Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 10-29-2011, 10:04 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• That's the obvious gist of what I presume that is going on with ME3 and Cerberus; They are not indoctrinated, by far, the Illusive man has a made a deal with the Reapers so that he can save time and start his own plan on fucking the reapers up, with the resources and technology he has already received (even the latest comic issue that ties ME2 to ME3, the IM has started experiments on Omega with reaper tech, and don't forget the most recent novel and the one that is coming), and the Illusive man knows how capable Shepard is. He knows that Shepard can take what he throws at him/her. He plans on it. As long the reapers see that he's "helping them out", he can make them turn a blind eye to what he has in store. Afterall, there's hints in the planets when exploring on things that can fuck up the Reapers (one being the weapon on the destroyed reaper) through out the first two games. He's not stupid to think the Reapers will leave them alone after they are done with Earth and the other races.

If Bioware did the plot of Cerberus being indoctrinated then it would be utterly disappointing and call it the biggest cop out in story history.
      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 10-29-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• I mean, Casey Hudson seemed very specific. He said that Cerberus were working with the Reapers, but he never used the word 'indoctrinated'. I would be very pissed off if they were indoctrinated, it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I fear that ME3 will turn into another MGS4 if that happens.
        See you in hell.

Comment

• You know what time it is? Mass Effect epic time! (In the mood)

Spoiler:

Just a minor gallery of things. But I'm definitely getting these printed in HD quality and have these framed in my house when all done!

Comment

• In the US, a demo/beta has just shown up for this on the dashboard for those accepted into previewing the new 360 dash.

Comment

• I realize I'm bumping an old topic, but anyone else here pre-order the game?

I didn't expect myself to get excited... but I did. (I blame listening to the OSTs to the first two games for starting that off).

And what are the characters that everyone else is excited to probably see or even have as full and/or temp squadmates?

Hanging with Wrex again will be fun in my book.
              sigpic
              Non-blurry Signature Version
              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I'm hoping Ashley turns Bi. ME series has no interesting males to romance and if ME3 is just returning characters then time to swing the other way. I don't count the blue thing as a woman personally, more an 'it'. Not much a fan of Miranda so she can stay humping my renegade male shep, he digs the cheap tart look.
                Last edited by Dracarys; 01-11-2012, 02:45 AM.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Ah, I left Ashley on Virmire so even if she did end up becoming bi in 3 it wouldn't really make much of a difference to me.

I don't mind Liara, in my Shepard's case - she's just a friend that seems a bit confused and needing any sort of love to help cope with the events at Noveria and the like.

Though, as I said - she ended up just being a friend and it's fairly understandable as to why Annette has so very few friends, considering her actions at Torfan.

Which despite attempting to make up for her bloodlust, it's most likely going to come back to bite her in the ass during the trial after her history with the Batarians.

So she'll probably be screwed over a bit there, but that's not too much of a loss considering the Batarians are mostly useless in contrast to some of the other species.

As for the relationships, Annette did unexpectedly end up with Garrus and to me I just feel that they appreciate each other's company after going through essentially what could be considered two suicide missions and are getting ready for a third and had practically thought that one another were dead (considering Garrus dropped completely off the grid) among other things. Considering her past of growing up on Earth, being a biotic and refusing to show any talent to go to Jump Zero (unlike Kaidan had) she had more bloodlust back then.

But to try and make things right about the Mass Relay explosion, she's turned herself in for the trial as the entire event on Torfan had been triggered by the Skyllian Blitz which had been uncalled for in the first place.

Anyway, rambling. Smiley already heard me rambling about how and why I play the games as I do last night. XD

Also, who gave T.I.M. the base?

I sure as hell didn't, not after seeing what sort of shit Cerberus were doing in ME1, then further backed up in the novels, ME2...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mass Effect 1

Recruited Everyone
                    Released the Rachni Queen
                    Saved Wrex
                    Killed Ashley
                    Saved the Council
                    Chose Anderson as our Councillor

Mass Effect 2

Helped Liara with the Shadow Broker
                    Saved David from Overlord
                    Recruited everyone
                    Entered a relationship with Tali
                    Got the whole crew and team through the Suicide Mission with no losses,
                    Blew up the Collector Base
                    Completed Arrival

Comment

• Haha, nearly the same with mine DM. Except instead of Tali, Garrus.

I do have an alternative save when I let the council die, but still went with Anderson.

Also, anyone else get distraced by the "Trance Turian" during Thane's mission? Everything else was more interesting than doing the mission for the most part. XD
                      Last edited by Enetirnel; 01-12-2012, 05:29 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, my Shep is a Paragon of Paragons. And yes, I failed Thane's mission the first couple of times because of shiny pennies and the like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          Yeah, my Shep is a Paragon of Paragons. And yes, I failed Thane's mission the first couple of times because of shiny pennies and the like.
                          Ah, more of a Renegade but it's always the end game bit that makes her a Paragade.

And haha, glad I'm not the only one. I was more interested in listening to the argument going on and watching what was happening in the club.

Anyway. I just went through Mass Effect 2 and finished up any additional missions I hadn't done and got a little bit annoyed to the point I ended up making an Advice Garrus to explain it...

EVERY. SINGLE. SIDE MISSION END.

Just before the fadeout, I kept hearing Garrus going "THAT SHOULD DO IT!"... That and I revisited the crash site. Feels bad.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I roll a paragon femshep and renegade male shep, use default looks for the latter. Renegade romanced both Ash and Miranda...hoping this has some good influence on ME3 rather than some lame 'pick one of us' choice, Paragon shep just gets the urge to shoot things more.

My ME1/2 are on different systems though and the story thing in PS3 ME2 to decide ME1 events only lets you decide who you romance, who dies of Ash/Lenko, Wrex's fate, rachni queen fate, council fate and who goes on the council.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              Mass Effect 2
                              Entered a relationship with Tali
                              Everybody loves Tali. I don't know why Bioware added the option to romance her until ME2.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I don't think they were really expecting particular characters to end up being quite so popular.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X