"Biohazard: Survival Door" Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Biohazard: Survival Door" Announced

Capcom created a new Resident Evil game just for mobile phones. But, Biohazard: Survival Door is quite different from other Resident Evil games. This game is based on chance. You’re in a mansion and have to open doors by pressing 1, 2, or 3 on your phone. Zombies or other monsters may be lurking behind and you can shoot them by pushing keys, according to a screenshot.*

Capcom says the game will test players intuition. You can see how your instincts match up to other players in Japan on a nationwide high score leaderboard.*

Like many mobile games in Japan, Biohazard: Survival Door has a monthly fee. Capcom set this game at 315 yen ($3.50) per month. That’s the same price as the mobile phone version of Mega Man X3.
    click on the link for screenshots:
    Siliconera

*UPDATE*
    Andriasang have provided a fresh batch of the screenshots.
    Andriasang
    *END UPDATE*
    Last edited by xfactor; 07-02-2010, 11:20 PM.

I apologize for the lazy copy and paste. I am on the iPhone at the moment

Comment

Hey Capcom... seriously where the fuck is RE PSP ? :@

if it's canned at least say it ..

Comment

God, I hope that handhelds and mobiles aren't the future of this series

Comment

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
          Who knows, Epic considers the mobile phones "the consoles of the future"
          Epic's Mark Rein has said that AAA titles are not going away any time soon, and games like Gears could eventually land …

Comment

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
            I see handhelds becoming (or the potential to) the future of any franchise, but
            phones with their uncomfortable control schemes...NEVER!

Comment

My god, really?

And a subscription for THAT?... You have got to be kidding me.

I wish Capcom would be working on some, you know... decent games but with this - I suppose that's just wishful thinking.

As not everything on a handheld needs to be crap, nor a shooter...

I mean, this just seems ridiculous for survival door - intuition my ass for a randomized game that follows a set piece of programming....

Though, I do have to agree with A-J. Would be nice to update the fans on the current status of the previously announced RE-PSP....
              Last edited by Enetirnel; 07-01-2010, 08:05 PM.
              sigpic
              Non-blurry Signature Version
              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Surely this is a science experiment...

One, to see how simple a game has to be for people to subscribe to it.
                And two, to collect data to see how random people's 'random' choices are after all (but I'm sure that this kind of experiment is done in psychology 101 all over the world).

That... Or Capcom are trying to recapitulate the oppressive brilliance of games like 'nacht der untoten' (Zombie minigame in call of duty world at war), where no matter how good you are and how well you play, you must lose...
                If this is the case it's entirely the wrong vehicle...

I'm sure this game is insulting, but I'm not sure how insulting...
                sigpic

Comment

^Could very well be harvesting data on which numbers people pick.

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                  a subscription for THAT?... You have got to be kidding me.
                  To my knowledge that's how most Japanese cellphone games are distributed. You pay for access to a "service", some cases there are multiple titles/apps that're part of the service, other times it's just a single title that's part of the of the service.

For the haters;
                  It's not exactly like this is the first cellphone title to carry the Biohazard/Resident Evil name (heck, there are probably more cellphone titles now than there are main games + console spin-offs)

For the PSP guys (and gal(s));

Comment

It's awful lonely over here with my iPod touch downloads of such Leon classics as RE4 and RE Degeneration......hey, I'd rather play these than go back to Gaiden

....I don't know where I was going with this. But I'd rather hear more about the likely canceled RE on PSP.

Comment

It amuses me greatly the sort of emotion something as irrelevant as a cellphone game most people here will never get to play manages to bring out of people.

Comment

Truth is... this entire site is a science experiment. We monitor and document the feedback and reactions of the franchise fans.

Comment

It looks pretty cool.
                          sigpic
                          www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Yeah but it doesn't really. I can't imagine anyone's expectations to be so low that they could look at those and think "That looks pretty cool".
                            Last edited by Stu; 07-02-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

^*so low(?)

I think the shot of the Licker could do with a nice photoshop, giving him an eyepatch and a full pirate outfit. Now THAT would be cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X