Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

The next game in the series, entitled Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, hits stores late next year. EW recently visited the Santa Monica, California offices of Uncharted’s developer, Naughty Dog, for a sneak peek at the sequel. The story focuses on the hero’s relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor “Sully” Sullivan, and has him searching for a legendary lost city that will ultimately take him to the Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub’ al Khali Desert, also known as the Empty Quarter.

Teaser Trailer

Last edited by aris13; 12-09-2010, 11:46 AM.
    sigpic

Day one. Naughty Dog's got my cash ready for this game. Looks like 2011 has an excellent line up of games for the PS3; I see my wallet having a burnt mark by the end of that year =(

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
      Day one. Naughty Dog's got my cash ready for this game. Looks like 2011 has an excellent line up of games for the PS3; I see my wallet having a burnt mark by the end of that year =(
      Yeah no shit. Bunch of good PS3 exclusives coming out in 2011. Makes me happy. Gives me something to look forward to.

Comment

Crappy name but day 1 buy. I like Sully too so all good.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Among Thieves is gonna be extremely tough to follow up on because that game was nearly perfect, but I have nothing but faith in Naughty Dog. If any developer out there knows how to max out the PS3's tech, it's them. You know you can expect awesome third-person gameplay, BEAUTIFUL environments and some of the best voice-acting performances in the business.

Uncharted is definitely my favorite of the 'current-gen' new IP's and I get tingly feelings in my pants when I think about Drake and Sully back in action again. Elena will be involved again of course, and you'd have to think that Chloe will be back also. Can't wait to see what kind of crazy shit Drake gets himself involved in this time.

As for the PS3, 2011's exclusive lineup is absolutely unreal. Uncharted 3 adds to an already stellar AAA collection.
          - Uncharted 3
          - LittleBigPlanet 2
          - Killzone 3
          - Resistance 3
          - The Last Guardian
          - inFamous 2
          - Twisted Metal
          - SOCOM 4
          - ICO/Shadow of The Colossus Collection
          - Motorstorm Apocalypse
          - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
          - New Ape Escape
          - Sorcery (PS Move)
          - AGENT (probably not)
          - Maybe one of the biggest titles but 2011 is a long-shot...Final Fantasy Versus XIII
          Last edited by Vector; 12-09-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

awesome Uncharted 3 cover is awesome
            Image 1
            Image 2
            Image 3
            Last edited by Zombie Fred; 12-09-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Yes. My god yes. I cannot wait til Dec. 11. And those images are lovely.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

don't like the subtitle, but i do like desert areas. although i was disappointed with the 2nd one, i think i'ma wait on it, unless they announce a collector's edition or a worthwhile physical bonus item, not some dlc.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Couldn't care less about the subtitle. Among Thieves was 'stupid' too, and look how that game turned out.

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                  although i was disappointed with the 2nd one.
                  LOLWUT. This is literally the first instance I've ever seen of someone being 'disappointed' by Uncharted 2, which was an improvement on Drake's Fortune in pretty much every single way imaginable. What exactly were you disappointed by? I'm interested to hear this.

Comment

^ If I recall, he would never really elaborate when first asked that a few months after UC2's release...

As for this... Oh. My. God. I will kill someone to get this game. Murder.

Comment

Press Release

London, 9th December 2010: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is pleased to unveil the latest instalment in the multimillion-selling action adventure franchise, UNCHARTED. Developed exclusively for PlayStation®3 [PS3TM] by the team at Naughty Dog Inc., UNCHARTED 3: Drake's DeceptionTM blurs the entertainment boundaries, delivering the cinematic scale, adrenalin rushes, thrills and mystery that are the UNCHARTED trademark; together with its unique and enhanced multiplayer experience.

Fans of the franchise and newcomers alike will relish the opportunity to catapult themselves headlong into a real adventure, in a search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands." The journey propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert, a journey that pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake's quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.

Key Features:

* Bigger set pieces and more explosive adventure, driven by Naughty Dog's signature storytelling and cinematic presentation.
                      * Competitive and co-op multiplayer return with brand new experiences and massively expanded feature sets. The UNCHARTED universe provides online players with a unique Action Adventure multiplayer experience, bringing the cinematic elements of the single-player campaign into multiplayer.
                      * Nathan Drake can now take on opponents in more ways than before: hand-to-hand combat with multiple opponents, contextual melee attacks, and new stealth options. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception also features expanded and diverse traversal moves with deep gunplay.
                      * Naughty Dog introduces new physics, visuals, and environmental effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception features new innovations in sand, fire, smoke, and water dynamics and effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be playable in Stereoscopic 3D.

With its award-winning storytelling, blockbuster cinematic action sequences, immersive high resolution 3D and stunning environmental detail and effects, UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception is the chance to lose yourself in the world of Nathan Drake - and to experience the true power of PlayStation 3.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        Couldn't care less about the subtitle. Among Thieves was 'stupid' too, and look how that game turned out.

LOLWUT. This is literally the first instance I've ever seen of someone being 'disappointed' by Uncharted 2, which was an improvement on Drake's Fortune in pretty much every single way imaginable. What exactly were you disappointed by? I'm interested to hear this.
                        well good luck getting me to say it again for the millionth time. may not have been on here, but its been else where.
                        Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

A lot of desert in this game. . .sounds like Naughty Dog is taking more than a page from Jak 3 here--not that that's a bad thing. Certainly excited. . .at least for the single player. Multiplayer will be shit unless they're changing it from they're patched lower-health bullshit in Among Theives, but I seriously doubt it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Anyone else immediately think Rick O'Connell when they saw Nate's new outfit?

Comment

I got goosebumps just from teaser.

Comment

Working...
                              X