No announcement yet.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3DS Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious as to why HUNK is so heavily featured in that art?

Could it be he has a big role in Revelations, and this looks to capitalise on that (I guess it depends on which comes out first really...)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post

Could it be he has a big role in Revelations, and this looks to capitalise on that (I guess it depends on which comes out first really...)
      He's a mercenary, after all...so it doesn't seem weird for me at all. xD

Also, What Xfactor said is true and it's a fact. In Japan, Handhelds are all the rage now even bigger than consoles...pretty much is
      the same for me as I don't have time to sit around and play in my console as much as I used to or want to.
      Last edited by Kaneco; 09-30-2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
        man, anything RE on a handheld is gay, just like MG. well i'm in no hurry to buy this, or that other one. i can wait till they're bargain bin.
        I didn't realise Resident Evil on handheld was homosexual?

Anyways, this is REALLY exciting, I'm actually welcoming this with open arms...

Granted they include;
        .Lots of stages.
        .Lots of characters.
        .Unlockables.

Then it's a day one buy for me.

Comment

Nice catches. Also Wesker is a given for this. The guy died and he's popping up everywhere. I'd be surprised if he didn't show up here.
          Also remember that the old RE4 characters need updated moves to work with the RE5 ones so they are actually new. We also see HUNK using shotgun+ sniper rifle so weapon sets are also different or maybe you pick weapons/find them.
          Ada and Leon are also a given. Hopefully we get more stages from past RE games as well. I'd love an RPD stage with Nemesis as a boss. Just use CH instead of normal zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
            Because he's the face of RE mini games, and that's what Mercenaries is, a mini game.

Comment

I think that's not a question of "putting RE4 characters in RE5 gameplay", "port characters from UC or TDC" or something similar to this, since Mercenaries 3D it's not RE5: it's being made to a new console.

So, they could put whatever characters they want to, since they not porting it, but creating it (even if they already have a base).
              Last edited by Davi Redfield; 09-30-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Revelation controls. The pic was taken from neogaf.

Last edited by aris13; 09-30-2010, 11:59 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

“Resident Evil Revelations is a pure horror game. The fight against terror that is approaching you is a theme this time. Being able to experience it in 3D must be a great joy for the players. Right now all the members in the development team are making it so that in the end, it may even make players too scared to continue forward.”
                  Link

Now this is interesting. Glad I saw this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                    Link

Now this is interesting. Glad I saw this.
                    I'd believe it if they hadn't used that line a few times before. DSC being the main one I remember, but who can help but make fun of 'Fear you can't forget...because you can't remember any.'

Comment

• Well they class the mercenaries' game as "survival action", and looking at the information and style Revelations has shown, it's a lot more survival horror compared to what Resident Evil 5 was.

The feel of being away from "home", surounded by the sea in a cruise ship that is dead, the setting being dark, cold, and the use of 3D and lighting to try and add the tension of surviving while you're exploring this dead ship. I am hoping that the use of weapons, limited supply of ammo, and the mental challenges will bold well and fit the term survival, than going gun-hoe.

Call me optimistic.
                      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 09-30-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Exactly. Based on the hype for past games you can expect horror elements, but don't expect the game to actually be scary.

Figures they would use the over-the-shoulder shoot em' up game play with the MGS4 option of going into first person view.

So if zombies are going to be part in this I can't help but wonder how that will play out. You can't simply make them slow moving zombies that die in a single head shot. They'll have to be suped up or crimson heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                          I am hoping that the use of weapons, limited supply of ammo, and the mental challenges will bold well and fit the term survival, than going gun-hoe.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

• What can I say? The RE guys can only say, 'But it's really scary this time, we promise!' so many times before I point and laugh. And then piss on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
                              Because he's the face of RE mini games, and that's what Mercenaries is, a mini game.
                              no he is not, he jsut had the first one

Comment

• Found this in GAF

Comment

Working...
                                X