No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lick a PSP and you, too, could be featured in a Bioware game!

Comment

• Hey DM, wasn't sure if you heard - but for a limited time the Mass Effect 3 demo is including a limited time gold pass. Probably like those slip (weekend?) ones you get free with games and so-on.
      sigpic
      Non-blurry Signature Version
      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I don't think this is worth its own thread and since people here likely played it for the ME3 rewards what did people think of Kingdoms of Alamur?

I liked it a lot. Kind of Dragon Age 2 meets Elder Scrolls meets Diablo. Storytelling, perspective and dialogue from Dragon Age II, seems to be openworld like Elder Scrolls with similar crafting/smithing item damage etc systems, and has a Diablo like leveling system with stacking on skills to make them stronger or instead going up in the skill tree.

Completely unoriginal in every way, but many good ideas combined well.
        Last edited by Dracarys; 02-02-2012, 05:29 AM.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I liked Alamur too, having finally got it. Not enough to buy it on release, but one I'll get eventually.

Thanks for the heads up Enetirnel, I'll find a use for it I'm sure.

Comment

• Well it seems that Mass Effect 3 is going to be probably going to be the biggest game sold in the first half of this year, given from what they said during their fiscal investment call (and also pre orders being insanely high, like Ausrallia it's just the second most game pre ordered there, beating the likes of Max Payne 3 and FF13-2.), and Old Republic is at 1.7 active subs with over 2 million units sold through (bought, not shipped). I think Bioware should be quite pleased with what they've done so far.

Comment

• Mass Effect III achievement list!

Mass Effect 3 has 68 Achievements. View the full Mass Effect 3 achievement list at XboxAchievements.com.

"Escape a Reaper in the galaxy map." Oh shit... Can't wait for this game!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Downloading demo now (got a code by e-mail less than 5 minutes ago)

Comment

• WHAT? How?

Comment

• You need work at Gamestop apparently and do some training nonsense.

Comment

• You're one lucky guy Carn... I hope you can post your impressions on the demo later!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pShKKOV_gA - Fem Shep trailer.

Probably minor spoilers, especially about a couple of returning characters that will be in the game. Nothing you likely haven't seen or guessed, but no yelling at me.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Sexy trailer. I can't wait for this game.

EPIC EDIT: I got the demo. This game's gonna blow your balls off.

The demo is pretty heavy in size: around 1.5gb - I'll post my impressions later when I finish playing it.

EDIT 2: Done.

I could only play the SP demo as I've been banned from XBL, but I think MP is not that important
                          The game has 3 "gameplay" modes: Action, which turns the experience into full shooter mode, decisions are made automatically, all dialog is transformed into cutscenes, ME goes Gears of War in a nutshell.
                          RPG is traditional Mass Effect.
                          And there's Story, which gives all dialog and RPG elements priority and makes combat easier.
                          The first part of the demo is pretty much a tutorial/intro.
                          Second part is a mission from a later point in the game. You'll see some familiar faces in there.
                          Combat is ME2's with improvements, Shep can dodge/roll (in the style of Gears), we have the omnitool dagger melee which is beast and grenades are back!
                          I don't want to spoil more, but man, this is going to be a blast to play...
                          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 02-11-2012, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• What do you mean makes combat easier in 'story' mode. I want full RPG and dialogue options but don't want the gameplay to turn into a walkover because of it.

As for that trailer, I think that Femshep model looks awful considering it is a Bioware created design and should be much better detailed, looks like something pulled out of character creation. Very gothy with that liptone and she appears to have some kind of crap over her face. http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1346/femshep3.png

Not much of a looker either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              What do you mean makes combat easier in 'story' mode. I want full RPG and dialogue options but don't want the gameplay to turn into a walkover because of it.
                              You can Play it on RPG. That mode keeps both combat and dialogue choices, RPG elements, the traditional ME experience.

Comment

• Basically, the Action/RPG/Story options are just presets for some of the settings in the options menu.

Action sets cutscene dialog choices to automatic (supposedly, the choices will be based on some pre-sets and paths decided by your chars background and/or paragon/renegade status) - This is actually kinda cool in motion, since it creates perfectly smooth cutscenes without interruptions.
                                Story sets combat options to easy, but enables full dialog tree - dunno if it has any under the hood changes to general game behavior beyond that.
                                RPG sets it to be Mass Effect as you already know it.

You can always toggle between these things in the options/settings menu if you for some reason find yourself unhappy with your choices or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X