Capcom Plans to Release Six Xbox 360 Games in 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom Plans to Release Six Xbox 360 Games in 2007

In its latest Investor Relations report, Capcom has revealed it plans to publish a total of 77 new titles across all platforms.

The report reveals that throughout 2007, Capcom expects to publish 6 new titles on the Xbox 360 and it expects them to sell 2,250,000 copies.

As soon as we learned about this number, we asked ourselves which games those six titles could be. We only counted three: Lost Planet, Resident Evil 5 and a Dead Rising sequel. What could the other three titles be?

It has been rumored that Devil May Cry 4 will only remain as a time exclusive for the PlayStation 3, landing soon after on the Xbox 360. That will give us four titles but then, what could the remaining two games be? Xbox Live Arcade games perhaps.

Marvel vs. Capcom or Capcom vs. SNK? 194X? Mega Man? Ghouls 'n Ghosts?
    Source: TeamXbox

Now then, if they are going to release 7 titles, that leaves quite a bit of mystery. TeamXbox lists RE5 as a potential candidate, but it leaves me to wonder, especially after the rumors that it wouldn't be coming until 2008. Oh well, Capcom love for all!

that leaves quite a bit of mystery
    Perhaps another RE spin-off? It's been awhile since the last Survivor title...

I'd like to see a new Mega Man game myself, but one could only hope for a decent, new Mega Man title.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Not six titles, but SIX SKU's worldwide; they've always listed them this way. Take a note at the number of titles per franchise in their platinum chart for example. In other words, 3 titles worldwide in the three regions (PAL, NTSC/UC, NTSC/J). Of course, the IR report specifies the calender 2007, so Lost Planet is one of them too (take two titles out since it's hitting NA and PAL regions in early 2007).

The current FY's report did include SFII Turbo, so I'd expect more downloads as well.

EDIT: I looked over the report again, and it's FY 2006's.... it's 6 SKU's. Note that there is mention of 3 PS3 "games" as well.. which we can safely guess to be the 3 versions of DMC4.
      Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 12-27-2006, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
        Source: TeamXbox

Now then, if they are going to release 7 titles, that leaves quite a bit of mystery. TeamXbox lists RE5 as a potential candidate, but it leaves me to wonder, especially after the rumors that it wouldn't be coming until 2008. Oh well, Capcom love for all!

Update 1:

Rumor Smash: Capcom Doesn't Love The 360 THAT Much

capcom_dude.jpgTwo Capcom-Xbox 360 rumors have been crawling around the internet for the past couple (slow news) days, so before we get too many more tips about these non-stories, let's smash 'em!

Rumor #1: Capcom Is Publishing SIX Xbox 360 games in 2007!
        Source: This chart showing Capcom's Number of Titles Released, often incorrectly referred to as Capcom's latest investor relations report.

Unfortunately, that column featuring six Xbox 360 published games indicates they'll hit by March 2007, the end of Capcom's fiscal year. The column directly to the left shows two 360 games published in the first half of the fiscal year. What were those games? Dead Rising and Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting? Dead Rising for Japan and Dead Rising for... not Japan? It's unclear how Capcom is defining these games, if they're Capcom developed titles or games published by Capcom, but since this chart is from early November, don't expect to see six Capcom titles hit the 360 before the end of Q1 07.
        Source: Kotaku

Comment

Perhaps another RE spin-off? It's been awhile since the last Survivor title...
          Either that or perhaps they should make a Dead Rising 2. If anyone finished Ending A it seems pretty obvious they will be making a sequel. Hint: Other places, infected child in every state.
          Last edited by VirusPunk; 01-04-2007, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Wait a second, doesn't Capcom publish that set of "Catan" games for the N-Gage? If so, won't they also be working on publishing the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade version? If so, then there's one game we can expect before March 2007 from Capcom.

Which, isn't good =P

Comment

Something found on BH4 PC Taiwan leak....
              Code:
              ===== Used by SetupTool =====
              [PAD0]
              PadName=Microsoft:XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)
              Foward=ay-
              Back=ay+
              LeftTurn=ax-
              RightTurn=ax+
              CameraUp=ry-
              CameraDown=ry+
              CameraLeft=rx-
              CameraRight=rx+
              Action=3
              Run=1
              Map=8
              ReadyKnife=5
              ReadyWeapon=6
              CommandAshley=2
              Status=4
              Option=7
              Is Resident Evil 4 getting ported to the XBOX 360 console?
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I thought that was for the 360 controller support...I thought that was one of the big things they wanted to implement, native controller support for it.

Comment

Yes its 360 controller support, thats all. It auto mapped it almost perfectly, though I switch the action and run around.

Comment

Dead Rising 2 would be pretty weird in a way. Maybe they'd move it to the streets, otherwise it'd be the same game in a different shopping mall...

Comment

Originally posted by Greko View Post
                      Dead Rising 2 would be pretty weird in a way. Maybe they'd move it to the streets, otherwise it'd be the same game in a different shopping mall...
                      Or in Space !

Oh wait, they tried that with Dino Crisis and look what happened

Comment

Don't even mention Dino Crisis 3.... for the safety of all around us!!

Comment

Nooooo my mind!!

Comment

Uh ... uh ... Beavers!

There we go, crisis averted and such.

Also in slightly related news, RE4 for PC (the european version) has allegedly received a tad wee bit of an overhaul according to screenshots on it's UK page. Shaders ahoi. I'll wait to see it for myself mind you.
                            Last edited by SureShot; 02-22-2007, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X