No announcement yet.

The Coroner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wish, I can have a word or two with my current host since he gets "allegedly" unlimited bandwith, about me mirroring the files? I have a few gigs of space to spare so I'll get back to you guys on that, provided you wanna go ahead with it?

Comment

I got no problem with that ;) As long as it doesnt put you in a tough position with your host

Comment

I would highly appreciate it, SureShot, thanks. Most particularly, the backgrounds need mirrors. The complete collection of GCN backgrounds have been uploaded with the exclusion of BioHazard Rebirth Trial Edition simply because the backgrounds haven't been ripped from it, yet.

Although I know how to extract and convert them properly, I simply do not have the patience to spend countless hours extracting them. To rip an convert a single GCN Bio title can take up to days, and in some cases weeks. This is albert's expertise, but since I am no longer a member of BioFlames I don't have contact with him. If someone would like to contact him for this particular assignment, it would be appreciated aswell.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Sure thing, I'll start uploading the backgrounds as soon as my flat-mate realises that her having 3 youtube pages up at once hurts my bandwith

Comment

thx for this update, so huge and so fast.
            Thx

Comment

typing as less as i can, i'm reporting that i will be away for a little while on the terms of a broken elbow (4wheeler fluke-accident), and i'm right handed...

*no guitar/hacking for awhile*

be back soon!
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Aw damn, well at least you went out having fun XD They say how long you'll be in the cast?

Comment

i was basically told i majorly f- up a nerve in my arm which they somehow consider borken(?), there is nothing they can really do for me but give me pain meds and put my arm in a sling, which i was instructed to wear at a minimum of a couple of weeks, but i thought i would mention it in case someone requests something, etc. (it's not very fun having to type with my left hand only, and the meds aren't helping, atleast right now).
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Ah, The day cant come soon enough when windows gets built in voice>text translation ;P

Comment

Awesome work. Despite what Temp has to say, I think this forum has a lot of potential. Creative potential that is.

And just so this is out in the open, Dot50Cal I do not want to be banned. Bioflames is pissing me off lately and I think this is a perfect choice to preview my work. I know the rules. You have absolutly no worries...

Last edited by Colvin; 04-10-2007, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Nice to see the flame war has died off, nice to have a veteran scene member join THIA.

Colvin, you're a chick!?
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Heh, so it was you. @Colvin
                          Was a bit uncertain too, when I saw the latest registered member was listed as female/Colvin.

Welcome to the board ;D

Comment

Nah, I'm all man.

Comment

Moving on..

I know this is a little out of hand, but since i'm not a member of BioFlames I feel I must respond to something here.

So will it be possible to hack File 2 to make it online...again? Like what people did to PSO. MarkGrass, we need your help! I miss my WT and UB.
                              Very possible, however most key points have already been mentioned.

Like Dot50Cal said, without the server's files and information, it would be a tremendously hard task to emulate the process. Given Project Omega's response and with the right (and expensive) debugging equipment, one could reverse engineer all in/outgoing traffic which is, again, a tremendously difficult task.

VirusPunk pretty much put the nail in the coffin; hacking CAPCOM's game servers would be pretty stupid on someone's behalf, however, there is such a thing called "stealth". Even then, he is still correct; One would need to know extensive SSH commands.

On top of all that, I doubt one measily server would be enough for the World's population. Not only would it take a mass amount of servers once "word was out", but it would take a team of people to maintain. We're talking money here, unfortunately noone will work for free. Plus not to mention that everyone who wanted to play online would have to download a pirated copy because the game is encoded with server address' (exampled below):

With that said, you'd have to:

1 - Extensively hack OutBreak File #2's ELE Executable
                              2 - Have servers on hand
                              3 - Know/Learn SSH server commands
                              4 - Have tremendous reverse engineering skill concerncing PS2's BroadBand In/Output
                              5 - Have a team of people willing to work daily to keep the servers updated
                              6 - Have expensive toys to document the process

and overall, a shitload of patience. Reverse engineering the process wouldn't happen overnight, but I never said it couldn't be done. It honestly far succeeds my talent and wallet capacity, but i'm sure there's someone out there...
                              Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-12-2007, 12:44 PM.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Is there no way to set up what DNS server is being used in game? Set it so it redirects to the old IP to the new server, and bingo. Thats what they did for PSO I believe, and it didnt require anything special. Then again, I havent played Outbreak in a long while so I dont remember the options

Comment

Working...
                                X