No announcement yet.

Silent Hill Movie Sequel Gets Fancy Title, 3D Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows, this may not be as bad as it sounds, but I'm not holding my breath. I loved the first one, hopefully it will live up to it.

Comment

The director speaks about the new film via his blog:

I love the games and was a huge admirer of the first film. Especially how Christophe Gans and his team managed to capture the look and feel of the world. I say, if it ain't broke don't fix it, so I'm bringing back as many of that core creative team as I can - but I'm probably going to bring just a little more darkness and fear into the mix as well. I love the complex mythology and psychological twists that Konami created so will do my best honour that aspect too.

I'm determined to deliver a film that builds on the qualities of the first film and draws on the best aspects of the games whilst giving the audience more nuanced characters, a compelling story and introducing some terrifying new monsters (as well as bringing back a few favourites) and, most important of all... just scaring the shit out of everyone.
      sigpic

Comment

This guy can say whatever he wants, SH and 3d are the things that must not be used together. I can already see a PyramidHead again? just because he looks cool, and as Darkmoon said, a lot of shit being thrown into the screen(
        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

The blog post sounds promising but it could turn out to be just some sort of hype-generating statement that essentially means nothing. I'm hoping for good things though even if I don't necessarily expect them.

Comment

I must admit, I'm kinda tired of these statements...it's essentially, 'We are awesome, the stuff we do is awesome, we know exactly what the fans want and we've made it even more awesome.' And then we get whatever they're actually working on.

Comment

Long story short: I don't think it will be as good as the original, oh well.

Comment

Working...
              X