Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just patch it all through a computer and you've got software to do that

Comment

Or just create software to make the gameshark/action replay code to change the hardwired (sort to speak) address to something else...

Comment

Eh....when it comes to that kind of hacking, i'm totally illiterate.

In lighter news, despite the fact that I had recently lost the Source Code for my Generic PSone Sequence Drivers (http://markgrass.the-horror.com/PSF1/PSF.TXT) due to a WIN98 failure/crash, I have completely rewritten them which means new PSF rips of all PSone Bio/RE titles are coming very soon! And I must say, the quality of the songs are excellent, and have been vastly improved since I decided rewrote the program. The Source will be available soon, to those who even care...

Sample:

*You may use PSF-o-Cycle to set the Volume, Reverb Type/Depth, etc. (See PSF.TXT)

You MUST have WinAmp, Foobar2000, or SexyPSF to listen to PSF songs! A plugin called "Highly Experimental" for WinAmp is preferred for playback on WIN 98/XP/Vista machines.
        Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-21-2007, 03:36 AM. Reason: Grammar
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Still looking for that thing you asked about Mark, will report if theres any changes but so far nothing.

Comment

No worries. I had hoped against, but kinda figured there aren't any newer versions availible.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Yeah, I havent got any responses haha. Anything in particular you are using it for?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                I would highly appreciate it, SureShot, thanks. Most particularly, the backgrounds need mirrors. The complete collection of GCN backgrounds have been uploaded with the exclusion of BioHazard Rebirth Trial Edition simply because the backgrounds haven't been ripped from it, yet.

Although I know how to extract and convert them properly, I simply do not have the patience to spend countless hours extracting them. To rip an convert a single GCN Bio title can take up to days, and in some cases weeks. This is albert's expertise, but since I am no longer a member of BioFlames I don't have contact with him. If someone would like to contact him for this particular assignment, it would be appreciated aswell.

hi!!!! ... it's been a long time

TGA Textures:
                Must contain the same diemenion as the unmodded TGA, and it must be 24-bit.
                The TGA files in RE4 PC can be redimensioned with size restrictions: only 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 1024 pixels.... width and height

for example, an image of 32x64 can be redimensioned to a 256x128 image without any kind of distorsions ingame

And there are lot of 32-bit tga which includes an alpha channel for transparencies

I'm preparing a pack with improved textures. There are a lot of duplicated textures in low and high quality and i'm replacing the crapy textures with the well-looking textures and creating some new texture which doesn't have a "high resolution version".

As soon as I finish this project I'll post it in this forum.
                Last edited by albert; 04-26-2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Hey, albert! Indeed it has been awhile. I'm glad you've found your way here, please enjoy your stay.

Excellent, thanks for the BH/RE 4 PC modding info! Updating original post with new info now...and, please do post about your mod here.

As you've assuredly read the quote, are you up to hacking the BH Rebirth Trial backgrounds? As always, there is never any pressure or time-constraints and the help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                  Anything in particular you are using it for?
                  Well, other than the Generic Sequence Driver, I have a few projects going on with "it". I am simply not announcing anything, yet.
                  Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-27-2007, 09:06 AM.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Ah, k. I cant get an answer, noone seems to know So maybe that is the latest?

Comment

Hey, albert! Indeed it has been awhile. I'm glad you've found your way here, please enjoy your stay.

Excellent, thanks for the BH/RE 4 PC modding info! Updating original post with new info now...and, please do post about your mod here.

As you've assuredly read the quote, are you up to hacking the BH Rebirth Trial backgrounds? As always, there is never any pressure or time-constraints and the help would be appreciated.
                      Of course, I'm really curious to find out beta stuff in this trial ed. Since the RE remake hacking was quite easy, the trial ed. hacking should also be so...

here's some screens that show how much can be improved the textures in re4 pc (no patch installed)

by the way, this site is great!

Comment

Ciaren just pointed this out to me. What a great topic, I support this project 100%. My how this website's community grows by word of mouth, eh?

Now if I understand these RE0 background images I downloaded correctly, each jpeg is one frame in an animated background image. Assuming this is correct, I should beable to create some very small mp4 files so you don't have to host GB's worth of images.

Also, albert, so far that texture mod looks fantastic. Now I am not completely knowledgable on the subject, but doesn't the in game cutscenes (in the GameCube version) use higher poly models ane d resolution textures? Those could make looking at Leon's back just a little bit more pretty .
                        Last edited by Krispy; 04-30-2007, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Well I went ahead and did some test conversions of the frames into something animated. I made them into flash just because of how easy flash is to integrate into a website, but I can easily make it anything else. You can find a quick page with a few of them put up here (WARNING: I put all the loops on one webpage so if you don't have broadband, don't click or prepare to load for a long time).

A few things to note: there are a bunch of different resolutions to these image, I assume it is Capcom who caused this which is odd. You would think they would have standardized the resolution and aspect ratio of the backgrounds. There are also some frames missing from some loops, you can see it in the shaking roof loop on the webpage. The frame may be hiding somewhere in the 10000+ jpegs, I haven't looked yet ;).

Albert, are you capable of ripping the cutscenes as well? I noticed the blood animation was the same dimensions as the cutscenes, or are they different encryption?
                          Last edited by Krispy; 05-02-2007, 03:14 AM. Reason: Grossly underestimated how many jpegs I have to shift through.

Comment

Cutscenes are in H4M, at least the ones that arent done in engine. H4M cannot be decoded yet, and likely wont be due to its proprieteryness XD

Comment

Unfortunate, how about the character models? I was thinking of making some interactive model viewers the of RE4 stuff, it would be nice to have one of Rebecca in her leather outfit too .
                              Last edited by Krispy; 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Someone was able to get Rebecca out of the game at least, I think it was using that Universal Model Ripper + Dolphin emulator. Then then put her into Garry's Mod

Other than that though I dont think you can open then nativley.

Comment

Working...
                                X