No announcement yet.

Revelations and Mercs 3D Direct-Feed Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good god the model optimization looks awful and so do the general in-game texture sets, sure you can lower the poly count by have enlarged ones but they could still have a higher count around the face (such as what was done with the port of Soul Calibur 4 to the PSP) to keep the facial details in-check.

Claire's face looks awful and Jill looks awful too. I mean, the 5 models and the Darkside models are a lot lower in terms of quality to ones such as the REmake in terms of poly count. (Darkside was higher or about on-par with 5, only 5 has the uncompressed larger texture sets if I recall correctly, I'm too lazy to go and check the models I've ripped), but they should have still been able to keep the same facial geometry as in DSC as now Claire looks far too manish to me in that render and it looks like some of the facial animations have been completely ripped off the set for Enemy Battlesuit Jill as it just looks really, really off to me.

I mean, people complained the DSC one looked too much like Chris but good god... That's got to be worse than a lot of the amateur recreations I've seen of Claire. I would have expected them to do something better considering they've got all of the toolsets and the skills to do so but... That's such a bad change considering what they could have done.

I wasn't expecting much out of it, but considering we know they're able to optimize things and considering how they're all boasting about the 3DS capabilities then it'd sure as hell be handle such optimization whilst retaining the ported and re-rigged models in it's engine.

More or less, I didn't think it would be possible for Crapcom to sink even lower than my already low expectations on this....

So, overall the models and the like all look god-awful to me.
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 12-09-2010, 10:12 PM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I know this website has some issue with Jill haters swarming and congealing here but claiming the render and in game shot are the same is just being silly. Haters gonna hate though I guess.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I have no hate for Jill I've allways loved Jill but it feels like Jill is loseing her image know when I look at her in RE5 and Revelations she looks nothing like Jill from RE1 and 3 she looks like another person from another game it's like Capcom are trying to base her more off other strong female charaters from other games like Samus, Lara or any other games but Jill was great back in RE1 and 3 she was a strong female lead there no need for Capcom to think they need to base off other charaters.
        Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-10-2010, 04:31 AM.

Comment

What basing off other characters? People are taking random details and looking for anyone who shares a trait and calling it copying. Does no one see how flawed that is? Can do that with any character of any game and compare it to another character in any game.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post

Claire's face in the new render isn't that bad, but I still think she looked the best (and the most realistic) in Darkside Chronicles. She looks too fake in Degeneration for my tastes.
            Pretty much what I said before! I love her in Darkside.

I think I love Claire and Jill kinda equal now. Claire is so strong willed and fearless. Just like Jill to but yeah

Comment

Well, Julia Voth lips arent what you would call thin
              Last edited by ValentineLover; 12-10-2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
                Goddamn she is hot. Why change Jill from the Voth? I like Jill she is a good character, she is not in your face a bad ass girl which is what I like about her. She seems tough but she also seems like a sweetheart. Also she has some great lines throughout the series. Some of the most epic lines in the RE series that will always stick with me. However Im not really sure I like where they are going with her. She is becoming this sex symbol and she's gone from this tough cool goodgirl to all about the T&A. She was very sexy in her Re1 outfit there is no need for these skin tight ridicolus latex outfits. Also the vagina glitch in Re5? Says it all. She is just there to be eye candy now. Which is a shame really cause she was such a cool character before.

Comment

Hell yeah that RE1 Beret rocked.

Comment

You mean to tell me...I can have my own real life Jill?

OOOOOOOOH YESS

Comment

Except the Jill render no longer looks like Julia Voth.

There's 'having big lips', and then there's 'having failed cosmetic surgery'

I will concede that her in-game model looks better than the render. My issue is that she looks nothing like her old model.

Comment

Am I the only one who's constantly picking up on the reoccurring pattern that's going on in the game threads these days? I mean, the majority of "game" talk for the past few game title releases/announcements have almost solely been about character looks (for previously established chars) and nothing else. Sure... we've got limited media to go on, but... geeze.

I find it mildly disturbing, so I guess you could render me unenthusiastic on the subject or something.

Comment

That image of Julia Voth is not flattering. Yuck. She's really a model?

Inezh was waaaayyyy hotter. And the pixelated Jill from RE1 on the PS1 for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post

Inezh was waaaayyyy hotter. And the pixelated Jill from RE1 on thue PS1 for that matter.
                            Maybe she's a holdover from that "heroin chic" fashion/modeling era. It'd lend credence to all of the "Jill looks like a junkie" post RE5 talk.

But now that you mention it, no way man! The Saturn Jill was much hotter than the PS1 Jill!

*derives great comfort from disturbing Carnivol*

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                              I have to agree. They should model Jill after that 13 chick from the show House. I always thought she was kinda Jill-like.
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Cant say I agree with ya on that Det, Beauregard. I'll stick with Voth.

Comment

Working...
                                X