RE 1.5 Images: What does this do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE 1.5 Images: What does this do?

Okay, its been awhile since I played a Resident Evil game, but I still didn't lose hope on the 1.5 ordeal and crap like that. After going through some images of the backgrounds and such, I begin to wonder, "What the hell does this do any thing, like this one image of Chief Irons office on 1.5, there is a giant metal computer thing by the couch. What does it do, why is it there, thats something that belongs in the lab area, not a police station. Discuss!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RPD490; 06-30-2010, 01:04 PM. Reason: Adding Image

Paper Shredder? lol

Comment

If thats a Paper Shredder, its the biggest god damn shredder on the planet. XD Irons must get stressed and is tired of paper jams on his regular paper shredder so he asks Umbrella for a new one, they give him industrial size sherdder XDD

Comment

It's supposedly the 1.5 version of the item box.
        Last edited by Alzaire; 06-30-2010, 02:01 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

No way! Doesn't look anything like a box. Looks like a placeover model of the console seen in the lab.

Comment

It's clearly a box shape. It has a strange panel on the front, and a lid that lifts up. Obviously it's not the same item box style as RE1/2, but from my info, this is the 1.5 item box.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, so its like the Security Deposit Boxes on CV, only they made the thing bigger. I get it now. To bad there are no vids on the box in action, or mods that would replace the item boxes with the 1.5 one. Thanks for clearing that up with me. So Item Boxes were big deposit boxes and saving on 1.5 would be using a computer, which I think might've been better that using a typewriter.

Actually that would be neat, replace all typewriters with a computer model and use that as a save station and replace the item boxes with the 1.5 ones. Someone should try doing that.

Okay moving on. Now this is no image but something else, if you recall watching the Playstation Museum footage of RE1.5, you might recall hearing the alarm voice during the scene in which Elza was in contact with the Spider Mutant and you here the alarm going off, did you hear it going, "We are sorry. But the number you have enter is incompleted as dialed. Please call again." Why the f*** would Capcom place that as a placeholder for the alarm, I swear if I was in that lab and that was going off I would be thinking, "What the hell? Did someone leave the phone unhooked and keep beside the intercom?"
              Last edited by RPD490; 06-30-2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I doubt we will ever get to know the true reasons behind Capcom's actions regarding the lab voice and pretty much every other 1.5 related subject...
                But we should not forget that there were several builds of 1.5 shown to the public during it's development.

You know, the PSM build is easily recognizable because of it's distinct weapon holding animations and blocky character models for John and Irons.
                And we know that this build is one of the earlier revisions which does not match the near final complete disc build.

So it's quite likely that the unfitting voice in the lab is nowhere to be found in the complete disc build.
                Well, such early WIP software is often filled with slightly out of the place looking content and halfway finished placeholder stuff.

Edit:
                I have to correct myself, Brian Irons never made it to a character model in the build we were talking about!
                The PSM build used Leon Kennedy as a placeholder model if I am not mistaken...
                Last edited by Upaluppa; 06-30-2010, 05:37 PM. Reason: False information regarding Brian Irons in the PSM build of the BH2 Prototype.

Comment

*walks up hits machine with elbow*
                  Ayyyyyyyyye!
                  *Music Plays*
                  sigpic

Comment

o3o WTF? XD Yes, anyway, next subject...

Comment

Alrighty, I'm in the mood. So let's analyze this for a bit.

It sure don't look like it to me. In fact, the shape of that "itembox" reminds me of those old antique jukeboxes.

Perhaps the RE1.5 incarnation of Irons was an avid lover of music?
                      Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 07-01-2010, 02:07 AM.
                      If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

There aren't many especially good pics, but here's a couple of better ones.

You can see in the Elza one that the thing deffintely has a smooth lid. So it's not a jukebox. I think it's most likely a sotrage chest, but...

Comment

Holy shit dude, nice finds But like Alizare said, the way it works it prolly slide the door on the box open and you store items in it, and the way it functions, it would be like the Security Boxes on CV.

Comment

Okay next up, anyone have the image of a Computer that has like a cursor on it?

Comment

Originally posted by RPD490 View Post
                              Okay next up, anyone have the image of a Computer that has like a cursor on it?
                              I am assuming you were referring to these pictures of the computer in the factory?

I have been wondering about the reason of that cursor being there myself since the day when I spotted it for the first time, but I highly doubt anyone including the 1.5 elites of this community could be able to come up with a decent solution as long as they do not actually have access to the game...

How about asking the PSM curator for advice? (Now that was a bad joke, wasn't it?)

Well, all I was trying to say is that even though we all would love to know more about the gameplay of this prototype there simply isn't any way of finding out if we can not see for ourselves by playing the game!
                              Some questions can be answered just by judging from the game footage we got through videos and pictures while other things were never shown to an extend where you would be able to make presumptions regarding them...
                              Last edited by Upaluppa; 07-01-2010, 03:23 PM. Reason: Addition of a second picture of the factory pc.

Comment

Working...
                              X