No announcement yet.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3DS Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Revelations goes back to the style of gameplay of RE4 (suggested by the regenerators) then sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      What a joke. A Mercenaries-only title? What a complete joke. Instead of adding the option in Revelations, they make you buy a whole new game altogether. Absolutely pathetic. I realize the milking of Resident Evil has been in full swing for a few years now, but this is downright atrocious. It looks like RE5's Mercs mode but with new characters. Why couldn't they have just added more characters for RE5? Because they'd rather charge full fucking price for a brand new game on a brand new handheld.

The 3DS has a pretty serious lineup, I'll give it that... but at $300 at launch, I don't see myself getting it.

As for the Revelations footage...

...that looks a lot like a Regenerator, no?

I agree, what shit, no offence to the "millions" but I dont give a shit about multiplayer, I just like playing RE games alone, as intended. Fuck all this action inspired shit. Its hardly Resident Evil anymore ARGH!

... At least the other title looks good. But really I have to buy yet another DS.. I hardly use the ones I have already

Rant over

Comment

I think I'm sold and shall be indulging in a 3DS!

Now let's just hope that the characters and stages of Mercenaries are a little more varied and not just a mix of RE4 & 5 Merc modes as the images suggest. Fingers crossed for the inclusion of Claire. She needs her over-the-shoulder debut even if it is just in Mercenaries for the time being...

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
          Brief clips of both titles can be found in this Nintendo 3DS lineup gallery:
          Nintendo 3DS Software Lineup
          WOW!!! Revelations is by far the best looking game of 3DS at this point.
          sigpic

Comment

At this point they're just mindfucking everyone who wanted RE PSP

Comment

Don't. Care. Price. Sexy. Portable. RE. Must. Get.

Two titles? Geez... It's no RE6 but at least we got another Resi Title. I love Mercs, so for me it's a must (since we all know it will obviously feature Wesker... It's a no brainer for me.)

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Well this is great news. Maybe now instead of a simple extra, Mercenaries can be actually expanded a bit more and have tons of characters.
                Looking at those silhouettes it's clear that Wesker is in as well. You can see him all the way to the top. The others look like Leon, Ada and Claire in that order from left to right after Wesker. Any other ideas about them? Claire could actually be Sheva as well and considering this is RE4+5 it would make sense... but I'm hoping that's not the case lol.

Comment

I have been asking for this... since RE5 came out. Oh my God it's like the happiness all up in my business! 8D

This is great news! Keep it coming!

Comment

I never liked Mercenaries this much. Just it's not my thing. Either multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
                      I never liked Mercenaries this much. Just it's not my thing. Either multiplayer.
                      Same. Oh well there goes Biohazard / Resident Evil 6 out the window.

Comment

If you hadn`t noticed already, the shadowed chars on the poster are Barry, Rebecca and Claire, the one between Rebecca and Claire is probably Wesker, can`t really tell who`s the one with only a leg and an arm holding a gun.

Comment

Revelations is looking really good; and more Mercenaries; but a new system around $250, plus games = big pain to my wallet.

Comment

Actually going from the Japanese pricing the 3DS is around $300.

Revelations looks better than Mercenaries graphically to me, wonder why? It actualyl looks like it should be on a console not a hand held. Disappointed that Revelations is just yet another over the shoulder action looking game, can't this just die? Boats haven't worked well with RE so far anyway, Gaiden was on one and it sucked, Dead Aim was on one and it sucked, third time lucky maybe? At least Jill isn't blonde anymore, still don't understand why they suddenly decided she was in RE5.

Comment

The japanase yen value to dollar/euro is crazy at the moment so you see why they havn't revealed the price on the console over here yet (I am expecting the 250 dollar range) since I am sure they have to factor the right value and price in terms of what value the 3DS will do.

Thinking more on revelations, I am hoping for this to allow local/online coop play like with 5 if done right. I wouldn't mind if that's the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X