No announcement yet.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3DS Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left of Barry looks like Ada. I can't be sure 100% who the person between her and Claire is. First I thought Wesker because of the collared neck, but not as convinced anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LeigiBoy View Post

Nice catches. :]

I'm hyped about the possibilities for duo mode. I'm especially giddy about a Claire/Chris and Claire/Ada partnership. Now, I'll just cross my fingers for some minor characters, such as Billy, Steve and Carlos. It would make me so happy to simply have this large assortment of characters from the series. The dorkish fan in me would shed a tear of joy. Less likely, I know, so I won't be too disappointed if it's only major characters.

I just hope this game doesn't fuck you over like Mercenaries and Mercenaries Reunion, where certain modes disable characters and partnerships.

Comment

Awesome news. I've been waiting on a Mercenaries-only game for awhile and this just makes me excited to purchase a 3DS even more.

Also, HUNK looks badass as the focal point of that poster.
        A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by LeigiBoy View Post

That lonely, bowl-shaped head in the middle can belong to only one of two people:

Last edited by Vector; 09-29-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Wow. Both of these games look great!

Looks like I'll be getting the Nintendo 3DS after all.

Comment

man, anything RE on a handheld is gay, just like MG. well i'm in no hurry to buy this, or that other one. i can wait till they're bargain bin.
              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Like a few others I would be all over these on a console. These screens are just too small for my liking. Capcom sure wants everyone to love Nintendo as much as they do. Anyway, I'll probably just grab them down the road when I can get them on the cheap.
                Last edited by veronesis; 09-29-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Actually, Capcom just want money. Look at the pathetic support they gave to the Wii. Monster Hunter sells on the PSP, and they made MH sequels on the PSP. Mega Man sells on the DS, and they make more Mega Man games on the DS/3DS. Its that simple.

Portable handhelds isn't playing 2nd fiddle to the home consoles in Japan anymore. It's become as big if not bigger than home consoles there. You know how those smartphones have apps that gives them various features such as E-books and map reading? Nintendo have already pushed the DS into that direction right from the start, and is looking to continue so by partnering up with various Jpn broadcasting companies to provide 3D contents on the 3DS, and the various applications on the DSiware. It is not simply a gaming handheld anymore in Japan. Its a lifestyle gadget, with video gaming as the main focus.
                  Last edited by xfactor; 09-29-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                    Nice catches. :]

I'm hyped about the possibilities for duo mode. I'm especially giddy about a Claire/Chris and Claire/Ada partnership.
                    Mmmmmm.....It's no secret I adore the Chris and Claire partnership, and it's a damn shame it's only happened in ONE chapter of Darkside Chronicles, Afterlife and the RE5 viral videos. =[

Comment

I'm excited a bit, yes. Very.

But the title is just so... iffy. Seems so uninspired *referring to Mercenaries*

I have this strange feeling that the whole game might just be a Mercenaries game. Ehh :|

Comment

From NeoGaf, found by Sectus:

So it's Barry, Becca, Krauser, Wesker and Claire.

Hope they will put every RE4/RE5/RE5 Gold character there and add some more. Also, more game modes.
                        Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-30-2010, 02:04 AM.

Comment

So the only 2 'new' characters who weren't basically 'ported' over from RE5, are actually from RE4 and aren't 'new' at all.

Is anyone surprised by this? At all?

Comment

We don't know if those are the only new characters. And it was clear that RE4 characters will be there, since one of the pulished screenshots shows Jill on a castle stage from RE4.

Also, putting RE4 characters into RE5 gameplay means they will be modified a bit - they need to have all those melee moves that RE5 characters have.

Comment

Like most people have said i'm more mad jackal than new mercs lost interest in the new ones in a matter of minutes, so I will be avoiding this like the plague. Although I am impressed how they have managed to get the RE5 models onto a handheld re5 3ds anyone? ¬_¬

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                                So the only 2 'new' characters who weren't basically 'ported' over from RE5, are actually from RE4 and aren't 'new' at all.

Is anyone surprised by this? At all?
                                Like Mr. Zombie already mentioned, we have no way of knowing this is the entire cast. Besides, Leon is not in that photo, and do you honestly think they'd exclude him? (Regardless of how some fans may feel about him...)

And, given that Claire is undeniably one of those placeholders, it's much easier for us to speculate the game could include more than just the RE4 and RE5 cast. She may be ported from Darkside Chronicles, but both Chronicles games open up a whole slew of possibilities for playable characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X