Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    That doesn't say a thing.

RE5, in fact, had all three of those AND a ship. If anything, RE5 is more close to this than RE4. RE5's dark setting was just as heavy, if not heavier. The dead village, the facilities and the whole Monarch Room area, the lab and the ship itself, etc.

Even then, its DA that RE:R resembles the most.
    How are bright blooming sunlight (and not foggy and dreary like RE4's daytime stuff was) and clean-looking environments what makes RE5 closer to this game rather than RE4? And are you really telling me that RE5 spends more time in dark settings than RE4?

RE4's entire game is in a "dark" setting. RE5 is dark for the duration of a little less than half the game.

And if we're going for purely the meaning of "dark" as night, then RE4 has:

Chapter 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 90% of 3-1, over half of 3-2, half of 4-1, all of 4-2 and 4-3, 5-1. 5-2, and most of 5-3.

RE5 is "dark" for: 6-1 and 6-2 and the very end of 2-3. The caves and the lab are as well-lit as the indoors of the castle in RE4, so I'm not counting them either.
    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

That doesn't say a thing.

RE5, in fact, had all three of those AND a ship. If anything, RE5 is more close to this than RE4. RE5's dark setting was just as heavy, if not heavier. The dead village, the facilities and the whole Monarch Room area, the lab and the ship itself, etc.

Even then, its DA that RE:R resembles the most.
      Agree 100% with you. It looks more RE5 than RE4 the first 10 seconds of the video I thought it was the ship used in RE5. The first corner is identical until Jill runs around it. The new BOWS look pretty good and difficult. Thought we was seeing the return of zombies until they stood up from eating the dead guy. Looks very good which is bad news for me because now I've got to buy a bloody 3DS.

RE4 sure is getting alot of props lately. I guess people have forgot that this is the game that changed the Resident Evil series. Everyone seems to be blaming RE5. RE5 only did what RE4 did because it was so succesfull. If they have just changed the whole system of how the game is played then why is everyone expecting the same again for the next game? Since when has Capcom ever done that. Look how similar RE1,2,3,Code,Remake and 0 was. Apart from a few tweaks here and there, different backgrounds and better graphics theres not much of a difference. Yet one game after the RE4 overhaul everyone expects an overhaul again? I think people may be asking to much now. I wouldnt be suprised if the RE4/RE5 controls go on for at least another 3 games.
      Last edited by CrimsonElder; 10-26-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

RE5 was stale because it came out 4 years after RE4. And in an crowded genre. Alot of games had improved upon the groundwork laid by RE4 since it came out.
        The 4 years between 1996 and 2000, the original, RE2, RE3 and CV all released, and in a niche genre. In those 4 years nothing improved on the forumla (other than Dino Crisis lol).

I think having the game play like Dead-Aim is excellent. Let's just hope there is some tension and scares in there.
        sigpic

Comment

Hand held Dead Aim.......

Comment

RE5, in fact, had all three of those AND a ship. If anything, RE5 is more close to this than RE4. RE5's dark setting was just as heavy, if not heavier.
            That is, infact, bullshit. I'd call that more a "deserted" feeling than a dark feeling.

Comment

Yay, a RE4 vs. RE5 discussion!

While I do think the Revelations gameplay we've seen thus far looks like it's very similar location-wise to RE5's ship, I have to agree with DarkMemories. Aside from the ridiculous plot, RE4 had a darker mood than RE5, which I believe was due to the locales. A creepy (even in the day) village in the middle of autumn, a cold stone castle, and a desolate lab on an island beat any of the bright locations featured in RE5 when it comes to mood. RE4 felt dark, and RE5 felt deserted (as Steve-Ø said) and even exotic at times; but bright and colorful locations does not a great RE game make.

As for the enemy in the trailer, the two girls (I think) playing the game kind of detracted from the horror with their constant giggling. However, it really did look like a hybrid between a necromorph, a regenerator, a tyrant, and possibly U-3. I always thought the necromorphs looked amazing; plus, Dead Space beat RE to the table when it comes to bacterial agents of infection.

I only hope that we are not stuck on the ship for the entire game, though. It might be cool at first, but it's a little "blah."
              Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 10-26-2010, 09:51 PM.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Game looks interesting, hope to get it when it comes out

Comment

sounds like another Gun Survivor game with the switched view.
                  Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

I think there is a picture showing Jill aiming in 3rd person
                    It's one of the latest pictures
                    sorry can't put it here now because I'm posting using my mobile phone
                    EDIT:http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/arti...9072936920.jpg
                    Last edited by Zero38; 10-27-2010, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Unbeleavable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will indeed buy a 3DS!!!

Comment

I believe the aiming being third/first person is switchable.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Those hallways remind me of that one hallway in RE2 (the one where the zombies' arms reach out of the boarded up windows). Very similar in design. And I like the darkness to the hallways. The game definitely looks interesting, and certainly a step up from RE5. I wish we could ge a higher quality direct-screen video, but I suppose this is better than nothing.

And I agree with what people are saying. RE4 is certainly darker than RE5. I don't like RE5 AT ALL. It makes RE4 look better.
                          Last edited by RetroRain; 10-27-2010, 11:25 AM.
                          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

it looks absolutelly fantastic!!! day one buy for me
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Glad to be back to see some nice footage on the game. Can't wait.

Comment

Thanks To V for Valentine for Posting the link in Biohaze

The newest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine (ONM) hit store shelves today in Europe, and there were a few interesting tidbits about Resident Evil Revelations. First they seem excited as they think Revelations could be the very best Resident Evil game to date, combing and evolving the series in ways to take what works and […]

The newest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine (ONM) hit store shelves today in Europe, and there were a few interesting tidbits about Resident Evil Revelations. First they seem excited as they think Revelations could be the very best Resident Evil game to date, combing and evolving the series in ways to take what works and amplify it. Having a Resident Evil 4/5 camera style while maneuvering cramped spaces in the dark haunted house-like cruise ship, the camera style changes to a first person view when they aim, with ONM also confirming in this mode players can move and shoot while aiming. Given you’re not going to be running and shooting but stick to a crawl as you can allow yourself to pace around as you aim. They also say 3D is one of the best things to happen to horror gaming, there’s nothing quite as terrifying as looking left or right and seeing nothing there only to turn around and see something coming at you in fully rendered 3D.

They also speak a bit how the game is very story-heavy, and their interested to see how a friendship-turning sour between Chris and Jill fares as some initial disagreements turn into distrust which soon turn in suspicion and madness. They also speak that the game uses weather to it’s efficiency, and that the cruise ship they are on is doomed and as the game progresses parts of the ship are getting flooded and torn as monsters break free and multiply. They even hint that this all happens in real-time and not scripted to reaching certain points in the game, so the longer you dwiddle-daddle the worse state the ship finds itself in and the harder it gets for our heroes, with it maybe even including timed events in the style of The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask where it sounds like the whole ship is screwed and you need to get out of there before time runs out with specific events linked to certain times on the ship. All very interesting an unexpected.
                                There is also more about Mercenaries, It has all RE4 & 5GEcharacters with new hidden Characters like Claire

Comment

Working...
                                X