Revelations and Mercs 3D Famitsu Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revelations and Mercs 3D Famitsu Updates

This week's issue of Famitsu Magazine comes with fresh updates for both the forthcoming Resident Evil 3DS titles. On Revelations, there's an interview with Katawa where he talks about bringing back the fear and suspense elements of the franchise. The article also talks about the premise of the title and features some images of alternate costumes for both Chris and Jill. Images and excerpts at the links below.

On Mercs 3D the issue reveals Claire Redfield and Krauser as playable characters, Claire in her Code Veronica outfit and Krauser in his usual military attire. Both games still have no confirmed release date and Famitsu states Revelations as being 20% complete so far and Revelations being 70% complete.

Revelations Interview Translation @ Andriasang
    Mercenaries 3D Interview Translation @ 1UP
    Revelations and Mercs 3D Famitsu Scans courtesy of Biohaze.
    Thanks to LeigiBoy for the heads up.
    Last edited by A-J; 12-08-2010, 09:50 AM.

More interested in Revelations than Merceneries; and seems we'll have to wait a little longer for RE:R than RE:M.

RE:R's setting looks amazing, but the alt costumes look lame. But looking forward to the rain part of the game.

Btw, small error in your post, you listed Revelations for both the 20 and 70 percentages.

(Revelations) 20%
    (Merceneries) 70%

EDIT: Sweet. Both allow FPS and move-while-shooting. I think Mercs will be Mercs better like this.

But of course, all this loses much hype and support just for the fact that they are handheld and not for the consoles. A rather stupid decision by Capcom IMO.
    Last edited by ElusionM; 12-08-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Revelations is looking amazing, I'm more hyped for it then I was for RE5 due to the setting, horror and just about everything else, if I can afford a 3DS is another issue, but who cares if it's on a handheld? I myself would rather it being on the consoles but at least the 3DS is powerfull enough to give th game the great visuals it needs.

Comment

Fingers crossed Reveation will be the keystone for Resident Evil to return to it old ways when Resident Evil was Resident Evil and not some game that used it name to lure us in for Capcom's sales sake.

As for The Mercenaries well one thing that's getting to me
        Characters can be fully customized in this game, and they gain abilities over time like in a traditional RPG.
        why

Comment

Liking the new Jill costume.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Honestly....I'm more excited for Mercs than I am Revelations, so the opposite of Elusion. I have little faith in the storyline of the series at this point in time...but if Revelations can somehow change that it will certainly be refreshing. That, and I also always wanted just a mindless Mercs game encompassing a majority of the series' characters. I just wish it was on PS3 or 360 since I already own those systems. 2011 and the 3DS are just around the corner though.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

did anyone forget we'll have to first grab a 3ds to play these?

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                did anyone forget we'll have to first grab a 3ds to play these?

...and?
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                  Honestly....I'm more excited for Mercs than I am Revelations, so the opposite of Elusion. I have little faith in the storyline of the series at this point in time...but if Revelations can somehow change that it will certainly be refreshing. That, and I also always wanted just a mindless Mercs game encompassing a majority of the series' characters. I just wish it was on PS3 or 360 since I already own those systems. 2011 and the 3DS are just around the corner though.
                  Agree but I like the idea of having a few rounds of Mercs quickly, anywhere where you are. If Revelations turns out to be a great Resident Evil experiance then it can turn to be a pleasant surprise either way.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                    ...and?
                    ...and it's $250 at launch. I'm not spending that much on a handheld, especially one with a bullshit '3D' gimmick.

Comment

What is Jill wearing?

Judging from what they said about the story, it sounds like this won't be as "revelatory" as the title suggests. Setting it between RE4 and RE5 kind of takes away any possible impact the tension between Chris and Jill might have had, as well.

But honestly, I'm feeling pretty meh about both of these titles at this point.
                      Last edited by Archelon; 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        What is Jill wearing?

Seems to be another skin-tight bodysuit for fanboys to whack off to and hentai artists to get inspired by.

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        Judging from what they said about the story, it sounds like this won't be as "revelatory" as the title suggests.

But honestly, I'm feeling pretty meh about both of these titles at this point.
                        That's how I feel about the entire series at this point.
                        Last edited by Vector; 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Are those alternate costumes, or were the models used in the initial trailer just placeholders? It seems kind of strange to reveal alternate costumes when the game is only 20% complete.

Maybe Chris and Jill change their clothes at some point in the game.

Comment

Wow, both games look fantastic!
                            Those graphics on HANDHELD? That is badass XD

PS: Does anyone know if Sheva is going to be in Merc 3ds? D:

Comment

I'm starting to get a little worried the characters in the Mercenaries game are going to be limited to that promo picture that was released. If I recall, there was an article that stated there would be unlockable characters (I could be wrong), but I wonder if that'll only be a few? I'm still really, really hoping for more obscure characters like Steve and Luis and Billy.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post

Seems to be another skin-tight bodysuit for fanboys to whack off to and hentai artists to get inspired by.
                              I pity all the fools who waste their time fantasying about that. Honestly, that Jill render, in addition to that costume, are not even remotely attractive... Barf.

Comment

Working...
                              X