Revelations and Mercs 3D Direct-Feed Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get the random look changes.

I mean, sure it was excusable back in the 90's/early 2000's when graphic details were taking huge leaps and such. But by REmake characters look the most "life like" to the point where their face gets more recognizable.

I mean they even stuck with the REmake Jill model for a couple of games. RE5 did a good job of making her still resemble that. Does Julia Voth no longer let Capcom use her likeness or something?

If they didn't specifically announce that it was Jill, I doubt most fans would've recognized her. And something about her mouth just bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
      I don't think these are the alternate outfits. The ones we saw earlier were placeholders.
      that is what i was thinking

I was on Resident Evil 3 that year

What I was trying to get with was with Jill she shemes to becomeing more of a Sex object lately yes in RE3 she sexy in that shot skit with high boots and a bule vest. But in RE5 when Jill is wearing her Battle suit she look more like Samus in the spiting image a bule skin tight latex oufit and blonde long hair tied back.

And in Revelations she's more or less taken on Lara know with the diving suit. I gess what im trying to say is Capcom sheme more fouces takeing ideas from other female charaters from other games and placeing them on to Jill.
      In RE3 on the other hand she had a cutscene focused on her boobs. They always have tried to sex her up but they couldnt do it for the graphics limitations
      Last edited by ValentineLover; 12-09-2010, 07:09 AM.

Comment

@Xfactor, You should have used this image instead

She looks Beautiful <3 At least to me (and she actually Resambles REmake more than RE5 to me)

Official Pages open

REM http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhm3ds/index.html
        RER http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_series/b...velations.html

Claire's Face is alright here

Comment

...is it scary i think that the nintendo versions of the character models looks better than the XBox360 and PS3 models of chris and jill...also claire is as always looking awesome!

Comment

This just might make me purchase my first Nintendo hand-held ever. Would be the first Nintendo ever if i hadn`t gotten GC for Zero and Remake. Both of these games look sweet so far, nothing beats anticipation of a new RE game. Except 2 new RE games.
            Last edited by milanm; 12-09-2010, 07:50 AM.

Comment

I'm not seeing the issue with Jills face. How is it meant to have changed exactly? This is like the nose claims in RE5 when if you bother to properly compare to REmake and not use distorted moments only it isn't much different. People just inventing reasons to hate.

I'm talking in-game too, not renders, for some reason Jill often looks different in those compared to in-game.
              Last edited by Dracarys; 12-09-2010, 07:53 AM.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                I'm not seeing the issue with Jills face. How is it meant to have changed exactly? This is like the nose claims in RE5 when if you bother to properly compare to REmake and not use distorted moments only it isn't much different. People just inventing reasons to hate.

I'm talking in-game too, not renders, for some reason Jill often looks different in those compared to in-game.

Really? You cant see a difference?

Comment

You can't notice but see how her face (and the mouth) is in different proportion compared to the other two counter parts in this picture?

Poor performance, indeed.
                  Last edited by Zombie Fred; 12-09-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                    http://i51.tinypic.com/2f0gcug.jpg

Really? You cant see a difference?
                    not renders

Look at difference in lips from this from the game to the promo render, her lips really thick in the render. If you cover the render mouth though the rest of her face isn't so off.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

The text from the Revelations's site made me think that Jill starts the game alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
                        The text from the Revelations's site made me think that Jill starts the game alone...
                        We don't even have an in-game screenshot for Chris yet ...

Maybe It's gonna be like Code veronica?

I agree with KylieDog, I don't see anything wrong with her face, except for the Render, but that's the same with Claire's render too
                        The renders are bad XD
                        Last edited by Zero38; 12-09-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                          Look at difference in lips from this from the game to the promo render, her lips really thick in the render.
                          Unlike character promo shots from Mercenaries, those promo shots from Revelations features in-game models only rendered in much higher resolution. You can tell by low-res textures and some low-poly objects here and there (it's especially visible when you look at the full image: link). So no, that render is the same Jill you will see in the game.

And yes, she does look different than her REmake/UC/RE5 self. Her lips are much thicker and her face lacks details thus making her look like a Barbie doll. She doesn't even have her famous sunken eyes.

I hope they will improve her face; after all, according to that Famitsu article, the game is only about 20% finished.
                          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 12-09-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

The models in the renders from Revelations does look like they are of in-game models. They are pretty poly-starved if you view them in high res version as mentioned.

I wouldn't be surprise if you tell me that they are made from the ground up, especially the one for Krauser. He looks totally different from the RE4 render. I believe the model was create from scratch but the textures were reused.

Comment

Jill's ugly-ass bodysuit is just a fucking recolor of her battlesuit. It looks like a bad fanmade mod. Jesus Christ.

Claire looks delicious in the in-game screencaps. Her render? Not so much.

Comment

Is it just me or does Claire look like Jill?

Comment

Working...
                                X