Jill Chris has been the bad guy all along
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah Hunk one on one with a zombie who else could have the balls to that.

There's a rift between Jill and Chris never thought this would happen (Go Jill kick Chris's hairy ass)

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
                      Listen to the guy in the chair and then think who he sounds like...

Spoiler:

Crossover with The Transporter or Snatch, Capcom?

He doesn’t sounds like, Jason statham to me, he sounds more like, Ray Winston.

Comment

Looks good, Loving it so far. Nice to see the RE faithfuls already bitching about this game just from the first trailer. No wonder Takeuchi packed his bags and ran away from this series. Theres just no pleasing some people. This game is on a handheld console and I say it looks pretty amazing. Hope we get some closure to Chris and Jill storyline.

Spoiler:
                        Last edited by CrimsonElder; 06-22-2010, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          Am I the only one who has no faith left in this series? Time and time again, we get excited over these games and they end up falling flat for the most part. I.E. Umbrella Chronicles, RE5, Darkside Chronicles. They haven't really shown us anything recently to restore our faith and give us good reason to get excited, other than the 'Resident Evil' nametag.
                          Nope. I think the series has been going downhill for a while now. So much so that I didn't even bother with the RE5 DLC. Don't feel like I've missed out at all

If this dialogue is in the final product as is (ie. This trailer doesn't contain edited or re-arranged lines), then in my opinion it's the worst dialogue the series has had since RE1 on the PS1. It's absolutely horrible.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stefan2007 View Post
                            I knew it was her, I guess that most of the fuss regarding Jills appearance is that Capcom cant ever seem to leave it alone, she has changed more times than just about every character in the series combined.
                            Belive me,she looks the same in every re games since remake...
                            Just take a look at thise!(Barry's line)lol
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                              So uh.. the guy sitting on the chair tied up isn't Chris at all... not by voice or the brief shrouded closeups of his face when he's talking. He just has the same looking hair from the top.
                              Guy just happened to have the same gender and hair style as chris. First weaker clone theory in re5 and now this. Have Alice and her clones in the movies really tramautized you guys that much?

I am not saying he is not chris btw. I prefer not jumping to conclusions and get disappointed over what is going to happen according to my theory.
                              Last edited by xfactor; 06-22-2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

That was an awesome trailer!!! Zombies are back

I think the game is set before Resident Evil 5 ; one of those missions we heard read about in RE5, just a guest.

Comment

Working...
                                X