Resident Evil Revelations Debut Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all right i'm wrong sorry guys, no superhuman powers

btw, I think when Jill said "you think you can get away with this" to the guy sitting on the chair, Jill thought that guy was Chris, she said this because that guy was creating a storm while all three of them (the guy, Jill and Chris) were on the cruise, so that the guy could get free

but then Chris appeared, Chris said "I already have, Jill". Jill seemed to be surprised. then they were pointing their guns to each other for some reasons (idk)

then Jill said "did you... do you have it". I think Chris was infected by whatever virus (that made Jill tied Chris or whoever up, and maybe the virus gave uncontrollable superhuman power, and the superhuman power could create storms) and Jill asked Chris if he had already taken the antivirus or not.

Chris said, "maybe, you'll have to kill me to find out". It means the superhuman power gave immortality.

the guy on the chair said, "and what would you do if you find it, it doesn't matter, because you are already..." you are already infected?

i'm sorry if it doesn't make sense to you
    Last edited by jazCullen; 06-23-2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
      I'd be extremely disappointed if that were to be true. Not only because I feel as though it'd be extremely underwhelming, but also because I really, really wanted Alex Wesker to be female.

I suppose the files never did say what gender "Alex" Wesker was, but the files and Spencer's journal made me think "male." I don't know, Spencer doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would put his faith in a woman, considering he's an old school business kind of guy that wouldn't think of entrusting his pet "Wesker Children" Project to a person of the opposite sex, considering the whole God complex Spencer had.

Then again, Alexia Ashford was the one who wore the pants instead of Alfred as far as the Ashford family was concerned, but that doesn't necessary mean much since at that point Spencer saw them as nuisances to holding total control over Umbrella.

Though Alex Wesker being a woman is a pretty cool idea. I kinda personally wish they use the woman that was in charge of the European, or was it French, branch of Umbrella? Can't think of her name at the moment. You'd figure Capcom had some intention of possibly using her one day, otherwise, why even bother writing about that character in the Dead Aim Files. As simple backstory?(Well, RE has alot of that any way you slice it).
      sigpic

Comment

• I think (News Bot) someone posted the original text of Spencer's memoirs, and it has him (Alex) being referred to as a guy directly.
        Last edited by Wesker_101; 06-23-2010, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          I wish the 3DS screen was this size.

Comment

• I still think the trailer is deliberately throwing people off on who the person speaking at the end of the trailer is.

First, look at Hunk in the GIF I made earlier;

Notice his pants/suit. It's black and smooth. Probably not leather, but at least some sort of synthetic fabric with a similar look. Ignore the kneepads and belt buckle.

This is Chris's pants. They're kinda rough, with a fabric pretty similar to what you see on standard work clothing and such. Ignore the kneepads and belt buckle - they're the same as Hunk's.

Here's the dude sitting in the chair. I want you to look at his pants. Same fabric as Chris's. Ignore the knee pads and belt buckle - Chris & Hunk wears the same. Try to get a closer look at his face, though. I didn't make a gif, but you can see that he has a bit of a 5 o clock going around his face and his facial structure is very similar to Chris's

Here's Chris! I just included it to show you his Revelations 5 o clock!

This is presumably our "mysterious Australian (Capcom staff's words, not mine. Could be a joke)." Now, I want you to notice how he apparently doesn't have any visible signs of beard growth going, but he does however have a bit of really rough texturing going (are those acne scars?). In the trailer, we can hear him laughing as Jill and Chris pulls their guns on eachother.

Now is when we'll take a look at another little detail, this is where I believe the trailer is really trying to deliberately throw us off about the whole situation;

Jill and Chris pointing at eachother. Right now, it's irrelevant that Chris and Chairman share hair, facial structure, 5 o clocks and pants. By this point, the "Australian" has already laughed for a little while in his voice over and we've changed camera angle from the close up of Chris raising his gun to this shot where we see both of them looking directly at each other. Neither of the two seems distracted by anything special. But right about when this shot was taken, we can see the person in the chair has started to move his head around a bit.

Chris picks up on this subtle movement, as his positioning in the room easily allows him to actually see it, while the Chairman might be in Jill's blindspot. Jill does at least not even react a bit to the movement, and if the voice was from the same cutscene/someone in the room... I'm sure both would've reacted, and sooner than Chris apparently does to the movement in the chair.

So...
            I still believe the Chairman is NOT the Australian. I think the scene at the end is composed of two different scenes (or two different portions of the same scene, if the Australian is also somehow present in the scene). I think it uses dialog that just matches eachother to create a bit of character drama and to highlight whatever's supposed to be important. Resident Evil 5's trailers used the same type of mixing of completely unrelated scenes.

But what the deal is with the incredible resemblance between Chris + Chairman... beats me.
            What they're all after? Beats me!
            What Hunk's (assuming it's him) is there for? Same as everyone else, probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
              I
              What Hunk's (assuming it's him) is there for? Same as everyone else, probably.
              He's on vacation, getting ready for his next come back in Mercenaries. Put this down on paper, you've been told.

Beats me though. The only thing I can think off is that he's either been hired to retrieve what virus or BOW product that has been stored/leashed on the cruise-ship, or is part of a organization given his experience and is there to investigate on the matter.
              Last edited by Zombie Fred; 06-23-2010, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Just gonna drop in to give my wild, probably lame, 2cents:

1) The chairman IS a Chris clone; and it set off Jill; Jill doesn't know which Chris is which, and who to trust.

2) Some sort of infection/betrayal/MISUNDERSTANDING is involved.

3) Or it's simply...GASP....Wesker. (Notice his teeth, and then the teeth from RE5; Chris has straight white teeth whereas Wesker's front teeth are not straight, and a few are pointy too).

But no seriously, the ears, hair, clothes, and body shape is TOO SIMILAR to Chris' for it to not be a Chris clone. Way too much of a similarity here.

/lame2cents

Peace

Edit: Forgot to mention: Crimson heads FUUCK!!!
                Last edited by ElusionM; 06-23-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                  Why does anyone care, he is a nobody character who played a bit part in a minigame or two. If it wasn't for the gas-mask-death-nazi-stormtrooper look I doubt he would would mentioned a hundredth of what he is.

Dario Rosso has more depth to his character.
                  True that! I don't see the big issue either, never have.

Anyway Why on earth is the character Aussie? I'm sick of us aussie being the jokes in todays games, as we sound terrible next to american voices.

Thanks alot Final Fantasy 13 and Mass Effect 2!! Grrrrr.

Comment

• I hope I dont get killed for saying this, but I think that it looks like Wesker *runs to a hill and hides*

Comment

• Did this guy have a bad case of acne as a kid or something?
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• I think the marks on his face are because he's been beaten.

Mysterious Australian? I like that, much better than a Chris' clone!
                        http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                        Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

• I'm happy to be the Mysterious Australian

Comment

• from europeans to africans, and now australian. wonders when asians get into picture.

Comment

• This is OBVIOUSLY Chris. Can no one tell? It might not be him in the final game but in this trailer this is the Chris character model. It's the exact same head, hair and ears (from RE5).

BTW, this trailer and game story looks to be so confusing. Does anyone know whether or not it's suppose to take place before or after RE5?

Also, Jill has a new face. It's completely obvious and some stupid people here are in denial.

I'm really bummed that this is for a fucking Nintendo handheld. Kiddie system is bad enough but hand held? Man...

Comment

• Originally posted by djepic112 View Post

This is OBVIOUSLY Chris. Can no one tell? It might not be him in the final game but in this trailer this is the Chris character model. It's the exact same head, hair and ears (from RE5).

BTW, this trailer and game story looks to be so confusing. Does anyone know whether or not it's suppose to take place before or after RE5?

Also, Jill has a new face. It's completely obvious and some stupid people here are in denial.

I'm really bummed that this is for a fucking Nintendo handheld. Kiddie system is bad enough but hand held? Man...
                                Y'know, It could be that there are actually TWO scenes where both Chris and the Australian guy are sitting in a chair. And Capcom has simply mixed the two in that trailer.

And dude, seriously.... how old are you that you still think that your balls will fall off if you play on a Nintendo console/handheld? Anyone over 12 years old should be able to get over that perceived kiddie image. Its just a damn handheld with buttons and screens on it. Its not gonna turn you into a fairy.

Just sayin'
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X