Fourth RE Movie Scrapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth RE Movie Scrapped

Thanks to AJ for this one, According to Coming Soon the fourth film which was heavily rumored has been scrapped.

As the new synopsis for "Extinction" indicates, that is no longer the case. The plot summary for "Extinction" labels the film as "the third and final installment."
    In other news I finally got around to making a Japanese PSN account and found an RE: Apocalypse 1080p bluray movie trailer. Expect a download mirror soon.

Source: Comingsoon.net
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-20-2006, 08:19 PM.

alternate link of the news with the new image

MoviesOnline offers the most authoritative news in Canada, featuring national and international news.

Comment

No complaints here. The movies are blasphemies to the video games. Just a quick and dirty way for that sorry director to cash in on a name that's popular.
      Last edited by SlyBeast; 12-21-2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

good news, the movies should rot in the pits of my closet.

Comment

Am i the only person who liked the movies?

Comment

amongs the RE fan community, probably yes.

Comment

Oh, i see. Hehe, i always did like to be an individual.

Comment

I liked them as well, mostly because I could distinguish that they werent shooting for something 100% true to the series.

I like Silent Hill a lot more though, Probably the best movie adaption of a video game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  I liked them as well, mostly because I could distinguish that they werent shooting for something 100% true to the series.
                  That's exactly why I didn't like it. The source content is excellent, so why try to change everything around? I think what I hate most about the movies is the Mila Jovovich's character, Alice. Where'd she come from? And why does the story seem to revolve around her? Bleh.

When doing a game-to-movie, I can live with taking creative liberties here & there. One can't make a 90+ minute movie using only the dialogue that's used in game. Paul Anderson went way overboard with it and absolutely butchered the franchise. He's much more concerned with mass appeal than pleasing the fans. I understand that that's the nature of the beast, it's just a damn shame that fans always get burned in the wake of projects like this.

And to think Konami gave this guy Castlevania...

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  I like Silent Hill a lot more though, Probably the best movie adaption of a video game.
                  You said it. Yes, liberties were taken here too, but I still felt that the effort was taken to stay true enough to the source content to please the fans and non-fans alike. I think what I appreciated most about this movie was the subtle details that were left in specifically for fans of the video game, most notably the brief camera angle used in a scene towards the beginning when Rose is navigating the dark alley in search of her daughter (fans of the first game know exactly what I'm talking about). Bravo.
                  Last edited by SlyBeast; 12-21-2006, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBeast View Post
                    And to think Konami gave this guy Castlevania...
                    Could be worse, they could have given it to Uwe Boll

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Shinobi View Post
                      Could be worse, they could have given it to Uwe Boll
                      seriously. I can't believe he actually was able to make more than one movie.

Comment

I thought George A. Romero wrote a better script for his version of the film. He would have made it true to the series, the only thing different Chris was not a S.T.A.R.S member in the film. Everything else in the script was spot on and 85% true to Resident Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                          I thought George A. Romero wrote a better script for his version of the film. He would have made it true to the series, the only thing different Chris was not a S.T.A.R.S member in the film. Everything else in the script was spot on and 85% true to Resident Evil.
                          85% true to the RE world or RE the game? Cause Romero's script was not that hot really, true better than Anderson's version, but still not very acceptible imo. Too much silly changes (black man playing Barry? why?) and other such things. Just my opinion though, I know others have their own.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                            Am i the only person who liked the movies?
                            I liked the movies, I like Apocalypse most. As much as I wish they were true to the games, as a movie I think there cool.

Comment

Yep. I like the games too, though i have only played the remake or the original and the fourth game, both on the GameCube. The reason behind this i think is because i was not brought up on the games as many of you were, in a sense. I saw the movies before i played, or even watched the games being played.

Comment

Working...
                              X