Project Umbrella Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Umbrella Updates

So yeah, been making a lot of updates to the articles lately, if anyone's interested. I'll just be posting quick lists here.

Latest: http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Hunter

Queries, questions, suggestions would be appreciated. Even better if you made some edits yourself.
    Last edited by News Bot; 07-02-2010, 01:32 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

That's very nice to know News Bot. Thanks for the updates.

Comment

Adding the "Biohazard: The Darkside Chronicles Official Guidebook" as a source for a number of character and creature articles now, such as the Hunter II, Sweeper, Anubis and Lurker. As well as minor corrections.
      Last edited by News Bot; 07-05-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Very nice update, thanks News Bot!

Comment

Looks like I have a ton of reading to do.

Good stuff, News Bot. Thanks.

Comment

Umbrella article got a major update. http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...Pharmaceutical

Still needs more work. But that's it for now. Spent all day on this one haha.

Comment

you have the file transcripts for LIN and DE scenario for RE5 Gold right?

Comment

Yeah, though there are no files in Desperate Escape. The only files in LiN are Patrick and Spencer's Memoirs. You can find them in the files section under RE5.

Comment

Before you're wasting time editing articles to fit that one...

Originally posted by News Bot
                  The knee-jerk reaction most people have to this extract is that Trevor is describing "Plant 42". This is not the case. Lets begin.

Firstly, it is completely impossible for the two plants to be one-in-the-same. First off, Trevor's Letters are written 31 years before the events of Biohazard, and Plant 42, being a t-virus infected plant, can't plausibly exist 31 years before the viral outbreak in the Arklay Research Facility because the t-virus itself wasn't discovered until 1977, ten years after Trevor sees a giant plant. Nothing short of being completely and utterly blind could allow Capcom to make a mistake as big as this one. That's because its not a mistake.

The Progenitor virus (known as the "Clay" virus back in 1996 during Biohazard's development and release) is, by all means, a virus which recombines a living organism's DNA. The virus was discovered on December 4, 1966 and the Arklay Research Facility itself was built for the purpose of researching the virus. Following the discovery, Spencer brought samples of the virus cultured in Africa back with him to Arklay. On the other hand, James Marcus and Brandon Bailey brought back samples of the plant which contained Progenitor only for that to blow-up in their face.

The extract is dated November 28, 1967. Just shy of a full year after Progenitor's discovery. Plenty of time for research and indeed, at least two mutant strains of Progenitor were already developed by then (TYPE-A and TYPE-B) and were administered to Jessica Trevor and Lisa Trevor respectively just 18 days before George's entry 18 days later. Now, what good research team would experiment with a virus already proven to have the ability to infect both plant and animal species solely on human beings?

In short? The plant Trevor witnessed was an experiment with the Progenitor virus. Or the Clay virus as it was known back then.
                  There are several flaws with that theory:

First, it's "one and the same", not "one in the same". ;)

Second, "Trevor's Notes" from the original BIO HAZARD and the book The True Story Behind BIO HAZARD were written way before the Progenitor Virus was created as a plot device (which didn't happen until spring 1998) with an elaborate backstory. From what I know, the "Clay Virus" was only ever mentioned in two guide books (Inside of BIO-HAZARD and CODE:Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho) and was said to have several variations bringing forth different B.O.W.s each (Zombie from Clay Virus Epsilon, Neptune from Clay Virus Alpha, and so on).

Third, "Trevor's Notes" were rewritten and included in the remake biohazard. Everything substantial was recycled, the unimportant and contradictory rest was dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue
                    First, it's "one and the same", not "one in the same". ;)
                    I did write it up in 10 minutes at 4am. ;(

Go here if you want to discuss the matter. Why you posted that in this topic, which has no relation to the subject you're talking about, is beyond me.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 07-11-2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

popcorn.gif

Comment

Small edit to Ivan. The Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles Official Guidebook (page 084) confirms that the Ivan with the blue HMD was a newer model developed by Sergei.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          Why you posted that in this topic, which has no relation to the subject you're talking about, is beyond me.
                          I'm not registered over there. But seeing how you bring minor updates on your articles here, I figured it wouldn't be too strange discussing it in the same thread.

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                          popcorn.gif
                          "Thank you, we're here through Saturday. Enjoy the veal!"
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles Official Guidebook also confirms that the unit Chris and Jill are with is not their own, but a local private anti-biohazard unit. They do have one of their own, though.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Umbrella article got a major update. http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...Pharmaceutical

Still needs more work. But that's it for now. Spent all day on this one haha.
                              Hmm, I'm not sure about the exact March 23rd formation date. The Bio 5 guide tells us the formation date is indeed sometime in March 1968, but if they thought of the idea on the 23rd, can they go simply from an idea, to actually establishing a company in just 8 days at the most?

Remember, Spencer told Trevor about his plans to form Umbrella in November 1967, a good four months before March '68.

Also Marcus' diary entry from March 23rd implies that this was written not long after the discovery of Progenitor due to his high enthusiasm for the virus. This for me says it was written in 1967. This is confirmed by Brandon Bailey's diary entry comments on the same subject, but this is clearly dated March 23rd, 1967.

They came up with the idea to form the company March 23rd, 1967. It was then officially established sometime in March 1968.
                              "I've got 100 cows."
                              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                              X