Resident Evil Revelations (Recorded) Gameplay Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Revelations (Recorded) Gameplay Video

There's a new gameplay video of Resident Evil Revelations on youtube from MXTV (TV program in Japan).

From the video, it is now confirmed that the first person view shows up when you are in aiming mode.

Resident Evil Revelations Gameplay Video
    Last edited by xfactor; 10-26-2010, 10:55 AM.

Looks sweet.

Decided to embed the video in your post, by the way.

Comment

it looks amazing, and from the looks of it on par with RE4 which should make it a highly enjoyable portable game.

the new BOWs look great too.

Comment

Oh Look, D.I.J. returned. Maybe he was looking for Claire & Wesker.

Comment

My God rapid Japanese is annoying as hell. We get it, you're excited. Now shut up and let us watch the damn footage.

As for the gameplay itself, I can't say that I like the first-person aiming. That just doesn't sit right with me. On the other hand, those Regenerator-esque monsters look awesome and the environments seem cold and dark, which means it is much closer to RE4 than it is to RE5.
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

^I don't see or feel a similarity in the atmosphere or the environment to RE4 or RE5.

Its more of Dead Aim- esque. With the ship setting, dark and cold, raining, etcetra.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
              ^I don't see or feel a similarity in the atmosphere or the environment to RE4 or RE5.

Its more of Dead Aim- esque. With the ship setting, dark and cold, raining, etcetra.
              Because RE4 didn't have any of those last three things: dark, cold, or raining? It actually had all those aspects in plethora.

Only the ship reminds me of Dead Aim, and even then it's different because Dead Aim was such a short game that the ship setting is almost inconsequential.

EDIT: And when I say "dark" I don't necessarily mean actual "dark" as in "blackness" but instead a kind of mood. The gothic and medieval setting of most of RE4 is definitely "dark".
              Last edited by DarkMemories; 10-26-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Weird how the highlight of the video for me was the death stare the dude in the background gives at 2:51....
                REALDEMO

Comment

A new Dead Aim with Jill on it!!! I wonder if we will be able to use Chris too?!

Comment

Awesome, You can Actually Hear the sound of The movement on Blood
                    The atmosphere and Tank Controls actually Make it look Amazing
                    To Me I feel no difference when It's FPS while shooting.. But You can't see who is Behind you...

Comment

New Regenerator-zombies seem a cross between the Necromorphs of deadspace and Chimera of Resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                        Only the ship reminds me of Dead Aim, and even then it's different because Dead Aim was such a short game that the ship setting is almost inconsequential.
                        Dead Aim also changed to first-person view while aiming.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
                          Dead Aim also changed to first-person view while aiming.
                          True, but that experience was cumbersome at best if you didn't have a light gun. I doubt this will be quite as irritating as that.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                            Because RE4 didn't have any of those last three things: dark, cold, or raining? It actually had all those aspects in plethora.

EDIT: And when I say "dark" I don't necessarily mean actual "dark" as in "blackness" but instead a kind of mood. The gothic and medieval setting of most of RE4 is definitely "dark".
                            That doesn't say a thing.

RE5, in fact, had all three of those AND a ship. If anything, RE5 is more close to this than RE4. RE5's dark setting was just as heavy, if not heavier. The dead village, the facilities and the whole Monarch Room area, the lab and the ship itself, etc.

Even then, its DA that RE:R resembles the most.
                            Last edited by ElusionM; 10-26-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Looks fantastic, and how similar to Dead Aim is it - they were right on the money for future Biohazard titles when made that - which is why I love Dead Aim so damn much.
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X