Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Game Flops of 2010

Biggest flops of 2010, that is.

However... The year is not over yet or is it?
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

*cough* Silent Hill Shattered Memorys *cough*

God if you can even call it a Silent Hill game, what happened to you Konami? Stop letting shit companys do your games, they all suck now past SH4. So dissappointing....

Homecoming CRAP, Origins (Zero) CRAP, and now Shattered Memorys MEGA CRAP!

Ok my rant is over -_-

Comment

I'm not going to argue with you. I'm just going to say Shattered Memories was one of my favorite games this past year.
        It also appeals to many of my friends (Silent Hill fans and non fans alike).

As for "gaming flops": I certainly agree on Rockband: Green Day.
        The Miles Edgeworth game also came and went without any fanfare. I myself have been passing it off in favor of saving up for Dead Rising 2.

Comment

I would have loved to have played Alan Wake; the general idea of it always caught my attention whenever I would be in a GameStop and see the commercial for it. Alas, I do not have an XBOX, and probably never will. I just don't really feel like giving MORE money to Microsoft...Plus, I don't really like the controller (It may be superficial, but hey, ugly consoles/bulky controllers stir me clear away).

I think it would have had better success as a multi-platform game. Whatever, I'll live without it though.

|AA|
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
            I'm not going to argue with you. I'm just going to say Shattered Memories was one of my favorite games this past year.
            It also appeals to many of my friends (Silent Hill fans and non fans alike
            I agree.

Shattered Memories was a great game. One that actually put to shame that other "survival-horror" franchise that had zero scares in it's last edition. And since it was the last SH game that Akira Yamaoka scored, it is IMO, the last one... period.

The Green Day game was a bad idea. Not the bands fault, though. Just the idea that Green Day fans would actually play such a game using toy instruments.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

I really liked SH:SM, until I realised the dynamic of the game. As soon as I realised which parts I could die, and which I couldn't, it totally undermined the scary atmosphere of the normal world parts (and in the beginning I was feeling quite tense in some parts).

This is the main reason that I can't ever see myself replaying it, which is a shame because the first half of my first playthough was fantastic.

As for flops/disappointments/letdowns - I'm going to nominate Half Life Blue Shift.
              The best thing about that game was that it came with the Opposing force expansion. And if you'd already bought that like I did... well there wasn't much to the game at all.
              Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 08-05-2010, 12:04 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I thought Half Life Blue Shift was superior to Opposing Forces, because it felt more like the Half Life. I cant see how any HL fan would think BS was a disappointment.

Comment

I think it could be that Blur was caught in something of a racing game blast zone, hitting the market at roughly the same time as Sonys Mod Nation Racers and Disneys Split/Second.

Comment

Did I have a REALLY advanced Beta of Blue Shift if it only just came out this year? Cause I played and completed that YEARS ago

Shattered Memories was great in my opinion I still haven't tracked down SH:Origins only ever seen it on PSP and I dont have one So can't say, as for this years games . . .

Final Fantasy XIII

Bought it within a month of it coming I even got the one with the soundtrack etc but it just left me uninterested maybe I was just in the wrong place that day but I haven't went back to it yet . . .

I thought the demo of split/second was good but I don't play a lot of racing games so I never bought it . . .

Only one I'm surprised about on that list is Alan Wake I was looking forward to it and while my finances have thus far stopped me it's high up on my list although they messed up releasing it the same month let alone day and Red Dead I played that at my friends and its superb . . .
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                      It also appeals to many of my friends (Silent Hill fans and non fans alike).

As for "gaming flops": I certainly agree on Rockband: Green Day.
                      The Miles Edgeworth game also came and went without any fanfare. I myself have been passing it off in favor of saving up for Dead Rising 2.
                      Fair enough, I am a Silent Hill fan to dont get me wrong, I just don't like other companys making the games now, each one is more away from the originals. They arnt scary they are just cringe worthy, anyway il let it go.

Comment

BioShock 2.

Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerIncarnate View Post
                          BioShock 2.

Enough said.
                          Exactly, I liked it, but it just didn't have enough... I don't know, it lacked the special ingredient...

Comment

The game was mechanically good, but there wasn't any real surprises in the plot. In the first game there are two big, surprising twists to the plot. I kept trying to work out what the twist might be (Delta was Elenor's dad or Sofia's lover both came to mind) but, no.

Comment

Am I the only person who actually preferred Bioshock two? haha.

I have to say that I was dissapointed to see that Split/second was a flop, the demo was loads of fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X