Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Coroner

#41 Kipepeo

Hello, Leelo. Thanks for the feedback, and i'm glad that you enjoy "The Coroner".

Concering the ZERO and Remake backgrounds - I will have to discuss uploading them to the server with the webmaster of this fine site (all together the archives weigh over a Gig).

If allowed, I will upload them and post a link ASAP. If not, i'm afraid you'll have to extract them yourself as Megaupload, etc. never works for me.

What you will need:
    Legit GCM (ISO) copies of the games on your hard drive.
    A hex editor, and tons of patience.
    Details for extraction here:
    http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2151
    Last edited by MarkGrass; 03-05-2007 at 09:10 AM.
    I'm a blackstar.

War Horse Uranium

Mark you can host them, just be sure to check your PM's on THIA often, I may have to disable downloading of them on the FTP if they get too many hits.

#01 Cockroach

i think i love you both ^^
    well, i have to say that the rebirth files work great on megaupload, i think u need to know it.
    The only problem is the the second DISK2 of re0, i hope it can help to save band

#41 Kipepeo

In fear of the archives [inevitably] getting deleted from MegaUpload, all BH GCN backgrounds will have a permenant home at "The Coroner". However, there is going to be slight restriction on downloads of these archives - If the "hits" of these archives exceed my allowed bandwidth for "The Coroner", downloading of them will be unavailible until further notice.

!This specific post will be updated with links for the BGs.
    Credits for ripping the backgrounds goes to albert.

BioHazard ZERO Trial Edition
    Download

BioHazard ZERO
    Disc 1:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Disc 2:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

BioHazard Rebirth Trial Edition

BioHazard Rebirth
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Last edited by MarkGrass; 03-15-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

#41 Kipepeo

To spite the [tremendously immature] flame war occuring at BioFlames at the momemt, Colvin has given me permission to release textures ripped from BioHazard Gaiden for the GameBoy Color, and I agreed. Included in the archive is a summary of the game.

http://markgrass.the-horror.com/BioH...n_Textures.rar
    Last edited by MarkGrass; 03-13-2007 at 08:44 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

If you wish, I can have a word or two with my current host since he gets "allegedly" unlimited bandwith, about me mirroring the files? I have a few gigs of space to spare so I'll get back to you guys on that, provided you wanna go ahead with it?

War Horse Uranium

I got no problem with that ;) As long as it doesnt put you in a tough position with your host

#41 Kipepeo

I would highly appreciate it, SureShot, thanks. Most particularly, the backgrounds need mirrors. The complete collection of GCN backgrounds have been uploaded with the exclusion of BioHazard Rebirth Trial Edition simply because the backgrounds haven't been ripped from it, yet.

Although I know how to extract and convert them properly, I simply do not have the patience to spend countless hours extracting them. To rip an convert a single GCN Bio title can take up to days, and in some cases weeks. This is albert's expertise, but since I am no longer a member of BioFlames I don't have contact with him. If someone would like to contact him for this particular assignment, it would be appreciated aswell.
    I'm a blackstar.

Sure thing, I'll start uploading the backgrounds as soon as my flat-mate realises that her having 3 youtube pages up at once hurts my bandwith

#01 Cockroach

thx for this update, so huge and so fast.
    Thx

#41 Kipepeo

typing as less as i can, i'm reporting that i will be away for a little while on the terms of a broken elbow (4wheeler fluke-accident), and i'm right handed...

*no guitar/hacking for awhile*

be back soon!
    I'm a blackstar.

War Horse Uranium

Aw damn, well at least you went out having fun XD They say how long you'll be in the cast?

#41 Kipepeo

i was basically told i majorly f- up a nerve in my arm which they somehow consider borken(?), there is nothing they can really do for me but give me pain meds and put my arm in a sling, which i was instructed to wear at a minimum of a couple of weeks, but i thought i would mention it in case someone requests something, etc. (it's not very fun having to type with my left hand only, and the meds aren't helping, atleast right now).
    I'm a blackstar.

War Horse Uranium

Ah, The day cant come soon enough when windows gets built in voice>text translation ;P

#05 Sliding worm

Awesome work. Despite what Temp has to say, I think this forum has a lot of potential. Creative potential that is.

And just so this is out in the open, Dot50Cal I do not want to be banned. Bioflames is pissing me off lately and I think this is a perfect choice to preview my work. I know the rules. You have absolutly no worries...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XGUKSUM0
    Last edited by Colvin; 04-10-2007 at 06:58 PM.

#41 Kipepeo

Nice to see the flame war has died off, nice to have a veteran scene member join THIA.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/member.php?u=547

Colvin, you're a chick!?
    I'm a blackstar.

THIA Staff

Heh, so it was you. @Colvin
    Was a bit uncertain too, when I saw the latest registered member was listed as female/Colvin.

Welcome to the board ;D

#05 Sliding worm

Nah, I'm all man.

#41 Kipepeo

Moving on..

I know this is a little out of hand, but since i'm not a member of BioFlames I feel I must respond to something here.

So will it be possible to hack File 2 to make it online...again? Like what people did to PSO. MarkGrass, we need your help! I miss my WT and UB.
    Very possible, however most key points have already been mentioned.

Like Dot50Cal said, without the server's files and information, it would be a tremendously hard task to emulate the process. Given Project Omega's response and with the right (and expensive) debugging equipment, one could reverse engineer all in/outgoing traffic which is, again, a tremendously difficult task.

VirusPunk pretty much put the nail in the coffin; hacking CAPCOM's game servers would be pretty stupid on someone's behalf, however, there is such a thing called "stealth". Even then, he is still correct; One would need to know extensive SSH commands.

On top of all that, I doubt one measily server would be enough for the World's population. Not only would it take a mass amount of servers once "word was out", but it would take a team of people to maintain. We're talking money here, unfortunately noone will work for free. Plus not to mention that everyone who wanted to play online would have to download a pirated copy because the game is encoded with server address' (exampled below):

http://regweb.reo.capcom.sf.yav4.com/reweb/index.jsp

With that said, you'd have to:

1 - Extensively hack OutBreak File #2's ELE Executable
    2 - Have servers on hand
    3 - Know/Learn SSH server commands
    4 - Have tremendous reverse engineering skill concerncing PS2's BroadBand In/Output
    5 - Have a team of people willing to work daily to keep the servers updated
    6 - Have expensive toys to document the process

and overall, a shitload of patience. Reverse engineering the process wouldn't happen overnight, but I never said it couldn't be done. It honestly far succeeds my talent and wallet capacity, but i'm sure there's someone out there...
    Last edited by MarkGrass; 04-12-2007 at 12:44 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

THIA Staff

Is there no way to set up what DNS server is being used in game? Set it so it redirects to the old IP to the new server, and bingo. Thats what they did for PSO I believe, and it didnt require anything special. Then again, I havent played Outbreak in a long while so I dont remember the options

Thread Information