No announcement yet.

The Coroner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point Carnivol, the changes could just be the bug fixes.

Guess the only way we'll find out is if Cal plays it, can you stand the torture?

Oh and thanks Mark, i worked it out fine and have been extracting the videos individually using an Hex editor.

Comment

I had serisouly thought that there were no more beta items in the original PSone version of BioHazard, but I was wrong. I was working on TMD models lately so fans can "skin" their own character for BioHazard when I came across something weird. Nothing fantastic or mind-blowing, just something never mentioned/shown before.

The ITEM_M2 folder contains alot of TMD models with their corresponding TIM texture. All the IVM files in this folder are used for 3D models in the Status Menu, however, the file "I35V.IVM" is definitely not used. I have never seen this model, nor have I heard it mentioned anywhere, so here it is.

Now the obvious, I wonder what/where these keys were used?

Oh and thanks Mark, i worked it out fine and have been extracting the videos individually using an Hex editor.
      Not a problem....I wish I could have posted this earlier, but better late than never, eh? The US/PAL version of Resident Evil will be documented later.

Code:
      //==============================================================================//
      //										//
      //			BioHazard CPK Format					//
      //										//
      //==============================================================================//
      //======================//
      // CPK Header		//
      //======================//
      OFFSET	HEX		ASCII
      -----------------------------
      0x00	4649 4C4D	FILM
      0x10	4644 5343	FDSC
      0x30	5354 4142	STAB

OFFSET		SIZE		  DESCRIPTION
      ---------------------------------------------
      0x00		1DD800		//01 - CAPCOM
      0x1DD800	34A000		//02 - Title
      0x527800	2A74000		//03 - Introduction
      0x2F9B800	270000		//04 - Going Into Mansion
      0x320B800	98A800		//05 - Cast
      0x3B96000	181800		//06 - Jill Opening The Front Door
      0x3D17800	177800		//07 - Chris Opening The Front Door
      0x3E8F000	358800		//08 - Kenneth's Demise
      0x41E7800	33F800		//09 - Zombie Walking Down Stairs
      0x4527000	3B1800		//10 - Enter The Hunter
      0x48D8800	161800		//11 - Neptune Attack
      0x4A3A000	4BB000		//12 - Chris Inspecting Tyrant
      0x4EF5000	4BB800		//13 - Jill Inspecting Tyrant
      0x53B0800	2A4800		//14 - Pool Draining
      0x5655000	24D800		//15 - Helicopter Landing
      0x58A2800	2BA000		//16 - Pond Draining
      0x5B5C800	EC000		//17 - Mansion Explosion
      0x5C48800	FC8000		//18 - Chris Smoking A Cigarette
      0x6C10800	BEE800		//19 - Jill Taking Off Her Baret
      0x77FF000	A11000		//20 - Chris And Jill Hold Hands
      0x8210000	C0F000		//21 - Chris And Rebecca Talk
      0x8E1F000	D37000		//22 - Jill And Barry Talk
      0x9B56000	C54800		//23 - Chris, Jill, And Rebecca
      0xA7AA800	C3B800		//24 - Chris, Jill, And Barry
      0xB3E6000	235800		//25 - Tyrant Pissed Off
      0xB61B800	148B000		//26 - Chris Credits
      0xCAA6800	158B800		//27 - Jill Credits
      0xE032000	1563800		//28 - Death Credits
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

:O Awesome! They sorta remind me of the Control Room key, but hmm..who knows.

Nice on that CPK file, I was looking for a way to get them out

Comment

I'm not sure exactly where the keys are used off the top of my head, but if you listen to beta/removed voice files off of RE1 PC version (not sure if they are in PS, ect, versions), you can hear the recordings of Rebecca and Chris and/or Barry and Jill (can't remember which or if it's both) talk about turning keys at the same time to open a door. These keys are probably the keys they are using. Don't have my PC version handy atm or I'd upload the voice clips. If nobody else does it first, I'll get them up within the next couple of days or so.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mark.

I managed to extract and convert them all to AVI files fine, and pretty quickly, by just using the Find Next and Mark/Extend To Mark functions.

I wanted to check whether there was any hidden movies in the PAL version i have(with the rumour of some early PAL editions containing the uncut videos) but theres not, not on my copy of the game anyway...

Btw, out of interest, can anyone tell me the file size of the MOVIE.CPK on the US and Japanese versions?
            Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 12-28-2006, 07:12 PM.

Comment

UPDATE:

1 - Javascript "Toll Booth" has been removed. This was only implemented to make sure I wasn't wasting my own time by continuing progress on "The Coroner".

2 - ADX archive section is complete! The following ADX soundtracks are now available:
              BioHazard 3 Nemesis
              BioHazard 4
              BioHazard Code: Veronica
              BioHazard Code: Veronica Trial Edition
              BioHazard Outbreak
              BioHazard Outbreak File #2
              BioHazard Gun Survivor 2 - Code: Veronica

3 - PSF (Playstation Sound Format) section is complete:
              BioHazard 2 Beta
              BioHazard 2 Dual Shock Version
              BioHazard 2 Trial Edition

4 - Miscellaneous Utilities have been added. Head over to the appropriate section to see what's new.

Can anyone tell me the file size of the MOVIE.CPK on the US and Japanese versions?
              USA - 238 MB (250,490,880 bytes)
              JAP - 245 MB (257,513,472 bytes)
              Last edited by MeganGrass; 01-13-2007, 11:17 AM.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Mark, something odd about the PSF rips. Last time I downloaded them they seemed to play a tiny bit slower than on the psone/ps2.
                Good news-this will be fixed very soon. Although it will require me to rerip every BH/RE PSF archive, it will well be worth it.

I coded yet another Generic PSF driver that will be released shortly to those in the PSF Rippers scene over at Yahoo. As mentioned before, my old Driver used either SS_TICKVSYNC or SS_TICK50 (PAL). My new Driver uses the High Quality SS_TICK240 function that not only corrects the playback timing, but highly increases the sound quality of the PSF rips.

Expect new/correct rips soon!
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Very cool stuff Mark, very appreciated! Wish I had as much motivation and spare effort as you. I really need to work on some more models, but uni and other social aspects of life ;_;

Comment

Nice work here.

Comment

Awesome Great work mark!

Comment

UPDATE:

The PSF rerips are coming along great with the Generic PSF Driver created by myself and CaitSith2. The playback is now proper (not "too slow/fast"), and upgraded to much higher sound quality. Keep an eye out over the next few days for these almighty releases!
                        Last edited by MeganGrass; 01-30-2007, 09:48 PM.
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

The leaked English version of BioHazard 4 for the PC has already been hacked...

No teaser pics yet, but they will soon to follow.

It appears that the PC version of BH4 is a port of BOTH the GCN and PS2 versions', however there are "PC exclusive" formats used aswell.

Any and everything can be modded with the PC version:
                          Models can be imported into 3D modeling software.
                          Almost all textures are in Targa (.TGA) format, the rest are in the PS2 .TPL format.
                          ALL music/sound is in OGG Vorbis format.
                          Maps (stages) are 'ripped' directly from the GCN version (ie, they're from the GCN version).
                          Textures for the maps, items, and models are in TGA format.
                          Text is in [RAW] ARBG format, which is easily editible.

I could go on and on, but to make a long story short, the PC port of BH4 is easier than fuck to hack/mod.
                          Last edited by MeganGrass; 02-05-2007, 01:04 PM.
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                            Maps (stages) are 'ripped' directly from the GCN version (ie, they're from the GCN version).
                            Not so sure about that, look at the tree geometry here, its straight outta ps2.

The site's news archive. You can post comments about each news post here.

Comment

I stand corrected, however, after doing another check of the stages through HEX compare, they're mixed (?). In other words, they use parts of both the GCN and PS2 versions. This game is nothing more than a port of both the GCN and PS2 versions ingeniously combined into one...
                              Last edited by MeganGrass; 02-05-2007, 01:32 PM.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Haha, well the audio is definitely higher quality than ps2, and Id say the textures are GCN on most surfaces

Comment

Working...
                                X