Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BH2/BH3 Sourcenext releases: Remove subtitles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BH2/BH3 Sourcenext releases: Remove subtitles?

Is it at all possible to get rid of the subtitles in these versions, for the in-game cutscenes? I want to record them with Fraps but god damnit the subtitles have got to go. Are there any mods or fixes for this?
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Is it at all possible to get rid of the subtitles in these versions, for the in-game cutscenes? I want to record them with Fraps but god damnit the subtitles have got to go. Are there any mods or fixes for this?
    Why are you asking? Are you planning on re-uploading the cutscenes on Project Umbrella, without the Japanese subtitles?

Comment

From what I recall the subtitles are burned into the videos themselves so I don't think they can be easily removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
        From what I recall the subtitles are burned into the videos themselves so I don't think they can be easily removed.
        This is correct, plus why would you record them with FRAPS instead of working with the original files on the disc?

Comment

I said in-game cutscenes. Not FMVs. =P

Comment

News Bot, the subtitles in real-time cutscenes are removable.
            These subtitles are simple hexadecimal codes in RDT files.

You need to find these codes and replace them with "erased codes" or "00".
            When dialogues are loaded these subtitles will be invisible.

Comment

I think I found the RDT files... how do I go about changing them? And do I have to do them all individually or something? There are hundreds by the looks of things. :/

Comment

Just replace the JP RDT's with the UK/US RDTs and you are done. Though examining objects like "this door is locked" will be in english but the spacing is wrong and will run off the screen.

Comment

Now I just need those other RDTs haha.

Comment

If you have all rooms in your mind you can modificate only RDTs with dialogues. But the work will be hard yet...
                    You can follow the Enrico's tip [change RDT files] and work in only broken files cases.
                    In RE3 game, the work is more difficult because the files are inside compacted ROFs data containers.

What is your objective with this work?
                    If you want to play RE games with HD FMV, just change the movie folder and enjoy!

Comment

I just want to record the in-game cutscenes in Biohazard 2. The Sourcenext version is the only PC version of the game which works on my system. The Biohazard 3 version I have (the Xplosiv release) works great so I don't need to do anything for it.

Comment

GRRRR. The game won't work for me now. I get "Failed to initialize DirectX(R)". God damnit. How do I fix this shit?

Comment

GRRRR. The game won't work for me now. I get "Failed to initialize DirectX(R)". God damnit. How do I fix this shit?
                          I wouldn't even bother with the PC-DVD releases, the only thing superior there are the FMVs. The GameCube version has the best in-game graphics. Dolphin can record cutscenes without losing even a single frame (using the "Dump Rendered Frames" option).

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
                            I wouldn't even bother with the PC-DVD releases, the only thing superior there are the FMVs. The GameCube version has the best in-game graphics. Dolphin can record cutscenes without losing even a single frame (using the "Dump Rendered Frames" option).
                            How am I supposed to go around getting a Resident Evil 2 GameCube iso? lawl

Comment

How am I supposed to go around getting a Resident Evil 2 GameCube iso? lawl
                              That should not be the problem, they are floating around everywhere if you don't have the means to dump your own discs.

Just threw that out as a suggestion because FRAPS can be a pain when it comes to stable recordings.

Comment

Working...
                              X