The Coroner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coroner

Just a reminder that my sub-THIA site is still in action, and work is progressing steadliy.

At the moment, only the PSF and Backgrounds sections are complete, aswell as the anticipated Utilites section (<- I've had a high demand for this section).

Soon to come:
    A VERY extensive collection of guides for hacking BH/RE files
    A complete GameShark/Action Replay section including my own codes
    Promotional/Beta video
    A few surprises which will be revealed in due time ;)

The main objective of _The Coroner is to please you, the fan. It may not be much right now, but as stated before work is picking up. You are more than welcome to ask or request features/material for _The Coroner. I'm open to comments/suggestions!

I'm a blackstar.

Thats great news Mark, look forward to seeing the new sections.

Btw, any tips on hacking the videos from the Saturn version of Resident Evil would be appreciated
    As far as i can gather they are all contained together in 1 big file entitled MOVIE.CPK which is 228Mb in size, but when i try to extract/convert them with acpk2avi it only extracts the first video, the animated Capcom logo
    Same when i try to play it with CPK Player, it only plays the first video.
    Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 12-17-2006, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Cyber.

Concerning the Saturn CPK video, you have to Hex them out. I know, it really sucks to have to manually extract every CPK video with a Hex editor, but it's the only way.

All you need is Hex Workshop, and a slight knowledge of hex.

To help aid you, every CPK video contains this Header:
      Code:
      OFFSET               HEX                ASCII
      ---------------------------------------------
      0x00                 4649 4C4D          FILM
      0x10                 4644 5343          FDSC
      0x30                 5354 4142          STAB
      I plan to write a full guide with every offset of the videos archived into MOVIE.CPK, in the mean time, i'm sorry that this is all the information that I can provide.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Awesome work so far Keep it up. Man if only I could do this kinda stuff. =(

Comment

Nice set of utilities. Comparable to Zophar Domain's Lol.

Comment

Thanks for more feedback!

Nice set of utilities. Comparable to Zophar Domain
            That's one hell of a compliment! Zophar's Domain is legend. My archive hasn't exactly reached Zophar's, but there are plenty more utilities to come!

On a side note, I finally reripped the "BioHazard 2: Dual Shock Version" PSF set which you can download here if you are interested in PSone music. I had ripped this set before, but accidentally deleted it like a goof.

or here at Lawrence Lin's PSF mirror with my other sets such as "BioHazard Director's Cut: Dual Shock Version", "BioHazard Director's Cut", "BioHazard 2 Trial Edition", "RockMan NEO Trial Edition", "MegaMan Legends", etc.

Keep the feedback coming! More fuel for the fire...
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Mark, something odd about the psf rips. Last time I downloaded them they seemed to play a tiny bit slower than on the psone/ps2. Just curious if you noticed this?

Comment

It's possible that the Generic Driver I use to rip these sets are PAL-based.

There's a function that the PSone uses in sequenced music that the developers call "TICK" mode. IIRC, This function comes in 5 modes, and they are:

TICK_VSYNC
                TICK_50
                TICK_60
                TICK_120
                TICK_240

I suspect that the Generic Driver uses TICK_50 mode, though I couldn't say for sure.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback, Cyber.

Concerning the Saturn CPK video, you have to Hex them out. I know, it really sucks to have to manually extract every CPK video with a Hex editor, but it's the only way.

All you need is Hex Workshop, and a slight knowledge of hex.

To help aid you, every CPK video contains this Header:
                  Code:
                  OFFSET               HEX                ASCII
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  0x00                 4649 4C4D          FILM
                  0x10                 4644 5343          FDSC
                  0x30                 5354 4142          STAB
                  I plan to write a full guide with every offset of the videos archived into MOVIE.CPK, in the mean time, i'm sorry that this is all the information that I can provide.
                  Ah cheers, i thought that would probably be the case. I have WinHex so i'll just use that.

Comment

Ah, you think theres anyway to fix that perhaps mark?

Also, I recently picked up Outbreak File 1 Greatest Hits and can confirm theres numerous file differences from the original release. If you'd like I can provide you with the files that are different so you can look into it further. I did see that one file in particular contained speech that the characters say.

There were rumors of a fixed version being released as Alyssa's speech crashed Scenario 1 if you used Ad Lib on it (and sometimes it did even if you didnt!).
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-18-2006, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Ah, you think theres anyway to fix that perhaps mark?
                      I'll have to mess around with DRIVER.PSFLIB in PSF Lab, though i'll be honest and say that i'll have to read up on it a little more.

There were rumors of a fixed version being released as Alyssa's speech crashed Scenario 1 if you used Ad Lib on it (and sometimes it did even if you didnt!).
                      I can confirm that 101%. I bought Outbreak the day it came out, and....
                      NOT ONE SINGLE TIME HAVE I BEEN ABLE TO PLAY AS ALYSSA!
                      Every single time I try to play as her, or have her in my "party", the game crashes within minutes, it NEVER fails. For the record, there isn't even a spec of dust on the disc.

But yeah, i'd love to check out the files on the rerelease of Outbreak, though aren't the AFS archives around a gig in size?
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I can extract the files which are different, Ill get a list and archive em up tommorow. Seems odd though, it looks like they changed a whole host of things other than the Alyssa stuff as well.

Comment

Did they add any of the PAL changes ?

Comment

Can you be more specific?

Comment

Like the minor bugfixes (guess they did that, like the Alyssa adlib showstopper in scenario 1) and like the redesigned save system in the PAL version (to compensate for the lacking of online play)

Comment

Working...
                              X