Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 798

Thread: Mass Effect 3

  1. #641
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Dracarys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMemories View Post
    Video runthrough. Prove it.

    Otherwise, you've got nothing.
    Please, do so first. Because you would not dare demand proof without providing some first right?

    ...and seriously, a video run through? Please think about what you're asking for here. I think after TIM base is when you can check last, or does it roll straight onto Earth, I cannot remember? But you pretty much want a video that starts with me checking the war assets and then playing through the entire final mission which can take about 2 1/2 hours (about 40 minutes from when the beam hits onwards alone). I would also have to wait about a week to even set this up while my galactic readiness creeps down from the recent multiplayer playing, this would also mean I as well as my boyfriend cannot play it for a week. Plus the entire idea totally open to video editing abuse, I could have 0 war assets and just swap the final video for whatever ending I wanted if I so chose to. Even if I didn't it would be claimed so, I am well aware of the internet ability to moves goalposts.

    So given the several huge flaws in this plan perhaps you would like to suggest something better, after you do it?

    One of the devs on Bioware forums said TIM shooting himself rewards 1000 war assets, other decisions made through the series also matter though don't necessarily direct add or subtract, but adjust requirements, Collector base for example. Maybe they made it easier on PS3 since no ME1 and PS3 seems to be the version everyone ignoring.
    Last edited by Dracarys; 04-10-2012 at 01:42 AM.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

  2. #642
    #28 Super Tyrant DarkMemories's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    Please, do so first. Because you would not dare demand proof without providing some first right?

    ...and seriously, a video run through? Please think about what you're asking for here. I think after TIM base is when you can check last, or does it roll straight onto Earth, I cannot remember? But you pretty much want a video that starts with me checking the war assets and then playing through the entire final mission which can take about 2 1/2 hours (about 40 minutes from when the beam hits onwards alone). I would also have to wait about a week to even set this up while my galactic readiness creeps down from the recent multiplayer playing, this would also mean I as well as my boyfriend cannot play it for a week. Plus the entire idea totally open to video editing abuse, I could have 0 war assets and just swap the final video for whatever ending I wanted if I so chose to. Even if I didn't it would be claimed so, I am well aware of the internet ability to moves goalposts.

    So given the several huge flaws in this plan perhaps you would like to suggest something better, after you do it?

    One of the devs on Bioware forums said TIM shooting himself rewards 1000 war assets, other decisions made through the series also matter though don't necessarily direct add or subtract, but adjust requirements, Collector base for example. Maybe they made it easier on PS3 since no ME1 and PS3 seems to be the version everyone ignoring.
    I provided text that layed out exactly how each ending is acquired. You believe that it is possible to get the "breath scene" with less than 4000 war assets. The burden of proof is yours. But I know you can't do it, won't do it, because it doesn't happen. There's a reason the sticky about "no multiplayer required" was taken down on BSN.

    But whatever, I've got better games to look forward to.

  3. #643
    The Emissary
    Mr. Spencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,576

    Default

    FINE, THEN SHOW PROOF...YOU CAN'T DO IT, CAN YOU? THEY WON'T LET YOU DO IT!
    See you in hell.

  4. #644
    Optic Camouflage
    Vector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,267

    Default

    Server error causing a delay on the free DLC planned for today:
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/11250707


    EDIT: It's available now. Downloading.
    Last edited by Vector; 04-10-2012 at 01:17 PM.

  5. #645
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Dracarys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMemories View Post
    I provided text that layed out exactly how each ending is acquired. You believe that it is possible to get the "breath scene" with less than 4000 war assets. The burden of proof is yours. But I know you can't do it, won't do it, because it doesn't happen.
    This is another post you've made after your claim the discussion has ended. What are you discussing now? I already pointed out a bioware dev claiming TIM shooting himself rewards 1000, you've ignored this and only talked about shooting him instead, something the dev didn't specifically state. Are you ignoring this because you're worried you made an error in claims since it will push the asset count up to the requirements for breathing? You've also ignored the fact that decisions from the trilogy affect requirements as stated by Bioware, only acknowledging the collector base since you clearly just copy and pasted it without trying anything out for yourself, you really should prove something to yourself before demanding it of others, incase you turn out to be wrong.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

  6. #646
    #28 Super Tyrant DarkMemories's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    This is another post you've made after your claim the discussion has ended. What are you discussing now? I already pointed out a bioware dev claiming TIM shooting himself rewards 1000, you've ignored this and only talked about shooting him instead, something the dev didn't specifically state. Are you ignoring this because you're worried you made an error in claims since it will push the asset count up to the requirements for breathing? You've also ignored the fact that decisions from the trilogy affect requirements as stated by Bioware, only acknowledging the collector base since you clearly just copy and pasted it without trying anything out for yourself, you really should prove something to yourself before demanding it of others, incase you turn out to be wrong.
    I said end of discussion because I didn't think someone would be asinine enough to actually continue thinking the scene was possible in single player. Apparently, you are true to the troll label I can continue to hear people give you.

    But I'll humor you: link to the Bioware post?

  7. #647
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Dracarys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    So now you resort to name calling. I'll take that as a win because it is the ammo of someone who cannot argue with a strong point. I mean you entire counter argument is copy and pasting something someone else typed and repeating 'prove it' without doing so first yourself. I bet you still have not tested anything actually for yourself, just using other peoples claims as fact without a shred of checking. Weak argument to put it lightly.

    As per your request, because I totally care about this and love to spend time checking Bioware forums where threads are getting buried in minutes.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

  8. #648
    #28 Super Tyrant DarkMemories's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Apparently you don't, because your "humorous" link didn't send me anywhere near the Bioware dev's post. As for name calling; I didn't call you anything. I simply said that you were living up to a label created by others.

    But if you need more of my proof:

    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/10119654/1

    That's a list of every war asset in the game and how to obtain them.

  9. #649
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Dracarys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    It is like you cannot read, or chose to ignore things that squash your point. That doesn't make your argument stronger. The number crunchers for war assets are doing the math to prove it is not possible for -all- decisions, but select decisions do adjust requirements.

    ...and really, YOU didn't call me anything? What are you in a school playground blaming the other kid? Maybe that weak defence would work there, please try harder and pretend there is some intelligence at work.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

  10. #650
    #28 Super Tyrant DarkMemories's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    703

    Default

    I am sick of this fucking conversation.

    At this point, you're aren't even trying. I've asked you to provide proper, compelling evidence that 8000 war assets is possible in single-player, and yet you do not and continue to insist that people who've actually looked into the matter are wrong and that a Bioware dev, whose post is mysteriously absent, has somehow proven otherwise. Take a step back, and realize how ridiculous you sound.

    As for the "name-calling": OF COURSE I WAS BEING CHEEKY. For fuck's sake, you've become a broken record with post after post on how it is possible to achieve the "best" ending in single player when you've yet to demonstrate how. You allude to things here and there, but never actually give solid evidence.

  11. #651
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Dracarys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMemories View Post
    I am sick of this fucking conversation.
    YOu could stop replying and asking for it to continue.

    At this point, you're aren't even trying.
    I don't really need to with the argument you've fronted.

    I've asked you to provide proper, compelling evidence that 8000 war assets is possible in single-player, and yet you do not and continue to insist that people who've actually looked into the matter are wrong and that a Bioware dev, whose post is mysteriously absent, has somehow proven otherwise.
    Hey look, there is the moving of goalposts I mentioned a few posts go, I said it would happen and now it has. This is why I do not waste more than a minute per reply or bother to dig out quotes, because this always happens.

    No, you never demanded I prove you can get 8000 war assets. My claim was the breath scene was not just dependant on war assets and that I managed with less than 4000, you did try insist you need 4000 war assets to do this but I pointed out a dev said TIM shooting himself will push the number high enough and based on certain decisions and other factors the requirement is different.

    Proving you can never get 8000 is not something I ever disputed, the game has been data mined for war assets, we know the totals, the data mining does not reveal what influences requirements though, only a few random dev posts have said this.

    You are welcome to your beliefs but I have grown tired of this argument since it isn't even about the original claim anymore, as I said it soon would not be.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

  12. #652
    THIA Staff

    Carnivol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Confirmed
    Posts
    4,770

    Default

    I'm not reading now, but I'm keeping my eyes on this thread now ... people know what happens when I keep an eye on things...

  13. #653
    The Zombie Genocider Beanovsky Durst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    I don't see the point of that discussion. The endings (and breathing scene) are shit anyway

    "I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

  14. #654
    #28 Super Tyrant DarkMemories's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    703

    Default

    I don't know what the point of the conversation was either and I apologize for helping to drag it out.

    Let's go back to LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE!

    What was running through your mind when the ending started?

  15. #655
    The Emissary
    Mr. Spencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,576

    Default

    http://www.examiner.com/video-game-i...system-freezes

    This happened to me. Game has become unplayable as a result. Only way I can play is by pulling out the network cable and playing the entire game offline, not even having the console connected to the internet.
    See you in hell.

  16. #656
    #28 Super Tyrant DarkMemories's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Is this because of the new patch?

    EDIT: Because I'd heard about it not actually fixing face imports, but not about the freezing issues.
    Last edited by DarkMemories; 04-11-2012 at 07:18 PM.

  17. #657
    The Emissary
    Mr. Spencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,576

    Default

    I believe so.
    See you in hell.

  18. #658
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,869

    Default

    Bar the Glitch where my Drell Vanguard ascended into Space (which was fucking hilarious) I'm fine. I also never got around to downloading the N7 Warfare Pack.

  19. #659
    Optic Camouflage
    Vector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,267

    Default

    Dammit. I'm afraid to play the game now. I didn't have any issues last night, other than being disconnected on Wave 8. *shakes fist*

  20. #660
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,869

    Default

    My only issue is Spencer getting all the good shit. And my glorious ascension, looking down at the map from 300 feet up...and still getting shot by Geth. I couldn't even see them anymore.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •