X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What is this?"

What is this?
    This is a sub-forum dedicated to the on-going movie projects at REFanFilms.com. Feel free to ask questions or leave comments in here or simply make a new thread in this sub-forum.

Who are REFanFilms?
    REFanFilms is short for Resident Evil Fan Films and is a group of movie makers (ranging from actors to technicians), mainly fronted by fronted by Jerome Chagnon (better known to most as imacwesker here on The Horror is Alive or simply as Wesker - the webmaster of Survivhor.)

For a full list of cast & crew members of REFanFilms, and their active projects, along with a brief introduction and mention of some of their past ventures, please see the Cast & Crew List.

What are REFanFilms currently working on?
    REFanFilms currently has two active/publicly announced projects. The first is their 1.5 Movie Trailer project, which aims to create a live action movie trailer based on the unreleased prototype version of the game that evt. got scrapped, redesign, and turned into the early 1998 video game release Resident Evil 2. Lots of footage for the trailer has been shot, but it'll all ultimately be edited and cut down to a trailer length feature, which will be released this coming Halloween.

Their other movie project is called Patient Zero and will be a short film set in the Resident Evil universe, putting light on their interpretation of the creation of the very first zombie.

Sounds awesome! Can I help?
    Yes! In fact, there are many ways for you to help!

1. Help spread the word! The more the merrier!
    2. Donate! Making movie productions is hard work!
    3. Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!
    4. Become a recognized project affiliate and supporter!
    5. Help translate their productions into language that aren't English, French, Spanish, Danish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Hungarian, or Italian! Those are the languages currently covered for their movie projects, but if you're an experienced and professional translator, one who who doesn't mind doing a few pieces of quick 'n' free charity labor, by all means consider getting in touch with them and give a hand when the time is drawing near.

Its great to see Jeromes project coming to fruition ;) Anxiously awaiting the trailer, as is Ice.

Comment

Thank you for your support, to all of you. I really appreciate it

Edit: XFactor won't be able to work on my project but that's OK, because I have found other talented people. Thank you all for your help, you have no idea what it means to me, to be helped and supported by the RE community
      Last edited by imacwesker; 09-18-2010, 11:05 PM.
      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Looks to be going good!

Comment

Thank you, Stars_g36

Comment

Do you have any signature or avatar images we could use on other forums and the like to spread the word cause this is looking great . . .
            sigpic

Comment

@ Rancid Cheese: You can either use the two small buttons at the top of the Affiliates page or the titles logos from the About page, for each project.
              And/or my signature in this forum
              Thank you

Comment

If you go to the Facebook page of refanfilms.com, you’ll see that I am giving you the choice between 2 subjects, for the last behind the scene video. So go choose the one you want to see

Comment

The Trailer is online You can either watch it on Youtube or download it from www.refanfilms in 9 different languages (subtitled).

Comment

I saw this on Youtube this morning, and was so happy to see how it turned out! You did an awesome job!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

A quick note to let you know that the release date of Patient Zero has been delayed from June 2011 to Fall 2011.

The reason is that there are more than 50 clips that need to be worked on, to add some visual effects. And this amount of work can't be done in a couple of months, if you throw in college, work and social life (what is that?).

Sorry about this bad news but as you can see below, it is all for the best

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

well as long as its good take all the time you want man...personally i would love to see your take on the resident evil series better than andersons

Comment

Well, I have 2 scripts done, one for a long feature of RE1 (very close to the videogame) and one for RE1.5/RE2 (more loosely adapted as we don't don't know much of RE1.5 storyline).

The "RE fan" part of me want to shoot both but the "realistic" part of me knows that Capcom will never sells me the rights to do it - or, let me rephrase this, I will never be rich enough to be able to afford the rights to the RE series.

And the RE1.5 Trailer and Patient Zero experiences taught me to never, ever again, try to work on a movie I don't fully own the copyright. The ratio time involved/whatever-you-get-in-return is just not worth it.

So, I will stick with various kind of monsters for my next movies, but nothing RE related.
                            Last edited by imacwesker; 02-28-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

So ... are you saying you have given up on the project?

Comment

Working...
                              X