Dead Rising : Case West Coming December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Rising : Case West Coming December

Capcom have revealed that the Xbox 360 exclusive Dead Rising 2 add on "Case West" will be released in December. The scenario will continue from the ending of Dead Rising 2 and will star both Chuck Greene and returning favorite Frank West. If played in co-op the second player will control Frank, but in single player only Chuck is playable with Frank being controlled by an AI.

No price has been announced so far but it wouldn't be a bad idea to assume the price is going to be similar to Case Zero released before Dead Rising 2.

Dead Rising : Case West Coming in December, thanks to aris13

*** Update ***

The first game play footage from Cast West has also been released, watch the video here. Thanks to Wizard for the youtube mirror.

*** End Update ***
    Last edited by A-J; 11-30-2010, 01:42 PM.

Having to rescue ppl is back! Oh boy!

Anywhoo... So much for Capcom going multiplatform... for real.

Money talks.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Nice =] A much more narrow release date window.

The thing I'm wondering is, Will this "Add-On" be completely separate from Dead Rising 2 (Like Case Zero, meaning you don't need DR2 on Xbox360 to play it)

I own Dead Rising 2 on PC, and I have Case Zero on Xbox360
      I can't afford to buy Dead Rising 2 on XBox360 just for Case West, but if it's completely separate from the game, then I'll buy it the second it hits the XBL Market

If anyone knows any details about this, please let me know =]

Edit:
      I found this Gameplay Video of Cast West on Gamespot, just posted today!

I uploaded it on YouTube as well

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Last edited by wizard; 11-30-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

SEXY. Just in time for me to finish Dead Rising 2!
        I hope Capcom do something like Case: Zero & DR2 where you follow up your stats, maybe with the first Dead Rising? ;)
        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 11-30-2010, 06:39 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I believe that this add on REQUIRES Dead Rising 2 to play.
          BTW why is Frank wearing the same thing he was five years ago? Talk about lazy to make a new outfit for him

Comment

Comment

^wow, Franks character model is quite improved and looks good. I don't like the default outfit but the character himself looks much more detailed than Chuck or any other DR2 NPC. He looks aged which makes sense considering its five years after DR1. yay

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                ^wow, Franks character model is quite improved and looks good. I don't like the default outfit but the character himself looks much more detailed than Chuck or any other DR2 NPC. He looks aged which makes sense considering its five years after DR1. yay
                Isabella's necklace is a nice touch in Frank's design. After watching the screenshots I wonder how DR1's camera system will fit now... Maybe Frank will have the ability to take photos for "puzzles" while Chuck is the handyman that makes / fixes things?

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

This is seriously the ONLY time I've wished to have an XBOX...Capcom is seriously starting to piss me off with all this "XBOX Exclusive! LOLZ! RAWR!" crap. What is the big deal about making this universally available for PS3 users and those who have the PC version of Dead Rising 2.

I am really hoping for a "Game of the Year" Edition with both this and Case Zero in it for PS3 users.

I just refuse to buy an XBOX...Sorry Capcom. Yes, I am angry, but no, I am not buying an XBOX. I will just have to watch the YouTube videos of those who have played it to get story tidbits and whatnot.

|AA|
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                    This is seriously the ONLY time I've wished to have an XBOX...Capcom is seriously starting to piss me off with all this "XBOX Exclusive! LOLZ! RAWR!" crap. What is the big deal about making this universally available for PS3 users and those who have the PC version of Dead Rising 2.

I am really hoping for a "Game of the Year" Edition with both this and Case Zero in it for PS3 users.

I just refuse to buy an XBOX...Sorry Capcom. Yes, I am angry, but no, I am not buying an XBOX. I will just have to watch the YouTube videos of those who have played it to get story tidbits and whatnot.

|AA|
                    I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to it.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post

|AA|
                      Well it's business decisions, it's like Batman Arkham Asylum, it was such a downer to not be able to play as the Joker (don't have a PS3 yet), L4Ds FREE DLCs costing MSP or Move controls for RE5, it's just money and deals done by developers and console makers. You wanna play, you gotta pay and get the console, it's sad but true.

Comment

I am just hoping they have kept the original VA for Frank West. It does seem like it by the voice I heard in the gameplay trailer. However, you can never be sure until you play the game for yourself. Crossing fingers here. Also love the little easteregg with Isabella's necklas. Can't wait.

Comment

A few years back there was a rumor about MS buying Capcom. This was when said company had some financial troubles during the early 2K's.

It didn't work out that way. However, exclusivity deals are just as good.

And the new Frank West character model seems like something out of a 70's mafiosi movie.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Here is a random screenshot that I found

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              A few years back there was a rumor about MS buying Capcom. This was when said company had some financial troubles during the early 2K's.

It didn't work out that way. However, exclusivity deals are just as good.

And the new Frank West character model seems like something out of a 70's mafiosi movie.
                              That would have turned ugly I bet.

Comment

Working...
                              X