No announcement yet.

Jill Valentine in Marvel vs Capcom 3 as DLC Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I can't wait to see some nice HD screens of like Jill -VS- Chris. Wicked!

Comment

I am sure Capcom have said that the Capcom side with not get alternate costumes, the Marvel side will, but only by way of different textures on existing models.

So no BSAA gear or STARS gear for Jill.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Can I have Source? That sounds too odd to be true considering that alternative costumes would be only for one set and then how easy it is for them do do ALT costume for their own IP characters, like how it was with SF4 (this would be even more easy to do considering it's their own framework engine) than only to add onto Marvel's own IP characters.
        Last edited by Zombie Fred; 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM.

Comment

The game has the capability to replace the entire texture set, so while the character model doesn't change, the outfit appears to.
          There is also a screenshot with four different Spider-man costumes: Ultimate Spidey, Symbiote Spidey, Iron Spidey, Spidey Beyond; however, all that's different is only a texture, not a model.

Of course, no one says that there won't be DLC with additional costumes ;), but the in-game alt. costumes will only be texture swaps.

Comment

I can see that happening to several Capcom IP characters then. Excellent stuff. Now let's see if Capcom are going to go crazy again like they did with SF4 for Alt costumes/colours. I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

I'm not sure how DLCharacters work, would she get her own story as well? If so, then she was probably given the P-30 + Jumpsuit to group her with the villains...probably said already, but with internet down...I could only skim =|
              Last edited by Kei_M; 11-18-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Are you serious?
                They're announcing a DLC Character for a game that is still a few months away from release rather then just putting her on the disc release?

Capcom's Marketing team officially turned awful

MILK THE COW! MOOOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                  Are you serious?
                  Capcom's Marketing team officially turned awful
                  just?

MILK THE COW! MOOOOOO!
                  Im pretty sure that is the idea

Comment

I think I'll wait a little for the "Super" Marvel vs. Capcom 3, with DLC characters included.

Comment

^ That's the Collector's Edition being mentioned here.

Comment

What I mean was the characters included on the disc.

Comment

They surely are on the disc, though, only locked for those that hasn't bought the DLC ;)

Comment

Most likely its a coupon with a code to downoad the extra characters its the most likely way to do it and the most cost effective . . . but I wouldn't bet money against a "Super" version a year or so down the line . . .
                            sigpic

Comment

This games focus is to make Wesker, Chris, and Jill front runners in a new series that Capcom hasn't screwed up yet...well not too much.

Stupid Capcom.

Comment

Wait... you REALLY think the game is focused on Chris, Jill and Wesker?

Comment

Working...
                                X