Biohazard: Archives 2 Announced, On Sales At Tokyo Game Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard: Archives 2 Announced, On Sales At Tokyo Game Show

Capcom have just announced a string of items that they will be selling at their booth at Tokyo Game Show this year. Among the items is a book "Biohazard: Archives 2", which is the second book that will explore the Resident Evil series.

This book will (most probably) be similar to the first book, whereby you will find unused materials and official information regarding the games. The first book covers the canonical games from Resident Evil 0 to Resident Evil Code: Veronica. The bottom of the book says "2002~2009", which could mean that it will cover all canonical games released within these years. So far, Capcom have only confirmed that Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 will be included in the book.

The book will cost 2940 yen at the event. Here is the cover art of the book.

Source: Capcom TGS 2010

*UPDATE*

This web page has confirmed that the following titles will be covered in the book:
    Biohazard 4
    Biohazard 5
    Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition
    Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles
    Biohazard Darkside Chronicles
    Biohazard Degeneration

It seems the book will be on sale in Japan on 21st Sep (early sales in TGS) and will have 288 pages.

Capcom Bio Series
    *END UPDATE*
    Last edited by xfactor; 09-09-2010, 08:52 PM.

Going by the two logos shown on the cover (top and bottom of the inner area of the frame), I guess it's possible that it'll indeed only cover 4 and 5. I guess 4 could be really interesting, if they dig really far back into their vault.

Comment

There's lots of stuff this book could cover. I assume CVX will be all over this!

Comment

G-Guuhhh.

Nice. Very nice. Absolutely delicious and wonderful, and I simply cannot wait to get my hands on it. A pleasant surprise, really. It'd be great if the book covered Survivor and Dead Aim, but I doubt it.

And, even though the original Archives received a less than stellar translation, I do hope it's possible for this one to see an English release. With the RE5 artbook having been translated, I'd say there is a reasonable chance.

Comment

Oh man they had to do another archive book and get my money, the capcom way.

Comment

Fantastic news. The fact it says 2002-2009 should confirm it will cover a lot more than just four and five. I'm sure there will be sections on Dead Aim, Op Javier, Umbrella's End and Degeneration as well.
            "I've got 100 cows."
            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

This one will only focus on the games that occurs after umbrella downfall..
              Last edited by xfactor; 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                There's lots of stuff this book could cover. I assume CVX will be all over this!
                They didn't touch X in the previous one? (Guess I'm not the only one who hates on certain aspects of X then!)

Anyway, X was a 2001 release, no?

Shouldn't they then change the cover to say 2001~2009?

Going by the rather visible TriCell logo and Los Illuminados insignia on the cover, maybe they'll go really far back with the RE4 stuff? Would've be nice. But since it says 2002, I guess that would possibly exclude Devil May Cry stuff (unless they go all scrapbook on it with "here's what we just left behind when we went to the GameCube" on it)

Comment

LOL! I was thinking about making a -second book- and now Capcom crushes me the idea. Hope this is for good and as TheBatMan said which includes those games, it would be great.

The dates sound that the book will contain these stuff, it'll be worth buying and then work in translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    They didn't touch X in the previous one? (Guess I'm not the only one who hates on certain aspects of X then!)

Anyway, X was a 2001 release, no?

Shouldn't they then change the cover to say 2001~2009?

Going by the rather visible TriCell logo and Los Illuminados insignia on the cover, maybe they'll go really far back with the RE4 stuff? Would've be nice. But since it says 2002, I guess that would possibly exclude Devil May Cry stuff (unless they go all scrapbook on it with "here's what we just left behind when we went to the GameCube" on it)
                    My bad, should've been clearer. I meant CVXfreak the dude, since he'll be at TGS.

Comment

Oh my god, This is a must buy!
                      I hope they make a English language version of this book. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        The first book said 1960-1998, so it's not about when the games were made, it's when the story happens!
                        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I think I'm more happy about this than a potential announcement of RE6 if I'm totally honest. The potential with 3.5, back stories for RE4, The Organization, Alex Wesker etc. Not to mention hopefully a definitive answer to the RE4/5 Las Plagas plot hole.

But yeah, downside is even if there is an English version planned, it will probably be a long ways off I guess...
                          Last edited by TheBatMan; 09-09-2010, 07:36 AM.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Hopefully the English translation will be a good job. It'll be nice to have some concrete information coming.

Comment

Wonderful news.
                              I hope a decent Spencer's profile in this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X