Dead Rising "Arcade" Controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Rising "Arcade" Controversy

To finally put an end to people slamming my name for, and I quote, "creating false hope" concerning the Arcade within Dead Rising's mall, here is the article I posted ages ago that started the controversy.

If you read the entire article, it states:
    "Inafune promises that over 100 items will be available to the player, including clothing options at some of the mall's boutiques and some hidden surprises at the local video games store ("Maybe you'll even be able to play Resident Evil there", teases Inafune.)"
    People definitely took this the wrong way. Some thought that BioHazard 1.5 would be in a playable form, others thought that the old-school PSone version of BioHazard would be playable. Of course niether are in playable form in Dead Rising's Arcade, so to finally put an end to people flaming me on AIM, etc., here's the proof that I did not start a rumour concerning Dead Rising's bonus features in the Arcade.
    I'm a blackstar.

There isnt even an arcade in DR, is there?

Comment

Well, are there any games in the arcade that you can play? Like strider or something?

Comment

Don't have the game myself, but I talked to Dot a while back and after he was told/heard about the supposed BH game in the arcade, he scoured the mall... and couldn't even find an arcade of any sorts. >.>
        sigpic

Comment

There isnt even an arcade in DR, is there?
          I really don't know. I don't even own Dead Rising, or a 360 for that matter.

The only merch of Dead Rising I own is a Trial Edition that that was included with the official XBOX magazine, an official t-shirt I bought from Hot Topic, and a promotional Dead Rising sticker that Lik-Sang gave me.

Lik-Sang...
          Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-15-2006, 11:41 AM.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Theres no arcade in Dead Rising

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              I really don't know. I don't even own Dead Rising, or a 360 for that matter.

The only merch of Dead Rising I own is a Trial Edition that that was included with the official XBOX magazine, an official t-shirt I bought from Hot Topic, and a promotional Dead Rising sticker that Lik-Sang gave me.

Lik-Sang...
              Play-asia had the stickers as well.

Comment

One of my college friends has played through the game a few times, and he hasn't found an arcade either.

Comment

In the official Dead Rising strategy guide they have cheats for Resident Evil 1 and 2 as well as many other old school zombie games. I haven't looked at the guide in quite a while but I recall seeing this. Though I already searched the whole mall left and right and couldn't find anything of the sort. Like Dot50Cal said, there is no arcade anywhere in the mall. It might have been their original plan to have an arcade but I guess they decided to scrap it.

Comment

It might have been their original plan to have an arcade but I guess they decided to scrap it.
                    Typical CAPCOM...
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

They'll probably slip one into the inevitable PS3 version, to try and encourage ppl to buy the same game again

Comment

Working...
                      X