RUMOR: Slant Six Working on Resident Evil Title for Capcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
    It's ABOUT TIME!!! I can't wait to FINALLY get a FPS to play deathmatch and capture the flag!!!!!! I have absolutely no game like that. Will we get to be a marine with huge biceps? No chicks in it, unless their breasts are Dolly Parton size. At last, brand new games!
    World English Dictionary
    overreact (ˌəʊvərɪˈækt)

— vb
    ( intr ) to react excessively to something

overre'action

— n

Comment

Not holding my breath or getting hyped as usual.

Comment

This could be interesting or it could be nothing. I'll withhold judgment until there's some more info if this is even true at all.

Comment

All I can say is god nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .

When a company lets someone else do their games they always suck.

Comment

You know what would make Capcom look better, have them make a lot of money, and regain the fans confidence in them? If they did remakes of Resident Evil 2 and 3. Those 2 games could benefit from remakes, and they are in the old-style, lots of fans love 2 and 3, Capcom would make money, the fans would be happy, everyone would be happy. They should take a break from the shit they've been doing with the series, and make these two remakes before going forward. There would be nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Both parties would be happy.

And just for the record, Code Veronica DOES NOT need a remake.
            Last edited by RetroRain; 11-05-2010, 10:05 AM.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

The problem is, would they remake them well? Or would we get something with RE4's basic engine and running zombies? Or maybe go the whole hog, have Claire and Leon/Jill and Carlos go through the game together as partners like RE5? That's the danger here. Capcom seem to be convinced that more action is the way to get the best sales from the RE series. So far, they seem to be right, as loathe as I am to admit it. I'm very uncertain I'd trust Capcom to remake RE2 or RE3 without it being a clusterfuck.

Comment

No, remakes of RE2/RE3 would have to be done the way those games were made. The old style, similar to Remake. No RE4-style. That wouldn't be a proper remake. If they were to do it in the RE4-style, then they shouldn't do it at all. The whole purpose of doing those two remakes is to step away from that new style, so they can appeal to the fans of RE2/RE3, and still make money, and look good in the fans eyes. It is the perfect solution, and would make up for the fuck-ups they have done with the series as of late.
                Last edited by RetroRain; 11-05-2010, 10:11 AM.
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

The idea of a remake is to update the thing to modern standards. How many remakes of horror movies have only a passing resemblance to the origional? A remake could, possibly, switch the control scheme. And yes, for us, it would be terrible. For Capcom's bank balance? I dunno.

Comment

I'd rather have low expectations for this. That way, if it turns out to be fun and original, I'll be way happy when it's officially released. If it turns out to be another generic game, I won't have MY HEART BROKEN TO PIECES AS USUAL BY CAPCOM!!!. *cue hysterics*
                    Last edited by The_15th; 11-05-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      I'm very uncertain I'd trust Capcom to remake RE2 or RE3 without it being a clusterfuck.
                      My first thought as well.

Comment

After what Inafune said about Capcom, it should be understood by all that the SUITS/shareholders are the ones calling all the shots.

This is why they come up with all these wacky ideas to keep milking that cash cow for all its worth.

And that won't change anytime soon.

IMO that's why so many RE creators said sayonara to Capcom recently. And that alone didn't bother the Capcom suits. Not at all. They told Inafune to hit the bricks. Neither the idea that the "fans" could potentially do the same.

I guess this happens because there is such a HUGE new audience for all things RE/RE Movies related stuff, that they don't believe they have any need for the old RE creators and long time fans.

It seems they're on the money... cuz RE is basically what that company is living off as of right now.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                          After what Inafune said about Capcom, it should be understood by all that the SUITS/shareholders are the ones calling all the shots.

This is why they come up with all these wacky ideas to keep milking that cash cow for all its worth.

And that won't change anytime soon.

IMO that's why so many RE creators said sayonara to Capcom recently. And that alone didn't bother the Capcom suits. Not at all. They told Inafune to hit the bricks. Neither the idea that the "fans" could potentially do the same.

I guess this happens because there is such a HUGE new audience for all things RE/RE Movies related stuff, that they don't believe they have any need for the old RE creators and long time fans.

It seems they're on the money... cuz RE is basically what that company is living off as of right now.

Fucking idiots and there stupid dumbed down movies! ARGHHHHHHHH I knew this would happen. Why couldn't the first movie of just bombed like "DOOM" with the Rock... ughhhh..

Great just like Silent Hill, Resident Evil will become shit too....

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            I'm very uncertain I'd trust Capcom to remake RE2 or RE3 without it being a clusterfuck.
                            This is what I feel in regard to it, but not just remakes - games in general, considering their recent games I haven't actually got any sort of expectations of a baseline standard unlike their titles in the past. But yeah, clusterfuck is the perfect way to describe it DM.

More or less, more so with the comments about Platinum considering that when we were chatting with Alyson Court - Kamiya commented that he'd like to remake 2, but if he did he'd do it to the same way that REmake was done as that's the only way to do it.

I'm more or less hoping this rumor is false, considering the horrid look of the DmC reboot I honestly don't want to think about it when I also think about Slant Six's past stuff.

I mean sure, Outbreak would be cool and all but it wouldn't be handled right and the way they're going, remakes would be as you said DM - a downright clusterfuck.

Though, I find it funny how they're going for a broad-range on their target audiences but it's somewhat funny how the new ones, or the casual ones are getting drawn in and realizing how Crapcom are being money-grubbing bastards lately (see the "Capcom Arcade" thing on iTunes, people being lured in as the titles sound familiar, more-so as it's icon has Street Fighter plastered on it - they were expecting free Street Fighter games, only to discover it was bad ports of old games, you get three free plays but then you need to cough up money as it's pay-per-play for an old, crappy port to the Apple's iProducts).

And DONNIemo, to be quite frankly honest - I consider Biohazard to already be shit now as all I can see looking at new/current Crapcom things is suits in the company villas' hearing "cha-ching cha-ching" non-stop.

Of course, the suits fail to realize that the casual/movie-only fans have no idea that the games and the like aren't all "OMFG EXPLOSIONS AND NUDE/SEMI-NUDE MODELS EVERYWHERE" as to what they're used to seeing and after seeing a fair amount of them recognize the Resident Evil title and come back to the store enraged over that factor and that the game doesn't let them flip off walls and the like of what they've seen in the movies is also cutting that particular audience off as well.

So, seemingly on the long-term and new audiences - Crapcom is screwing both over and I honestly do not see this turn if it's true going over that well.

Anyway, my apologies as I'm rambling on.
                            Last edited by Enetirnel; 11-09-2010, 07:35 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Non-blurry Signature Version
                            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post

Anyway, my apologies as I'm rambling on.
                              It's all good, I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X