Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all. Just that spending 2 years on a 10 minutes movie that I can't sell is not a good business investment, that's all ;-)
    Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Oh okay then.

Comment

Nice update there on July 4th I am excited to see this movie on halloween!

Comment

Hey guys,
          I forgot to post here that Patient Zero's fundraising is coming to an end soon (in 3 days).
          IndieGoGo is a way to fund raise independent movies and I will use whatever amount of money I'll get to improve the DVD - it will be release for Christmas.

As you can see by clicking on this link, there are many perks to gain, depending of the amount of your contribution. The most basic perk is that you will have your name in the credits of a Resident Evil fan movie, released on Halloween! How cool is that?

Thank you for your support, any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Happy Halloween!
            Patient Zero, my Resident Evil fan film, is online! View it in 9 different languages in the official website ( http://bit.ly/bO8Jzv ) or the Youtube account ( http://bit.ly/sU02kP ).
            If you like it, link to it or upload it in your own blog/website/Youtube account, etc :-)

Comment

Pretty good. The acting was good, the story fine (and took no more liberties than your average video game movie, and even then, mostly with the time frame) and for such a low budget thing the special effects were good. Wesker's accent did slowly drive me into madness, but otherwise it worked well.

Comment

Thank you Darkmoon, I am glad you like it
                Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                Wesker's accent did slowly drive me into madness
                That's one of his many unknown evil powers

Comment

Congratulations Jerome! A great short. Gotta say I loved the slight details like Wesker using his RPD uniform underneath the Lab Coat... See, you can take freedom on interpretation of a videogame, without sacrificing identity. Someone should foward this to Paul Anderson to see how things are done. Also as I've said before, the music fits perfectly, very reminicent of RE1 plus some SH vibe.

You guys did a great job.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                    That's one of his many unknown evil powers
                    Wesker has the power to drive me and only me insane with his voice? That...would explain a lot, actually.
                    Last edited by Darkmoon; 10-30-2011, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Good job, I found it a lot better than the RE 1.5 trailer. It was rather short though - an extra 5/10 minutes would have added some much needed depth to bring the story out more.. music and visuals were spot on, but the voice acting felt kinda out of sync/unclear (reminded me of the first Shenmue game actually) though perhaps this was because I was watching the youtube version. What are the future plans for RE fan films?

Comment

@Beanovsky Durst Thank you for the kind words! Yes, I tried to put some details here and there, only understandable/enjoyable for the RE fans. And yes, Yasser's music and weird sounds is perfect for my project

@Darkmoon I hope you feel special, now ^^

@Scream To answer you, I will explain what I did. In 2009, I wanted to adapt RE1 as a feature film but didn't think I was ready for this kind of big project, so I thought that instead of jumping into the feature first, I will learn how to make movies gradually. I decided I will first make a super-short movie, then a short, then my feature film.

My super-short project is the RE1.5 Trailer and yes, it isn't very good. But I learn a lot doing it! Still, I spend 9 months on it. Then comes Patient Zero, slightly better, and I spend 2 years on it. There is no way I can make a feature film without getting paid (or it will take me 20 years to achieve it) so there won't be an adaptation of RE1. Too bad, I already had the script.

About PZ's length, I wrote its script in 2009, when Youtube gave me only 10 minutes for my upload. I didn't want my project to be sliced in multiple pieces like my Resident Evil video walktroughs and I wrote a 10 minutes long piece. Of course, after completing the script, Youtube allowed me to upload 15 minutes long videos, but that was too late ;)

So, no more RE films for me (except if I found investors crazy enough to buy the rights from Sony and pay for the whole project). I am currently working on the effects of several films but as a director, I will direct a horror short movie (longer than PZ) early next year and then a web series with evil forces (and no, that's not about Wesker )

Comment

I think its possible if you get more fan investment, difficult though.. I see a lot of ultra-low budget movies these days, but its possible they make those numbers up - perhaps next time it may be better to find some decent locations to shoot rather than using CG, might be able to get more on film that way.. anyways, good luck with the future projects!

Comment

I thought that fans would help, a little, but except from a few friends, classmates and coworkers, there has been only 2 fans who did support financially Patient Zero during the whole last year. So hoping that the fans will support a fan project is, sadly, not a viable solution.
                            I agree that a feature film will not be made of CGI, but in the same time the CGI involved would be a lot more demanding than PZ's (what's a RE1 adaptation without Hunters and a Tyrant? ;-) )

Comment

Patient Zero has been seen more than 10,000 times since its release, which makes us all very happy. The fact that the fans seems to enjoy it helps, of course
                              I will update the website this week-end with the shipping cost of the DVD and the complete list of special features available, so whoever wants to help us will be able to pre-order a copy
                              My goal is to send a first batch of DVD one week before Christmas, December 17th
                              Last edited by imacwesker; 11-11-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I have been interviewed by the Brazilian fans of Resident Evil Database. If you want to know more about Patient Zero's creation, go to the English version of the text, here.
                                There will be also some rambling about Capcom, RE1.5 and Anderson But hey, they came with their own questions, I didn't select them

Comment

Working...
                                X