No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I was thinking Xenogears. My bad.

Comment

• Which I still need to play, funnily enough.
      See you in hell.

Comment

• I've recently played through Mass Effect 1, and now I'm playing Mass Effect 2. I have to say the interactive comic the PS3 got to fill in the stuff from ME1 was complete crap.

The only choices you make are who if anyone you shag, who you decide to save out of Kaiden and Ashely, Wrexs fate, councils fate and who is Earths rep on the council. Oh and the Rachni queen fate. The other story mission with the plant thing gets nothing to affect ME2, there is no mention of the Geth at all either which is quite baffling.

I'm not sure what game I like better, ME1 the better RPG for sure but the combat was always over so fast and the mako sections sucked majorly. ME2 is really dumbed down in the RPG parts but the battles are actually involving, if a bit easy when you know what you're doing.

I'd like them to bring back the accuracy penalties of ME1 when firing, weapons mods from ME1, costume mods of ME2 and combat of ME2. And stats for everything, ME2 gives you no clue what weapons are better.

Oh, and some lesbian romance options because all the men in this series are boring or ugly arse aliens, gimme someone like Alistar in Dragon Age or gimme lesbian options. The blue thing does not count. Making Kelly a main character would work.
        Last edited by Dracarys; 06-26-2011, 02:14 AM.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Is your galaxy co-op body ready?

4 player co-op multiplayer

Join your friends in the all-out galactic war to take Earth back. The universe of Mass Effect expands with the addition of new co-op multiplayer missions, playable over Xbox Live, PSN and PC internet. Players can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad, and combine their weapons, powers and abilities to devastating effect as they fight together to liberate key territories from enemy control. Success in multi-player will have a direct impact on the outcome of the single player campaign, giving players an alternative method of achieving ultimate victory against the greatest threat mankind – and the entire galaxy – has ever faced.

Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War

As a bonus to the campaign, BioWare is introducing the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, a new way for players to manage and experience the galactic war from multiple fronts, including a new 4-player co-op mode. The key to saving the galaxy is the “Galactic Readiness” level, measured by Commander Shepard’s ability to apply
          every possible asset – people, weapons, resources, armies, fleets – in the final battle against the Reapers. Players can impact their game’s Galactic Readiness level in multiple ways via the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, including multiplayer. Other platforms and interfaces will be announced in the coming months. It is important to note that the system is entirely optional and just another way players can have control over your game experience – it is still possible to achieve the optimal, complete ending of the game in Mass Effect 3 through single-player alone.
          Further information here, via gaf

Sounds neat as an optional route for the campaign, and to those who want to try other things.

Comment

• I read the rumour last week. I was hoping 3 players could each pick one of the main characters and form a squad.

"Players can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad"

Sounds like "Generic nobodies" to me.
            Last edited by Dracarys; 10-11-2011, 05:18 AM.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Futher detailed info is now here

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer has been planned since the original Mass Effect.

- Mass Effect 3 represents the first time that Casey Hudson had felt comfortable implementing multiplayer into the series.

-The multiplayer experience boils down to a four player co-op survial style mode that lets you fight increasingly difficult waves of Cerberus foes.

- The enemies you’ll encounter can range from your most basic foot soldier to “assassin-like Phantoms and even the hulking metal titan-esque Atlas mechs”.

- Each “stage” allows you to go up against eleven waevvs that must be finished in order to complete that section. The mode reminds quite a few of Gears of War’s horde mode, allowing you to net experience points regardless if you finish the wave alive or not.

-The “Galaxy at War” mode gives you a reward system, character-progression suite, and a “stake in the larger battle that’s taking place in your single-player campaign.

- How you perform in the multiplayer missions has a result on your success in the main storyline as Shepard, but only if you want it to.

- Everything you do in the singleplayer campaign will earn you in-game currency called “War Assets”. War Assets allow you to purchase things such as allies, friendly fleets, or even a facility such as a radar station.

-Successfully completing various side-missions, larger plot points, and destroying your enemies will net you the War Assets needed to purchase the upgrades.

-“The more you play and build up your multiplayer characters to surive increasingly tough odds, the more power and influence your single-player Shepard will wield by the time the endgame comes based on the amount of War Assets earned.”

- If you’re one of those gamers that loves to complete every piece of a game, then you’re in luck. By doing enough in the singleplayer campaign, you will be able to earn enough War Assets, you won’t phave to participate in the “galactic war”.

- While you’re going through a variety of locations in singleplayer, you’ll see first-hand how the war has hit different colonies. Galaxy at War mode follows suit, allowing your individual character and team to take up arms to defend these various locations. Your squad is under the command of the Alliance Navy officer Admiral Hackett, making his return from each game. Fighting in each various area will and successfully defending it will “win for interstellar freedom”.

- As you complete each area or defend newly freed areas, your progress will be detailed on a color-coded map that you’ll be able to view while you’re in the game or a few other platforms. iOS devices, Facebook, and more will allow these to be viewable and have their own “unique hooks” into the Galaxy at War mode.

- In the build described in the magazine article, four character classes were mentioned: Soldier, Infiltrator, Engineer, and Sentinel. The final version of the game has been confirmed to have more classes than this to initially choose from, as well as unlockables.

- Each class that you select from will allow you to select from a variety of races. Ranging from the likes of a Krogan to a Drell, you’ll have a good bit of variety to choose from. Yes, a drell, the same race as Thane from Mass Effect 2 (we’re excited).

-As you can probably figure, each class will allow you to possess “specific abilities” as well as the ability to upgrade a few. Krogan soldiers were described as being able to use a charge attack to known down enemies, along with Soldiers being able to use the Omni-blade for a few rather lethal attacks. For those wondering, you’ll also be able to choose your gender when choosing any class.

- There’s a set level cap of 20.

- While you can stockpile characters, the experience you earn only records for that character’s specific class. Once you level up, you’ll be able to assign those earned points to different abilities.

-Before heading into action, you can select your weapon & biotic-powers from the available options.

- Armor and weaponry can be upgraded to your individual tastes.

- Points can and will be earned for assists, kills, and other similar actions during multiplayer.

- When an ally goes down, you’ll have a limited amount of time to revive them. The article mentioned “spamming the A button” while down to increase the amount of time before bleeding out.

- Along with killing your enemies, mission objectives will be sprinkled here and there. Retrieving data packets around the map and protecting an ally while they hack a series of terminals were a few of the described mission objectives.
              link

Comment

• I love the whole multiplayer i wasent planning on buying this game but now i want to 100%

Comment

• Ah, I'm not really interested in the whole ME3 Galaxy At War multiplayer thing. However I did recently managed to pre-order the Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 3 for the PS3.

Can't wait for the Official Fem-Shep Trailer to arrive.

Comment

• I'm glad that Zaeed is coming back.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• He has a godamn galaxy to save.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Let's just focus on being big goddamn heroes.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          I'm glad that Zaeed is coming back.
                          You and me both. Robin Sachs has done an excellent job in doing the voice of this character. Plus he has the most interesting lines of dialogue, apart from Legion that is.

Comment

• "Zaeed you're standing in the open, maybe you should find some cover?" - "Nah, I'm fine right here."
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• Sorry for double posting but I've been watching trailers and gameplay footage of Mass Effect 3, and a rather interesting theory has come to mind. First of all, allow me to place spoilers down for what we know so far:

Spoiler:

In other news, time for Amanda Shepard to take on the Arrival DLC and rescue Dr. Kenson from a batarian prison facility.
                              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 10-29-2011, 08:31 AM.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                Sorry for double posting but I've been watching trailers and gameplay footage of Mass Effect 3, and a rather interesting theory has come to mind. First of all, allow me to place spoilers down for what we know so far:

Spoiler:

In other news, time for Amanda Shepard to take on the Arrival DLC and rescue Dr. Kenson from a batarian prison facility.
                                Interesting theory...my only issue is;

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X