No announcement yet.

The Coroner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great new from the PCSX2 Team.....Ethernet/Network support!

The importance? One word - Outbreak. With future improvements to PCSX2, and possible future Outbreak hacks, we will all be playing File #1 online once again!

I've already began to investigate Outbreak's executable, and to my surprise, it won't be as hard to hack as I had previously thought. The only downfall is that one will have to make a (rather large) PPF patch for distribution.

After the hacking is all said and done, all we will need is a dedicated server.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• If you get that working, it will be insane mark.

Comment

• Bio Hazard:Cornier edition. Sega Saturn Limited Import?

You were right to call it `Cornier edition' their was a special Japan, but a better Hong Kong edition. You were right about the CPK file, but you were wrong about one thing. You needed this add on disc, to copy files into CPK & override the written copyrights. This also added weapons to the CPK file with movie cutscenes in games, knd of a update. But capcom in-house only version. This contained longer intro movie. It was later sold in HK so you didn't have to bother burning files to your PC.

Comment

• Hello again, a couple of years ago I bought a Japanese development version from ebay from a guy in Germany. It was a back up of the sale. The disc is too big, it will not play on my Saturn, and it reads one track not two. I was looking at your ability to understand hex, maybe if you teach online on how to edited headers away from CPK movie files maybe I can get it working. This version might just be just the protected T-1219G, Japan release missing the extra intro or maybe not?
          Last edited by chris26; 11-18-2007, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Hello, chris26. I'm not quite sure if I understand what you're saying.

From my understanding, you have a copy of BioHazard for the SegaSaturn called the "Cornier Edition", and you want to convert MOVIE.CPK into seperate movie files?

If so, the file MOVIE.CPK must be copied to your harddrive. Unfortunately, MOVIE.CPK has all of the videos archived into one file, obviously. You will have to manually extract each CPK from the file MOVIE.CPK by looking for the header "FILM". Simple, really, but if you have any problems, send it to me and i'll have a look at it.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• The limited version was called `Cornier edition' the version I bought was a dev saturn software.

Today I have been using hex more and found how easy it is to delete files, from a game. I used my Japanese T-1219G Saturn Biohazard & have tried varies attempts to find the missing intro by deleting copyright that didn't work.

I found various hidden CPK MOVIE FILES in the TITLE FILE B. That reads CPK version 1.20 1995-10-05. it had tones of code. I am going to attempt to delete all the movie CPK FILE & replace it with this?
              Last edited by chris26; 11-19-2007, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• it had tones of code. I am going to attempt to delete all the movie CPK FILE & replace it with this?
                I don't think that would be a great idea. Replacing the original MOVIE.CPK with code definitely isn't the answer to your problem. Are you positive this version has a missing intro?
                Last edited by MeganGrass; 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Cornor your right, this version doesn't have the intro it was a mistake, the files were probably the original title resident evil FMV opening, where he screams resident evil? I tried burning every possible way of removing the code. I first remove the old code, the replacing it, then I just added this version to the code. The hex programme so good it replaced the old code when I paste it. I tried various other attempt like removing the copyrights from code, & removing protected BIN files?

So I think the only way we will ever see this movie again is through a YAHOO AUCTION JAPAN SELLER, or EBAY.
                  Last edited by chris26; 11-19-2007, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Yepp, TPL conversion, already been done.
                    Apparently ages before RE4 even came -_-

As soon as I discovered that... I was like... oh, FUCK. I just wasted a bloody week making one when it's been out there the whole time. I realized, blah, screw this shit... I'm looking for a REAL job instead.

And I did D:
                    Awesome folks at this company picked me up to help develop their military-defense-related graphics engine. Pure pwnage job.

Anyway back to the TPLs (well the PS2/PC TPLs anyway)... in a nutshell: it's apparently a common format for PS2 games, and can be viewed with Game Graphics Studio.

Going backwards from GIF to TPL, I wrote a converter for. But I believe it might also be out there already after hearing people (who've no way of doing something that capable themselves) successfully putting background images into the game.
                    I do have that converter done though, if anyone needs. :0
                    (GIF to TPL only, not the other way around)

Going through the EFF files was a little more difficult, they could be stripped down to 2 more levels of indexed files (pretty obvious just by looking at the head of the files). And at the second level of the EFF files, you have your TPLs.

I was actually working on an EFF explorer (to view the files in the EFF without actually extracting) before some source *cough*Brazil*cough* told me they were successfully able to translate the whole game (including TPLs in the EFFs) with Game Graphics Studio. Hoo damn, a bloody waste of time.

Comment

• But there's one issue with Game Graphics Studio (at least AFAIK) - you can't change resolution of images you want to put into game - the program automatically resize it. So even though custom title screens etc are availiable, we are still stuck with low-res bitmaps. And if I remember correctly, the converter you once shown on RE4 mod forum allowed you to put hi-res bitmap as a title screen.

And congratulations about your new job .
                      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-20-2007, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                        But there's one issue with Game Graphics Studio (at least AFAIK) - you can't change resolution of images you want to put into game - the program automatically resize it. So even though custom title screens etc are availiable, we are still stuck with low-res bitmaps. And if I remember correctly, the converter you once shown on RE4 mod forum allowed you to put hi-res bitmap as a title screen.

Really? Then maybe I should put out a TPL convertor

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          But there's one issue with Game Graphics Studio (at least AFAIK) - you can't change resolution of images you want to put into game - the program automatically resize it. So even though custom title screens etc are availiable, we are still stuck with low-res bitmaps. And if I remember correctly, the converter you once shown on RE4 mod forum allowed you to put hi-res bitmap as a title screen.

that's true... there's a lot of palette problems with Game Graphics Studio and a lot of files with an unknown kind of interlace method...
                          i would be great if we can edit every tpl file... then i could create a perfect complement for the texture patch: hi res menus and effects!
                          BTW: hi st vampyre!
                          Last edited by albert; 11-20-2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Heya heya. ;)

Well here's a quick compilation of an EFF extractor and a GIF to TPL convertor:

If anyone decides to use them, please read the info files first!

I was experiencing some problems with the EFF offsets when I was still working on this stuff, but couldn't remember where I left off. So PLEASE BACKUP beforehand (just replacing the menu backgrounds won't cause a problem I don't think).

(Feel free to relay this to the RE4 mod boards)

MarkGrass - could you add this to the tools list too? Thanks mate, as always. ;)
                            Last edited by St.Vampyre; 11-20-2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by St.Vampyre View Post
                              Heya heya. ;)

Well here's a quick compilation of an EFF extractor and a GIF to TPL convertor:

If anyone decides to use them, please read the info files first!

I was experiencing some problems with the EFF offsets when I was still working on this stuff, but couldn't remember where I left off. So PLEASE BACKUP beforehand (just replacing the menu backgrounds won't cause a problem I don't think).

(Feel free to relay this to the RE4 mod boards)

MarkGrass - could you add this to the tools list too? Thanks mate, as always. ;)

wowowoowwo!!! thanks!!! it worked:

now i have to work with transparencies with game graphics studio

as always, you're the best!
                              Last edited by albert; 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Hey, St.Vampyre, it's been awhile. I was kinda hoping you'd respond to this thread before I had to email Ya. ;p And as always, congrats on yet another kick ass program for the scene. Oh, and i'll add the newest tools to the page once I get my 'net back (<-on public access..>.>).

@albert - F- nice! Can't wait for a release!
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X