Resident Evil 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6?

Should there be a resident evil 6? Who should be the protagonist? Should It be an existing character or new ones? Should the game play be like RE 0-3 or like RE 4 and 5?

What do you think?

No offense, but topics like this have seriously been over done.

Comment

For characters, I'd like to see old and new, similar to what every game in the series (excluding the original, of course) has done. Going with all new characters is instant fail for me. How about Claire? She needs a new adventure; Leon and Chris have had their fun. Jill would be nice, but she was in RE5. Rebecca, maybe? Barry is too old. Carlos would be kinda cool, or maybe Billy?

For gameplay, I'd like to see the option to play with the fixed camera angles of old or behind-the-shoulder ala RE4/RE5. Of course, you'd have to have an auto-aim option for the old angles. But since RE4 and RE5 have made far more money than the old games, expect to see that style. As long as the game is not co-op and the inventory is RE4-style, I'll be happy.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

i wud like to see jill cuzi likke jill

Comment

Imo it should have ended with RE4 like it was originally planned to. But After RE 5 what more could they do with the series?
          Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 08-20-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

They always have something. Looks like they'll be focusing on the whole idea that there are more Wesker-like super humans possibly kicking around. They don't exactly make it terribly clear if Wesker was the only survivor or not (I wonder if the Japanese file is more clear...) and if they don't, Resident 'Cash Cow' Evil makes too much money. Capcom will keep churning them out so long as they keep making a good profit. At which point they'll stop for a while and then do a re-boot.

As for RE6...I'd prefer a female lead again, although preferably not Jill. We haven't really had a female lead since RE3. And possibly RE4, depending on your view of Leon. Claire could be good. She could be helping with aid relief in an invested area and end up having to keep herself and other survivors alive with lethal gunnery. If they think the name 'Alice' I'm leaving my fandom pass at the door and going to go play another series. Maybe get some of the older Alone in the Dark Games.

I don't care about the game play style too much, but I do believe it's vital they at least try and re-add horror elements to the series. I'm worried that Darkside Chronicle's flop will convince them the fans only want run and gun game play, and not that they just don't want damned lightgun games. Even the review sites pointed out how little horror was in RE5...although they also pointed out the lack of run and gun. Eh.

Comment

They should focus on the "city" design. Find some new city and make a neat story out of it. I'm kinda home sick with all these open area designs(part 4 & 5). But will it happen? I doubt it

Comment

Resident Evil 6?

Or Resident "Chris Redfield is the secret son of Chuck Norris & Steven Seagal" Evil 6 ?
                I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  As for RE6...I'd prefer a female lead again, although preferably not Jill. We haven't really had a female lead since RE3. And possibly RE4, depending on your view of Leon. Claire could be good. She could be helping with aid relief in an invested area and end up having to keep herself and other survivors alive with lethal gunnery. If they think the name 'Alice' I'm leaving my fandom pass at the door and going to go play another series. Maybe get some of the older Alone in the Dark Games.
                  I'd very much favor of a situation like this to help bring Claire back in a game (since she's a part of TerraSave and not an organization like the BSAA). I really want a female lead in the next game, too, and I'm preferable to Claire. If they could manage to write a storyline that would help retire her as a character, I'd be very happy.

And, of course, I desperately want to see Sherry and Ada again, both more so than Claire... but, at this point, I refuse to put any faith in Capcom to build a storyline for either of them that would do justice to their potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
                    Imo it should have ended with RE4 like it was originally planned to. But After RE 5 what more could they do with the series?
                    They could do what they did to the Dino Crisis series. Take something good, change it completely and put it in space. Way to go Crapcom, you are almost there with your most important franchise. If you don't know what I am talking about play Dino Crisis 1 & 2, then play Dino Crisis 3.

Comment

Rebecca and Jill teaming up to save Sherry !

YEAAAAAAAAAAH !

Comment

Preferably I don't want anymore like Bio5. The new one should not be titled BIOHAZARD at all, but should still be set in the same universe some time after Bio5 concluded. I'm not sure about the story but I don't want any of the old characters to be playable, maybe have references to them, but not in main character form.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Personally I hope that the lead for Resident Evil 6 will be a female. I'd personally choose Claire Redfield myself. (Although Rebecca Chambers seems more interesting as well. )

I know Claire chose the role of "protector" rather than a "fighter" in Degeneration, but I wouldn't mind seeing her been forced into another situation where she has no option but to fight for her life. I wouldn't mind seeing her getting teamed with her brother Chris at various points as well. (Not all the time like in RE5, I kinda found the partner system thing to be very annoying in the long run... )

As for the enemies, I want the zombies back, but at least make them run very fast and make them more agressive and bloodthirsty, like in Left 4 Dead games. (I wouldn't mind having Claire encountering different types of zombies like in the Left 4 Dead series, such as "Hunters", "Boomers", "Tanks", etc., but not so much that it's knocking off Left 4 Dead mind you, but you get the idea ...)

Comment

i dont think there should be a resident evil 6 i think we need to have a series reboot or start a new story like they did with the outbreak files or have game play like resident evil code veronica that would be awesome i also think we should have one new character with Claire Rebeca or finish billy's story cause i really want to know if he made it out of the city cause 0 ended kinda lame. i wish they would have custom characters and clothes that riped when you got attacked alot and no more merchants instead find realist things on the zombies like bullets instead of peso's and gold like is the zombie a gold miner or WTF. I also would love to see the characters having nightmares like in the Silent Hills

Comment

Originally posted by ScaredMoney614 View Post
                              ... I also would love to see the characters having nightmares like in the Silent Hills
                              Biohazard/Resident Evil - Gun Survivor 2 - CODE: Veronica. That's Claire having a nightmare right there.

And Apocalypse, you've said just about everything I'd like in another game - Claire, zombies and/or a better variety. Personally, I'd love for them to bring the Crimson Head mutations along and they could certainly branch out things along that and other monsters into mutations that are harder, different to what we'd usually expect when we see a Licker, Hunter, Cerberus or something.

I wouldn't mind the hiding mechanic that they used in Outbreak (I'm a Clock Tower/Demento fan, I'm drawn to it) as long as they had a less static environment by having the enemies to be programmed so bumping say a chair would flag an enemy to that location to make it that there is essentially no Safe Haven.

As for multiplayer, it'd need to be optional or at least have a better range of commands instead of only getting the commands when there's a trigger. Kind of like in Demento how you can tell Hewie to: Stop what he's doing OR tell him off for not following the command, Stay/Wait, Follow, Search and/or Attack and also Thank/Praise him which felt much more comfortable to me instead of having to constantly mash and THEN go through a menu to get a command that is essentially out of the selection: if near an item, add to inventory and then a) use all health items when not needed/discard items that may be needed, b) blow all ammo/weapons whilst not hitting ANYTHING or on useless things such as crates.

Of course, it didn't help that the AI tends to walk into walls and walks past crates, items, ignores the pickup command and only comes over to pick it up when I'm already picking the damn item up.

Clunky AI and controls essentially, if it's to be done again I'd much rather AI similar to what we saw in Outbreak, Demento as I've rarely seen any issues with them across regional versions in contrast to 5.

Of course, I'd also love it if they had quite an ambient and music mixed soundtrack to cause confusion with the zombies due to the manner of the music.

And I'm going to stop there before I ramble even more. ;
                              sigpic
                              Non-blurry Signature Version
                              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                              X