Resident Evil Damnation Debut Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno why but this JUST struck me.

Degeneration came out a few months before RE5 and had some plot elements tie into the game's storyline, right? What are the odds that Damnation does the same thing for RE6? If Damnation is due in 2012, then maybe this gives us a clue as to when they're looking at releasing RE6.

/2cents

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
      Call me crazy, but I'm going to go with this guy:

Spoiler:

Yea, yea...he was in the game we do not speak of. Few liked it.

However, he was a good friend of Leon's - and crazier things have happened.
      I was always hoping he would get another shot, but it could very well be Billy or Carlos.
      That would rock as would Bruce McGivern. It does look like Chris or Billy though.
      Last edited by veronesis; 11-07-2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
        Ada better be in this or so help me god....
        Took the words right out of my mouth.

If this movie turns out to be another 90 minute Leonfest with absolutely no Ada, I am going to be devastated and, quite frankly, very pissed off. The last thing we need is Capcom dragging Leon along in another movie that offers nothing to the wider picture of the series' storyline.

So, crossing my fingers for Ada. I don't think that's too much to ask, Capcom.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if Ada Wong was in it. But personally I surely hope that Capcom stick to their word on the The Making Of Degeneration feature, and put Rebecca Chambers in this film.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
            Took the words right out of my mouth.

The last thing we need is Capcom dragging Leon along in another movie that offers nothing to the wider picture of the series' storyline.
            What was the previous one?
            I hope you say the Paul Anderson movies.

Because Degeneration, and now, Damnation, are movies made directly to the game fans. And Degeneration adds more info about the bioterrorism menace in the word in his first five minutes or so, then RE5 did itself, IMO.

I'm really tired to see rants about a character appearing and other don't, everywhere.
            Leon is a protagonist, Ada isn't (til now). Just like that.
            Last edited by Davi Redfield; 11-09-2010, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post

Because Degeneration, and now, Damnation, are movies made directly to the game fans. And Degeneration adds more info about the bioterrorism menace in the word in his first five minutes or so, then RE5 did itself, IMO.

I'm really tired to see rants about a character appearing and other don't, everywhere.
              Degeneration was kinda pointless actually and just pure fanservice. I mean I liked it and all but its true. Besides kinda setting up Tricell It didnt do anything else

Comment

Degeneration also let us know what Claire has been up to since the events of Code Veronica, which wasn't a bad thing...(Granted, after watching it a few times, it becomes more of a chore each time.) I think these movies should keep that up. I would love to see Ada and Leon together and it's definitely my number one hope...but, I wouldn't mind if another returning character got a chance to show what they've been up to since their last game.

If that shadowed man turned out to be Carlos, I'd be satisfied. If it turned out to be Ark, my mind would be blown (Capcom would get a bow). But, I just hope this doesn't turn into a total sausage fest...
                Last edited by Kei_M; 11-09-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
                  Degeneration was kinda pointless actually and just pure fanservice. I mean I liked it and all but its true. Besides kinda setting up Tricell It didnt do anything else
                  I agree, I found it rather pointless with the Indian woman and her child part.

And mygod Leon is the man, but his hair looked horrible, I've seen Ken barbie dolls that look better

Comment

...Huh?

I have absolutely no idea what you're saying here.

But, um, I wasn't making any reference to the live-action films, at all. I was just saying Degeneration felt like a waste of time, to me, and I'd be rather irritated if Damnation does the same thing.

Comment

I think degeneration was like a test, it was the first movie capcom people made (from what I know). They even said something like that so I guess Damnation will be better. At least I hope to see an improvement from degeneration

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                        ...Huh?

I have absolutely no idea what you're saying here.

But, um, I wasn't making any reference to the live-action films, at all. I was just saying Degeneration felt like a waste of time, to me, and I'd be rather irritated if Damnation does the same thing.
                        I mean that for me, the only movie(s) that offers nothing to the wider picture of the series' storyline, and that are a total waste of time, is the ones made by Paul Anderson.

I would mention some interesting points of Degeneration, if wasn't very clear that doing so would be pointless.

I'll be happy if Damnation end up being in the same level of Degeneration or better; if worse, then I'll be irritated.

Maki-Neko, there is Biohazard 4D Executer.
                        Last edited by Davi Redfield; 11-09-2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I mean that for me, the only movie(s) that offers nothing to the wider picture of the series' storyline, and that are a total waste of time, is the ones made by Paul Anderson.

I would mention some interesting points of Degeneration, if wasn't very clear that doing so would be pointless.

I'll be happy if Damnation end up being in the same level of Degeneration or better; if worse, then I'll be irritated.
                          Any distaste I have for how Degeneration was handled is strictly my own. You're free to feel otherwise.

I largely consider Degeneration a waste of time based on how it was so heavily focused on Angela, a character who was stale, boring and really unneeded. Sadly, I have this horrible hunch she may return in Damnation for whatever reason, which would annoy me a lot.

I want these CGI movies to take the plot somewhere, not just portray storylines for throwaway characters while providing minimal information about the plot like an after-thought. Anything Degeneration revealed (such as Tricell buying out WilPharma, information about what Claire's been up to, the status of the viruses on the blackmarket) could've easily been revealed via an in-game file, which, to me, really goes to show how the movie lacked importance. I'd like to see the actual plot progress (i.e., move forward with the Organization/Ada storyline).

I can appreciate what Capcom intended to do, and there are aspects I enjoyed about Degeneration, such as the return of Claire (and her VA, Alyson Court). Degeneration was a decent first attempt. I just sincerely hope Damnation can give us something worthwhile, because I wasn't blown away by its predecessor.

(Also, whatever Anderson is doing with his live-action films is really quite irrelevant, to me, since I haven't seen either Extinction or Afterlife.)

Comment

Leon despearetly needs a new look. That hair, face and jacket from Degeneration are all terrible

Comment

IMO what these films really need is a co-director/producer from the West. This because the Japanese have a particular taste and a way of working a film script that in most cases bring results that are considered way too corny and/or awkward for the audiences in this part of the World.

Take Leon in the first film. He was basically playing the typical Japanese stoic loner/hero. No emotions at all. And Claire was given the role of a mother of sorts. Incredibly passive.

I'm just saying that these guys in charge of the next film really need some creative input from ppl from the West. A good thing to consider. Since these flicks are catering westerners and not just Japanese.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

It would be awesome if it was Ark!

Comment

Working...
                                X