RE The Mercenaries & Revelations New Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE The Mercenaries & Revelations New Info

A couple of scans from Official Nintendo Magazine have surfaced online which shows off new details regarding the 2 Resident Evil titles for the 3DS.

For Revelations, unfortunately nothing new was really revealed, except that it is now confirmed that you will be able to walk and shoot at the same time, and that is a full-blown entry to the series, not a spin-off. The ETA for the game is Autumn 2011.

For The Mercenaries, the magazine stated that it will contain all stages and characters from The Mercenaries mode in RE4 and RE5, as well as brand new modes and hidden characters. Just like in the main entries, the characters will have their own set of starting items, and the alternative costumes are confirmed as well. The game will support up to 2 players. The ETA for the game is Spring 2011.
    Last edited by xfactor; 10-28-2010, 12:37 PM.

Omg I can't wait to get both!!

Comment

Walk and shoot at the same time? Yikes. I like the format of not being able to walk. Builds tension. Let's see how they implement this...
      REALDEMO

Comment

That was Actually Needed Since REUC!
        Maybe Because You're not used to it
        But It looks really good to me, You can See Hunk Walk and Reload at the same time here,,
        http://www.youtube.com/user/RelyonHorror -Check out for coverage of these and other horror games over at the Youtube Channel.And keep updated at http://www.r...

Comment

Great! If there are hidden characters for mercenaries, it has to mean that we're going to see menor characters.
          I'd love to see if ark and bruce are included too. It would be awesome so see all those no-popular characters!

Comment

Hmm. Seems like Capcom listened to some of the criticisms RE5 received for it's lack of "run n gun." Interested to see if they can honestly implement it effectively.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice to see that Claire will most likely be in Mercs 3D. I for one would like to see several "old" characters return to Mercs, including:

Leon
              Ada
              Carlos
              Nicholai
              Alfred
              Alexia
              Steve
              Birkin
              Billy

But I'm sure we'll be lucky just to get Leon and Ada. I don't know about you guys, but I care far more about seeing some of these classic characters than I do about alternate costumes for existing characters with different loadouts.
              Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 10-28-2010, 05:34 PM.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I think The magazine Confirmed all Stages and Character from RE4 and RE5 are in, including Barry and Rebecca .. So Excella and Josh are likely in it as well
                Last edited by Zero38; 10-28-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Whoa, this is really exciting to see all these characters in one Mercenaries game; Along with new ones! It's also pretty cool we can play in familiar stages, can't wait to play as Leon and Sheva. =]

Comment

Finally, after years of not implementing a feature that should have been SI, they do it.

Silent Hill laughs at the notion of "building tension" from 11 years ago.

Comment

I don't care for the shooting-while-running feature. They should do without it. All that does is add more action to the game. What happened to "pure horror game"?
                      Last edited by RetroRain; 10-29-2010, 07:23 PM.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Nothing says "pure horror" like being able to run and shoot and the enemy(s) can run faster than you...

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                          I don't care for the shooting-while-running feature. They should do without it. All that does is add more action to the game. What happened to "pure horror game"?
                          It doesn't necessarily "add more action," and while it gives the player a greater level of freedom it's probably the tiniest cog in a horror mechanism. One could argue that more restrictions = tighter level of tension and suspense but again there are much more substantial factors, such as the level design, the lighting, the staging/timing of scary scenes, the music, etc. I will point to the Silent Hill series once more, which always has the feature to move and aim. It's generally considered much more frightening than any RE game.

It's not such a big deal that I'd bitch if it isn't around (hell when the RE5 demo backlash came about I was against those who wanted to move and aim), but I honestly don't know why they keep leaving it out. Shit, Outbreak File 2 had it.
                          Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 10-29-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

The new mechanic is not run-and-gun, though. The magazine says it's now possible to aim while walking/running.

Comment

Working...
                            X