Dead Rising 2 Sells 2 Million, Blue Castle Officially Renamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Rising 2 Sells 2 Million, Blue Castle Officially Renamed

Capcom has revealed that Dead Rising 2 has shipped 2 million units world wide, which is already over the original Dead Rising. Capcom expects the game to ship at least 3 million units before April 2011. Also, Blue Castle games has officially been renamed to Capcom Game Studio Vancouver now. But while DR2 did well, Capcom as a whole still suffered losses thanks to Lost Planet 2 under performing.

Dead Rising 2 Ships 2 Million Worldwide
    Last edited by A-J; 10-28-2010, 01:47 PM.

I'm not overly interested but any idea what the 360/PS3/PC split is on this 2million? Just out of curiosity what with the 360 having the exclusive DLC and Case Zero apparently the fastest/biggest selling DLC according to OXMUK . . .
    sigpic

Comment

It's shipped, not sold AJ

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
        It's shipped, not sold AJ
        Yep, siliconera made the same mistake :p

Comment

As far as the 360 portion of that number goes, you could just as well translate it to units sold, since so many stores seems to be straight down sold out of the 360 version (while still having mountains of PS3 copies in storage) - seems like certain regional distributors just can't satisfy the demand or something in a timely manner (something which surely also could be kinda bad for sales too)
          Last edited by Carnivol; 10-29-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

As I said in other topics, the 360 has the series history and the added incentives of the DLC building into that which the PS3 doesn't, it was always going to sell high levels (I was expecting around 3:1). Seems very likely now.

Some great work there by Capcom shooting themselves in the foot about really growing the IP by making it multiformat and then not really giving anyone a reason to buy it if they haven't played the original. If you have a 360 you buy it because you liked the original. If you have both consoles you buy the 360 version because it has the extra DLC. If you buy the PS3 version you get mostly bugs and a sub-HD version. Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
              If you buy the PS3 version you get mostly bugs and a sub-HD version. Yay.
              I chose the PS3 version and its fine to me, I ususaly always choose a PS3 version game rather then the 360 one if it is on both consoles.

Comment

I enjoy the game (and currently am 1 trophy away from Platinum), but I'd be kidding if I didn't say it's definently one of the buggier games I've played in recent memory.

It's locked up on me a couple of times and reset my console once from lockup, I've had audio file issues where I get hiss from tracks that error. I've had onscreen skip cinema text in co-op stay on my screen, items and zombies moving and floating through the air, I've had the arm in the mission menu spazz out and spin around in circles, I've had numerous weird mini-co-op bugs too. Plus numerous times where the game has slowed down and the frame rate has chugged to literally sub10 frames a second. And as I said, the game is not running at the same resolution as 360 version to begin with.

Comment

As an owner of the PS3 edition, I'll agree that I've definitely noticed some bugs and glitches going about. For some reason, mine has issues from time to time with the stage in the Slot Machine Ranch. Whenever I leave that particular area, I'm good...Meh.

I will admit that I am a bit pissed that the Playstation Network has not offered the Case Zero add on. I realize it's an XBOX exclusive, and blah, blah, blah...But I'm still hoping for a release.

|AA|
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                    As an owner of the PS3 edition, I'll agree that I've definitely noticed some bugs and glitches going about. For some reason, mine has issues from time to time with the stage in the Slot Machine Ranch. Whenever I leave that particular area, I'm good...Meh.

I will admit that I am a bit pissed that the Playstation Network has not offered the Case Zero add on. I realize it's an XBOX exclusive, and blah, blah, blah...But I'm still hoping for a release.

|AA|
                    I'm thinking it will be combined with the "Game of the year" edition? As they just released GTA4 with Lost + Damed and Gay Tony as one big GOTY edition.

Here's hoping

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                      I'm thinking it will be combined with the "Game of the year" edition? As they just released GTA4 with Lost + Damed and Gay Tony as one big GOTY edition.

Here's hoping
                      True. And I wouldn't at all be surprised if something like this actually happens, but in all fairness, I would not buy it. I really cannot fathom purchasing numerous copies of the same game. If I was an avid collector or something, maybe...But as a simple gamer, no...One version of the game will suffice for me.

I would like to just see it put on the PlayStation Network...I'd pay $5-$10 for it.

I would rather soak my money elsewhere...Such as:

...Which I did buy a few weeks back via eBay...Freaking love that coat!

|AA|
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X