Jill Valentine in Marvel vs Capcom 3 as DLC Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Here we go again... Takeuchi's just the producer

Actually, the origins from the battlesuit harkens back to REmake (remember the artwork shown after beating the game?). Although a bit different, the general idea was the same: a purple/dark blue battlesuit with high heels.

Anyway...

Cool to see Jill joining the Biohazard team. I'm tempted to get the CE with all these cool extras, and it's only $10 more.

Comment

I'm officially sick of Battlesuit Jill. I dearly miss RE1 Jill, and even BSAA Jill was tolerable...but this Battleslut attire wore thin on me within weeks of playing RE5 for the first time. It's just stupid. The P30 device, the tight spandex, the twin Skorpions, all of it are just a reminder of RE5 which feels like a bad dream that came true.

There's no doubt in my mind that Jill in MvC3 will be doing backflips and ridiculous martial arts attacks while spamming her Skorpions and all kinds of other stupid crap. I wish when Jill 'died,' she stayed dead. She's a shell of her former self.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        I'm officially sick of Battlesuit Jill. I dearly miss RE1 Jill, and even BSAA Jill was tolerable...but this Battleslut attire wore thin on me within weeks of playing RE5 for the first time. It's just stupid. The P30 device, the tight spandex, the twin Skorpions, all of it are just a reminder of RE5 which feels like a bad dream that came true.

There's no doubt in my mind that Jill in MvC3 will be doing backflips and ridiculous martial arts attacks while spamming her Skorpions and all kinds of other stupid crap. I wish when Jill 'died,' she stayed dead. She's a shell of her former self.
        I completely, wholeheartedly, obsessively, heartbreakingly, utterly agree.

If the outfit had been a bonus costume in any game, as it was clearly considered in REmake, then it’d be a different story. But, the fact this outfit is actually an official part of canon… Yikes.

Comment

Personally I think Jill Valentine looks hot in that picture. Love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
            Does the fact she still has the P-30 attached to her chest mean her abilities are super-mega-batshit-crazy?

Not that her abilities without it necessarily made a difference in Desperate Escape and Mercenaries.

But... It's still curious that they made a point to include it.

While I am inclined to agree, let's remember what type of game this its. It's a fighting game....every character is going to have a ridiculous amount of attacks, skills, etc. The placer art shown earlier in the MvC3 thread of Jill was a hell of a lot better looking though, even if it was the classic art/taken from MvC2.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I wonder since were getting characters as DLC I wounder if any of the characters who are absent for daff reason might be added as DLC.

Comment

Jill looks great as usual. I'm glad my main is back in this.
                My Capcom team is now complete: Chun Li, Trish, Jill.
                Considering Tyrant still made it into the game as a stage cameo maybe she'll get a Nemesis super. Hopefully she'll get costumes instead of palette swaps. At least BSAA Jill should be easy enough to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                  ^ Here we go again... Takeuchi's just the producer
                  Tsk, Resident Evil producers are not the same as regular producers. Y'know, like the regular type of producer that simply makes sure a project gets funded and stays within the budget. RE producers are a lot more than that.

Even Mikami complained that even as a producer he couldn't avoid getting involved in the creative side of game making. Then you read up on what Takeuchi and Kawata where doing during RE5's production and you see that they were indeed involved in the creative process despite being 'just the producers'. Its a dysfunctional thing with them.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                    While I am inclined to agree, let's remember what type of game this its. It's a fighting game....every character is going to have a ridiculous amount of attacks, skills, etc.
                    I know that. That wasn't the point of what I was saying. I was just simply stating my distaste for this new RE5 Jill and her super-human P30 abilities. RE1 Jill was effective in MvC2 with a moveset that included punches, kicks, rocket launchers and other weapons, as well as the 'summoning' of zombies, Cerberus, etc. She was just a normal woman but was effective to play with. Now I'm sure her abilities will rival those of Deadpool and Morrigan. Like I said, she's a shell of her former self.
                    Last edited by Vector; 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I know that. That wasn't the point of what I was saying. I was just simply stating my distaste for this new RE5 Jill and her super-human P30 abilities. RE1 Jill was effective in MvC2 with a moveset that included punches, kicks, rocket launchers and other weapons, as well as the 'summoning' of zombies, Cerberus, etc. She was just a normal woman but was effective to play with. Now I'm sure her abilities will rival those of Deadpool and Morrigan. Like I said, she's a shell of her former self.

If you think MvC2 Jill was realistic or a 'normal woman' then, well...just stop.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

^ Compared to the back-flipping, Spider-sense disaster that she was in RE5 and will be in MvC3? Yes, in MvC2 she was normal. What was her move-set? Punches, kicks, aid sprays, weapons(like Chris uses in MvC3) and T-Virus monsters. What's so abnormal about that?

Comment

True, I'd say the only thing totally unfathomable was the fireball dash. I thought it was clever the way they incorporated BOWs into her moveset.

I agree with you guys though, I hope alternate costumes are more than palette swaps this time (though judging from metallic silver Wesker I doubt it) so we can get ol' Beret wearing "I can't figure it out at all!" Jill. She was a mainstay of mine in 2.

Comment

Aw man. I love Jill so this is really appealing. I'm not sure if I want to buy the collector's edition though. If it's reallyl $70 then I will get it. If it's more then I will just wait for the DLC.

This game is still a long time away

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              While I am inclined to agree, let's remember what type of game this its. It's a fighting game....every character is going to have a ridiculous amount of attacks, skills, etc. The placer art shown earlier in the MvC3 thread of Jill was a hell of a lot better looking though, even if it was the classic art/taken from MvC2.
                              Oh, no, I have no issues with her have uber-extreme abilities in this game, since that's to be expected in the fighting genre. My original comment was just a matter of curiosity on whether her moves were going to be "special" compared to the rest of the characters. I just found the inclusion of the P-30 a bit odd.

However, my second comment, in response to CR29, was just my agreement on what I chose to bold in his original post, because it's a complete echo of my thoughts, as well.

Comment

It's clear from Chris and Wesker that the RE5 designs were to be expected if any other characters were to pop up as DLC or otherwise. Keeping with the recent more or less. Between STARS and RE3 casual in MvC2 I wasn't surprised they went with STARS in the long run even though Catherine Disher was doing Jill's voice at the time.

Now we have RE5 and it's down to BSAA or the battle suit. For a fighting game such as this with the Marvel line up as well as the rest of the Capcom group I can see why they chose battle suit. That was when Jill was at her peak fighting wise with all the crazy stunts they had her do when she was under Wesker's control. Chris is in BSAA but of course they're marketing on his muscle bound attacks and pairing him with the lies of the Hulk.

Wesker. Nuff said. Had Code Veronica worked with MvC2 more closely then Wesker would have been a great addition to that lineup even though Jill was great.

Buuuut we don't know if there will be additional outfits for all the characters. In that case Jill may possibly show up in her BSAA gear. We'll just wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                                X