Resident Evil: Damnation Official Site Goes Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Damnation Official Site Goes Live

The official site for Resident Evil: Damnation is now online. It contains nothing new. You can view the trailer previously shown on G4, now in better quality on the site.

Resident Evil: Damnation Official Site

Capcom refuses to give Leon a new look after all these years? He's had basically the same hair cut since his RE2 debut. Time to give him shorter hair or something so it doesn't look like a cheap rehash of previously made character models.

Comment

OH NOES. THE HAIRCUT.

Comment

I don't see why some of you lot are making such a big deal out of Leon's look. Quite frankly it doesn't bother me one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Stalker View Post
          I don't see why some of you lot are making such a big deal out of Leon's look. Quite frankly it doesn't bother me one bit.
          It's just the way the site is now. It doesn't matter what happens, almost everyone is unhappy with it.
          It's why I havn't been on this site for months, it gets irritating after a while...just comment after comment of complaints.

The movie looks great to me. Sure Leon looks the same, But you wont believe how much is costs to build a new model or make new things for it.
          You've gotta pay the modelers, the texture artists, pay for the software, pay for the animators, the concept artists etc... it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially since it's HD stuff.

Comment

the CGI quality looked pretty damn improved over Degeneration in that teaser, BUT WHO IS THAT GUY !!!

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              the CGI quality looked pretty damn improved over Degeneration in that teaser, BUT WHO IS THAT GUY !!!
              The teaser for Degeneration was just as polished.

Comment

Pretty sure the mystery guy is Billy. I mean the pose he's making in the video is almost identical to this picture.

But who knows, I could be wrong. Knowing Capcom I probably am.
                Last edited by TheMedic; 11-12-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Stalker View Post
                  I think it bothers people because Leon is about the only character who's never had much chance (physically) since his debut.

I mean:

Chris:

RE1/Remake; he has different looks
                  RE3:RE3 shows him with a different hairstyle, dressing style, and an overall change.

RE:CVX: He gets red-tinted hair; and becomes more muscular than the last time we saw him.
                  RE:UC: His hairstyle goes back to the ugly one he had in REmake. Although, here, they were cheap and lazy and reused the REmake models.

RE LIN: He looks like an older version of the Chris from CVX (and amazing accurate too), with a newer hairstyle, and better physique.

RE5: LIN-type hairstyle, much, much more muscular, facial structure looks more rugged, has facial hair now, and the hairstyle looks new as well.

Now, if anyone gave a damn, I can continue on with other characters like Jill, and Claire.

With Leon, the only change he ever got was the one from RE2 to RE4. Since then, he has been the same everytime he makes a cameo; looks, and personality. (heck, even the dressing!)

Wake up Capcom; and get your lazy asses off the comfy chairs and start giving characters better, updated designs.

/explanation
                  /mini-rant

Comment

After the Devil May Cry shitstorm I really doubt Capcom will change any of their characters very much at all.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                      After the Devil May Cry shitstorm I really doubt Capcom will change any of their characters very much at all.
                      Have to agree there Gene!

That's a redesign a bit too far in my book to the factor that the character isn't recognizable in contrast to say, a design that flows with the releases to show the changes with the character.

But on the discussion of design changes/updates... I didn't mind Claire's Degen update, however brown pants are sort of a no-no with that particular shade of pink as it blends a little bit too much despite essentially a mature variation on her original colour scheme would have been more recognizable in say jeans or the like but a more mature look in contrast to the 2, CV designs still showing Claire's youth and the like.

They could probably give Leon a new look, but they'd need to put it in a way that we would still recognize him (think of say, Leon getting his scar or to the various mutation stages and the like that we see throughout the series).

I wouldn't mind if they modified Leon a bit - like it was a change in the DSC Operation gear in contrast to shirt, pants, slightly different jacket (2 Alt. costume, 4, Degen now Damnation) - but if we see a modification for a reason, then I feel it'd be better than a sudden redesign that makes him not recognizable as a main within the franchise.
                      sigpic
                      Non-blurry Signature Version
                      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Yeep. Ppl just need to complain.

However, me thinks that they're a bit selective on that...

I mean, nobody was complaining about Wesker looking in RE5 like an 80's pop band fugitive. With the shades and the 'Frankie Goes to Hollywood' hair-do.

IMO Wesker and Leon are basically like Simon Cowell. Men that refuse to change their looks from the time they were teenagers. Pushing 40 and dressing up like kids in their late teens.

I don't think they will change Wesker or Leon's looks too much, though. The shades or hair are part of the character's personality. You can identify them easily thanks to said accessory or hair style.

I would think ppl would rather complain about the movie having a better script. And not having a bigger budget.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                          I think it bothers people because Leon is about the only character who's never had much chance (physically) since his debut.

I mean:

Chris:

RE1/Remake; he has different looks
                          RE3:RE3 shows him with a different hairstyle, dressing style, and an overall change.

RE:CVX: He gets red-tinted hair; and becomes more muscular than the last time we saw him.
                          RE:UC: His hairstyle goes back to the ugly one he had in REmake. Although, here, they were cheap and lazy and reused the REmake models.

RE LIN: He looks like an older version of the Chris from CVX (and amazing accurate too), with a newer hairstyle, and better physique.

RE5: LIN-type hairstyle, much, much more muscular, facial structure looks more rugged, has facial hair now, and the hairstyle looks new as well.

Now, if anyone gave a damn, I can continue on with other characters like Jill, and Claire.

With Leon, the only change he ever got was the one from RE2 to RE4. Since then, he has been the same everytime he makes a cameo; looks, and personality. (heck, even the dressing!)

Wake up Capcom; and get your lazy asses off the comfy chairs and start giving characters better, updated designs.

/explanation
                          /mini-rant
                          For Chris in RE:UC, I like the decision of reusing the model fo consistency sake. Perhaps they can give him some new clothes. Even Jill has got 4 outfits with lesser appearances.
                          Last edited by xfactor; 11-13-2010, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                            For Chris in RE:UC, I like the decision of reusing the model fo consistency sake. Perhaps they can give him some new clothes. Even Jill has got 4 outfits with lesser appearances.
                            Yeah, but REmake Chris in the Russian Base scenerio? Come on, that took place many years after RE1.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              I would think ppl would rather complain about the movie having a better script. And not having a bigger budget.
                              You've read the script already? We can't complain about the plot if we know nothing about it. Also, has Capcom or Sony released their planned budget for this film?
                              What a stupid argument.

As for the person who said that making changes to a character model is too expensive because it's HD... well,

It was nice to see Jill finally get long hair in RE5. She looked good with it and showed a realistic change considering it was many years since her last appearance. Chris' appearance change was big but you can still tell his REmake model (which is sort of the cannon look now) was the basis for his RE5 face. I wouldn't have minded Leon's look in Degeneration if he had his RE4 face. RE4 Leon was modeled after a real handsome man but Degeneration Leon uses a completely new (and very ugly) face. I guess Capcom didn't want to pay the model to use his likeness again.
                              Last edited by djepic112; 11-14-2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X