Keiji Inafune Departing from Capcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
    Some of you people make such god-damned stupid comments, it really makes me want to punch your faces.
    Oh look. an Internet tough guy. anyways. It was obvious that he wasn't happy with job with all the crazy things he was saying recently.

Comment

Good.

First Jun Takeuchi wants nothing to do with Resident Evil (or at least take a break from it) and now this idiot leaves. He sure did his damage to Dante before he departed. I dont want to see any more westernized ideas.

@ Internet tough guy, bring it. We'll all take you out.
      Last edited by 5 Minutes; 10-30-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Well if Inafune wants to try a more western approach he should get a job @ Epic... LOL.

A shame he left, I was hoping he could take on RE6... But what the hell, it might be a good thing.

What bothers me is what will happen with the Dead Rising series? I'm saying this considering that I haven't played Dead Rising 2 (I'm a broke bastard, I know LOL), but if Blue Castle or whatever they are called now did a good job then there's a chance that things might work out.
        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 10-30-2010, 01:32 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Alright, guys. While I disagree with the way he expressed it (seriously? Face punching? What lack of creativity! It should at least involve a blender) Prime Blue was simply expressing his frustration. He never said he was gonna go around everyone's house who thought that. So let's all drop it.

And maybe Blue can think about expressing himself a little better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Prime Blue was simply expressing his frustration.
            Not frustration, but irritation. Some of the people here are just really into the blame game without knowing at all what they are talking about. They act as if Takeuchi single-handedly developed the games they were disappointed with (or rather, "hate", because nothing really exists in-between best and worst on the Internet) and was responsible for all the creative decisions.

The guy directed a single game, Onimusha: Warlords, and has been producer for recent games. Producers at Capcom have zero clout, they just handle the budgets. The directors and supervisors of the games make the decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
              Producers at Capcom have zero clout, they just handle the budgets. The directors and supervisors of the games make the decisions.
              Then how do you explain the cancellation of RE 1.5 by Mikami the producer of RE 2, it wasn't Kamiya's decision as far as I know.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                Then how do you explain the cancellation of RE 1.5 by Mikami the producer of RE 2, it wasn't Kamiya's decision as far as I know.
                It was the decision of Okamoto and the management to expand the series for the purpose of increasing revenue.

Comment

The role/responsibilities of a producer kinda depends from company to company, really (and which producer role he has)

Same goes from individual to individual too, as in how much he's willing to invest himself in the project. A "good" producer can be just about as involved with the actual project as the director sometimes is (and just as about as a bottleneck as anyone else), despite usually being less "hands on" with the dev team than the director "should" be. He'd be giving the thumbs up and down to what to do, how much to invest in keeping on doing it and where things are in need of additional investments. (Using "investment" as a very loose and vague term here, since it pretty much could apply to what anyone, directors included, does on a project.)

Regardless, putting the blame on a single individual is stupid.

Who's fault is it that a game is not perfect? A coder who couldn't program the perfect game? The designer who came up with the concept the coder couldn't handle? The producer for approving the designer ideas? The company for funding the overall project? The consumer for wanting it?

Fingers can be pointed in any direction and you can't really blame anyone unless you have direct insight in the project itself and know everything about how things went down and why.

Comment

yeah well even though.im not gonna stick around and see Resident Evil go down this rollercoaster.I think I bought my last capcom game.

Good day.
                    sigpic
                    www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Working...
                    X