[HELP] Resident Evil 3.5 Mod [PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Resident Evil 3.5 Mod [PC]

Hey guys we need some help over here to make this dream possible.

Resident evil 3.5 - Hullucination Biohazard. hey guys, for all the people who wanted the hookman, the fog version (or the umbrella version (yes it's all the same stuff nobody ever noticed :O)) the RE4 beta's. I am making a ground breaking RE4 mod that...

Developer: @Koen_roeje

Are you one of the guys doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Are you one of the guys doing it?
      Currently I'm just trying to extract some similar 3.5 textures from GC version of RE4. and I'm trying to help with some ideas to make this mod better. but this mod needs a big team!
      Last edited by ashkan; 09-29-2010, 02:50 AM.

Comment

This forum is devoted to modding Resident Evil 4 & 5. I'm sure you'll get more results asking for help there.

Comment

Originally posted by ashkan View Post
          Currently I'm just trying to extract some similar 3.5 textures from GC version of RE4. and I'm trying to help with some ideas to make this mod better. but this mod needs a big team!
          Going off the top of my head for textures similar/about the same as in the 3.5 footage and screens...

You'll need some textures from Demento then, specifically from the outside the first bedroom to the dining room, the outside and inside of the music room, dining room itself, puppet/doll room, hallway outside of the dining room and bathroom, textures from the drawbridge/balcony area, corridor outside of the chapel, inside of the chapel, some hallway textures from the taxidermy room (has a pool table in it), textures from a couple of hallways in the Daniella/Riccardo area, textures in the more collapsed part of the Riccardo first area, textures from the water tower and textures from the House of Truth.

Some of them would need to be resaturated as in Demento they're grey whereas they originally had a gold or a green tint in some of the areas.

I'll have a look later and see if I can get some textures ripped and sent to you.

In 4, you need some of the textures from Mendez' house, a heap from the Castle (make sure you get the ones from the hallway with the billowing curtains or capture that model itself as outside the window more or less that was the other side of the building we see in Demento across from the music room. You'll also need the raining/cloud sprites or something of the manner as they appear to have reused them from 3.5 in the final build.

More or less, Wizard's Ultimate Darkness gets about the same sort of effect.
          The music room piece appears to have been in some of the trailers a texture outside of the window (same as what we see when going outside room boundaries in 4) but in others it looks like it may have also been in real time at a point.

And Leftshoe18, Ashkan may have been fishing to see if it was possible to grab some textures from other builds or the like of 4.
          I already wrote up a more or less in-depth guide on where to find scrapped models, textures and crap in 4 that I know Ashkan has read.
          Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-04-2010, 06:43 PM.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
            Going off the top of my head for textures similar/about the same as in the 3.5 footage and screens...

You'll need some textures from Demento then, specifically from the outside the first bedroom to the dining room, the outside and inside of the music room, dining room itself, puppet/doll room, hallway outside of the dining room and bathroom, textures from the drawbridge/balcony area, corridor outside of the chapel, inside of the chapel, some hallway textures from the taxidermy room (has a pool table in it), textures from a couple of hallways in the Daniella/Riccardo area, textures in the more collapsed part of the Riccardo first area, textures from the water tower and textures from the House of Truth.

Some of them would need to be resaturated as in Demento they're grey whereas they originally had a gold or a green tint in some of the areas.

I'll have a look later and see if I can get some textures ripped and sent to you.

In 4, you need some of the textures from Mendez' house, a heap from the Castle (make sure you get the ones from the hallway with the billowing curtains or capture that model itself as outside the window more or less that was the other side of the building we see in Demento across from the music room. You'll also need the raining/cloud sprites or something of the manner as they appear to have reused them from 3.5 in the final build.

More or less, Wizard's Ultimate Darkness gets about the same sort of effect.
            The music room piece appears to have been in some of the trailers a texture outside of the window (same as what we see when going outside room boundaries in 4) but in others it looks like it may have also been in real time at a point.

And Leftshoe18, Ashkan may have been fishing to see if it was possible to grab some textures from other builds or the like of 4.
            I already wrote up a more or less in-depth guide on where to find scrapped models, textures and crap in 4 that I know Ashkan has read.
            Thanks for doing this. I've seen that Taxidermy room in Demento. I remember it was like a museum or something. we can use it well.

I was wondering if you can rip those Demento's maps? I think using the PCSX2 is pretty difficult and it can't rip textures well. You have to find another way. like using the extractor tools to open those files.

I found some more 3.5 textures in the final version of RE4 and I'm very happy with that. Also I found some Devil May Cry's textures in RE4 too. they are exactly the same as DMC's textures!

It's a shame that Capcom also reused some P.N.0.3's songs in RE4's Mercenaries!

If you have RE4 OST, check "Verdugo" song which is exactly the same as the background music of RE 3.5 five minute footage .

I'll check the village chief's house soon.

We had some great Doom 3 modes like Reca|| to He|| which never released and Half Life 2's Black Mesa which will be release when it's done. I hope RE3.5 mod would be the best mod ever for RE4 when it's done. This is a fact that Capcom will never going to release neither RE1.5 nor RE3.5, Then we should do this ourselves and make this dream possible!

More importantly, I want to know your idea about the new scenario that I always thinking about to put it in 3.5 mod:

That girl and the dog would walk around the Castle for a part of the game and you had to find an antidote for Leon. (A new scenario)
            Last edited by ashkan; 10-05-2010, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks for doing this. I've seen that Taxidermy room in Demento. I remember it was like a museum or something. we can use it well.

I was wondering if you can rip those Demento's maps? I think using the PCSX2 is pretty difficult and it can't rip textures well. You have to find another way. like using the extractor tools to open those files.

I found some more 3.5 textures in the final version of RE4 and I'm very happy with that. Also I found some Devil May Cry's textures in RE4 too. they are exactly the same as DMC's textures!

It's a shame that Capcom also reused some P.N.0.3's songs in RE4's Mercenaries!

If you have RE4 OST, check "Verdugo" song which is exactly the same as the background music of RE 3.5 five minute footage .

I'll check the village chief's house soon.

We had some great Doom 3 modes like Reca|| to He|| which never released and Half Life 2's Black Mesa which will be release when it's done. I hope RE3.5 mod would be the best mod ever for RE4 when it's done. This is a fact that Capcom will never going to release neither RE1.5 nor RE3.5, Then we should do this ourselves and make this dream possible!

More importantly, I want to know your idea about the new scenario that I always thinking about to put it in 3.5 mod:

That girl and the dog would walk around the Castle for a part of the game and you had to find an antidote for Leon. (A new scenario)
              At the moment, the room maps still come out like pancakes. The room models aren't exactly in obvious formats as most of the room lists simply contain mostly parameters, cutscene audio, occasionally a piece of pre-rendered stuff that's played during the in-engine cutscenes.

More or less, it seems that it may be pulling models from the three dummy sets. Sadly, Magnum's converter currently only pulls joint/skeleton pieces from the character model sets instead of a full conversion.

Additionally, the tools that were made a while back regarding room modification and/or importing have kind of dropped off the radar and have been off the radar for a while now so if anything, the easiest would be to recreate it in say a VALVe game with Hammer as when room models can be extracted in a useful format it could be imported and converted into a map with some work.

The only obvious textures are the characters, menus and a couple of other little things. I've been trying to pull things from the room files via PCSX2 but if all else fails screenshot hell more or less (during this, I also discovered a 3.5/4 and Zero easter egg in Demento). XD

Some ambient sounds tucked away in Demento sound similar to some of the early 4 trailers. The menu sound effects are also the same as DMC.

More or less, before I took a break from working on mods (I'm still having a break as more or less... Life you know?) I was looking for the trigger/flag to have a room load up with Ashley automatically using the flashlight - if that was found then it could perhaps have some use in regards to Leon.

Other than that, I had a similar sort of general thought in terms of it.
              Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-05-2010, 06:37 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                At the moment, the room maps still come out like pancakes. The room models aren't exactly in obvious formats as most of the room lists simply contain mostly parameters, cutscene audio, occasionally a piece of pre-rendered stuff that's played during the in-engine cutscenes.

More or less, it seems that it may be pulling models from the three dummy sets. Sadly, Magnum's converter currently only pulls joint/skeleton pieces from the character model sets instead of a full conversion.

Additionally, the tools that were made a while back regarding room modification and/or importing have kind of dropped off the radar and have been off the radar for a while now so if anything, the easiest would be to recreate it in say a VALVe game with Hammer as when room models can be extracted in a useful format it could be imported and converted into a map with some work.

The only obvious textures are the characters, menus and a couple of other little things. I've been trying to pull things from the room files via PCSX2 but if all else fails screenshot hell more or less (during this, I also discovered a 3.5/4 and Zero easter egg in Demento). XD

Some ambient sounds tucked away in Demento sound similar to some of the early 4 trailers. The menu sound effects are also the same as DMC.

More or less, before I took a break from working on mods (I'm still having a break as more or less... Life you know?) I was looking for the trigger/flag to have a room load up with Ashley automatically using the flashlight - if that was found then it could perhaps have some use in regards to Leon.

Other than that, I had a similar sort of general thought in terms of it.
                Do you have the name list of Demento's rooms?

We can use Fiona Belli and Hewie for a new scenario. she's much better than Ashley! Don't you think? XD

Comment

Do you have the name list of Demento's rooms?

We can use Fiona Belli and Hewie for a new scenario. she's much better than Ashley! Don't you think? XD

They don't exactly have names when you open up the debug functions from what I've seen, but I can write them out for you.

Oh, and I'm cleaning some models from 4 that I've ripped and will send them your way as they're all covered in reverse faces in spots annoyingly, including the cleaned Ashley/Fiona one with the restored alpha channels and what-not.
                  sigpic

Comment

You know, I kind of disappointed when I realized that RE4 doesn't even have a map editor!
                    Shame on Capcom!
                    Last edited by ashkan; 10-07-2010, 06:37 AM.

Comment

You know, I kind of disappointed when I realized that RE4 doesn't even have a map editor!
                      Shame on Capcom!
                      From what I recall, there was one that they had begun working on from either before the first time they tried the Regenesis mod or right after it was cancelled. Something like that to modify the rooms, but it wasn't exactly perfect and crashed a lot when testing in game but from what I recall they were able to place a cabinet where the fireplace was in the first room/villager's house.

More or less, it probably could be done if a few people spent time looking into the files a bit more than just Wizard and Zaia over at 4/5 as they've been able to do a fair bit with things such as the collision paths and the like.

And most games won't come with map editors and the like, none of the other Biohazard games did. Any of the modifications have always been done by the fans, for the fans.

Sadly, unless it's looked into properly again then it won't happen for a while.
                      ;

On the side, that Saddler model with the coat (the one missing the legs) I was having a look at it and it oddly seems to resemble one of the Aureolus portraits in Demento (the older one). The design of the outfit on that portrait is practically the same as the coat on the model, only a difference in texture on the vest, the cravat is tucked under the vest in contrast to being over it to the other portrait (younger one) that matches almost exactly up to Salazar.

Oh, and interesting thing - I scaled the 3.5 Ashley/Fiona model up and it appears that the proportions are pretty much the exact same as Fiona (to the point of using Mario's rip of Fiona's head the result was this- though facially and with the textures on the model and in the screen that Dot pulled with "Thank you for playing!" (with Reindeer Hewie in the background) on it seems to resemble the 2004 Tokyo Game Show footage version of Fiona that was facially more similar to Ashley ever-so-slightly.

Here's an example
                      of what I'm meaning on the difference, this is the same scene from the 2004 footage and the retail one. Different audio as well, which wasn't used in the final. Not to mention on this particular scene, it sounds as though one an Ashley audio file has been used oddly.

I've compared it, overlayed it and have checked the other frames to it and there are slight differences but during this scene it's the most obvious to the more similar appearance to Ashley.
                      Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-07-2010, 08:44 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow.... Good job...Thanks. That clothes suits Fiona's figure!
                        Maybe she was an Airship pilot in 3.5!?

Edit: I didn't know they've motion captured a dog for Demento!

Attached Files
                        Last edited by ashkan; 10-07-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Wow.... Good job...Thanks. That clothes suits Fiona's figure!
                          Maybe she was an Airship pilot in 3.5!?

Edit: I didn't know they've motion captured a dog for Demento!

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20041015/dem.htm
                          Yep, they made a special suit for them motion captured two of them - Rars and Dietgart.
                          I believe that shot was from when they were getting the motion capture for the cutscene "Cat Fight" just going off the top of my head as I'm too lazy to check the complete guide at the moment.

I can't remember which one of the two he is though.

At the back of the Complete Guide is an interview with Naoto Takenaka (I haven't gotten around to translating it yet) that I could scan in if you wanted to read over it as it goes on for a few pages.

And she may have been due to the quirky content 3.5 had and the amount that has been shared in Demento... just there are a few possibilities.

The factor that we have got the airship hallway you see from the outside shown as an Aquarium in Demento and where you begin the game also appears to have pieces of it floating around the walls near the cellar block you begin from. There's also the balcony that's oddly positioned with the drawbridge that has a divider put in but more or less would be the Airship dock that we see partially as it's covered with dark lighting and rain on top.

It's more or less the same, excluding a dividing wall they put in to make a puzzle with it.

More or less there being multiple other stuff that suggests a few things, I more or less found it strange that the model matched Fiona's proportions more than Ashley's and the like considering that Fiona is rather physically weak and she'd much rather "borrow" the books from the Castle to read but if push comes to shove, she'll do things she normally wouldn't. So, there's a high chance of it there that she'd be the pilot as considering all of the different comments that show up regarding the books when examine different spots and different times there could have been a trigger to find a book so she could read over how to pilot it or something.

Though, it wouldn't really need a pilot at that point considering that it was clearly docked at the Castle for whatever reason before leaving - just it's very strange that Fiona and Ashley share animations and the like and at most they kick and throw stuff for moves. XD

Of course, there's weird stuff in the concept art that suggests that there may have been usage of ventilation shafts like in Biohazard 2 with Sherry as those ones are more than big enough for someone to fit in on the concept art.

So, that's to be kept in mind as well that she may not have automatically been the pilot per say considering Debilitas was originally a large, hulking zombie in broken shackles that was decomposing over time. There was the damage system to have torn clothing that was scrapped before the release again (but was to be used for quite some time to the point that the opening 1 and promotional images/covers for the books) show it...

Not to mention, another interesting piece is that in the trailer with the Spencer voice over the top is that we can see Leon succumbing a bit, but it also looks like he's being sick. In the early footage for Demento, we can see and hear Fiona being ill a lot more than a single specific point in the retail one that it does also affect the speed and the like of the character (quite similar to the damage in Outbreak which has an extremely similar set up to Demento with the AI and the like).

*Shrugs* With the scrapped medicine item in 4, it could have been used in regard to stop this on either of the characters as the medicine does in a manner within Outbreak.
                          sigpic

Comment

I would be grateful if you upload that texture which is similar to RE3.5.

I mean this window:

Comment

That window texture would be the one from this area, just doubled up.

I'll see if I can grab the texture properly shortly. I just need to get Riccardo away as the closest save I've got to that area at the moment is only on Hard Mode.
                              Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X