Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha damn, that's a terrible typo!

Comment

This is a remake of Assault the Nightmare if anyone is aware of that game.

Comment

^Was that the Cellphone game where you played as Jill with about five RPD based backgrounds and the same five minutes of gameplay 20 times?

I've never enjoyed cellphone games I guess I've never found them to be very responsive and pressing the number pad is a pain and I don't even have very big hands.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
          Yeah but it doesn't really. I can't imagine anyone's expectations to be so low that they could look at those and think "That looks pretty cool".
          Its my opinion though.
          sigpic
          www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

And i'm sharing mine, no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
              ^Was that the Cellphone game where you played as Jill with about five RPD based backgrounds and the same five minutes of gameplay 20 times?

I've never enjoyed cellphone games I guess I've never found them to be very responsive and pressing the number pad is a pain and I don't even have very big hands.
              info here:

picture/sprites here:

Comment

Now thats the kind of HD gaming I can really get behind (!)

I can't begin to recall what the Jill game was but you basically moved the gun from one side to another on a static background from RE3 as Hunters/Spiders/Etc? tried to attack you on a time limit and shot them back 'til they died and every now and again you fought Nemesis
                sigpic

Comment

That would be these three cellphone games:

All are what you have described, Jill on pre rendered backgrounds doing missions like kill the BOWs, rescue civilians etc.
                  All three games are effecively the same just set in different RE3 locations

Comment

Really Capcom sat down in a meeting and agreed this was game fans would go crazy for

The ammont of time and effort that went into makeing game im sure a 5 year old could have make this game is this the best they can come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                      Just a heads-up for you guys: BIOHAZARD i SURVIVOR and BIOHAZARD ASSAULT THE NIGHTMARE were both developed by CAPCOM Co., Ltd. (the Japanese and main branch of CAPCOM), while LivingMobile published the Western localization.

The only mobile games not to be developed by CAPCOM Co., Ltd. are Resident Evil: Genesis, the 2D version of Resident Evil: Degeneration, and Resident Evil: Uprising.

Comment

you sure? im pretty sure Genesis and uprisng were made by capcom in some form (capcom interactive at least)

PB have you anything to show me? more info the better and always welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                          you sure?
                          Yes.

im pretty sure Genesis and uprisng were made by capcom in some form (capcom interactive at least)
                          Resident Evil: Genesis, Resident Evil: Degeneration (2D version) and Resident Evil: Uprising were developed by the American Capcom Interactive, Inc. (a subsidiary of Capcom U.S.A., Inc.) whose services are collectively referred to as CAPCOM Mobile. Those latter two were published by Glu Mobile Inc., I think Genesis was published by Capcom Interactive, Inc. directly.

All the other mobile games were developed by the Japanese branch, CAPCOM Co., Ltd. (who is also responsible for the console games), not by Capcom Interactive, Inc. LivingMobile published some of them in the West.

Comment

Biohazard i-survivor was not released outside of Japan i know that much.

Genesis and uprising for sure developed by a subsidery as Capcom Mobile, i never disputed that, but i will update the pages to capcom mobile for completeness.

if you have proof that Assault the nightmare was capcom developed that wud be most handy!! thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

Comment

Speaking of mobile games, who did Confidential Report? (Surely someone on the Japan side of things, since I recall it being out Japanese only for quite some time)

It's actually one of the few mobile games that kinda seems like it's a proper game and actually worth a look.

Comment

if you have proof that Assault the nightmare was capcom developed that wud be most handy!! thanks for all the info, much appreciated.
                                There is proof in that there is no reason to assume it was not developed at CAPCOM Co., Ltd.: They had and still have an internal team in their R & D building solely dedicated to developing mobile games. A.T.N. was first released in Japan in April 2002 (published via the service CAPCOM Party: pay a monthly fee of 300 yen and download all new games per i-mode). Living Mobile didn't release the Western version until February 2004. Zombie Buster (which is pretty addictive by the way!) came over a whopping five years after the initial CAPCOM Party release, and i Survivor and Zombie Shooter never even made it across the pond.

Also, according to the official site, A.T.N. has four different endings despite the relative absence of a storyline. Maybe it even shows some credits?

I'm keeping track of all story releases in "Writers of BIOHAZARD", so just check up on it here.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                                Speaking of mobile games, who did Confidential Report? (Surely someone on the Japan side of things, since I recall it being out Japanese only for quite some time)

It's actually one of the few mobile games that kinda seems like it's a proper game and actually worth a look.
                                Same here, the mobile games developers of CAPCOM Co., Ltd. Since CAPCOM won't disclose its internal development structure, we don't know their exact name, though the job application site lists the business division as "Mobile Contents Development".

Comment

Working...
                                X