No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paging anyone with MP access on 360...wanna play tongiht?

Comment

• Just tried getting online, didn't work. I don't think the MP goes live until the 17th, unless under special circumstances.

EDIT: Yep

The demo for 2012's most anticipated game is here! Experience two spectacular levels from the single-player campaign, along with intense four player co-op multiplayer matches. The multiplayer section of the Mass Effect 3 demo will feature an early access period running from February 14 to February 17.

Early multiplayer access has been granted to players who have activated their Battlefield 3 online pass. Visit this page and log in with your EA Origin account (this is the same as your BioWare Social account) to see if you currently have early access.
      Last edited by Vector; 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• MP is working for me. There certainly seems a lot to do, every class type levels on its own and it has all the class types of single player. I'm just not really sold on the gameplay in a MP atmosphere, reminds me of Lost Planet 2, is like a badly built TPS.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• ME3 Demo is available now on PSN.

Comment

• Not up on the European PSN when I checked.

Luckily, it fucking FINALLY downloaded on Origin (had to update Physx as well) but I just finished the demo up.

Annoyed with the FemShep hair selection. All long bobs or buns. That and the textures on some of them are absolutely nasty. Reminds me of some of the "high res" hair texture mods for RE4 that were over sharpened and over saturated. DX

Ended up trying to remake Annette, then ended up taking the ME2 code and made some changes. Still not happy with how she looks, may have to pull the texture file for the hairstyle (I'd love a shorter bob, as we've already got shoulder-length ones more or less) and force a new texture via Texmod or something DX.

Unless of course the ME3 character import options will correct this OR I'm just going to spend a few more hours when I get ME3 making tweaks until Annette looks correct to me.

Not really liking the sound effect change for the menu pieces and found that the examine trigger is doing that buggy thing where it flicks between active and inactive to actually be triggered properly. Never happened to me much in ME1, ME2 but I ended up having to mash the key a few times to make sure it finally triggered for me.

Are grenades limited to particular classes now or something? I couldn't be bothered to read the class details when starting the single player demo section (I play as a Vanguard as default, though I prefer pistols than shotguns and the like in these games - the good old biotic lift plus a pistol skill and/or ammo skill and shooting works for me, I don't really end up using the shotgun at all as I can stay away from the enemies unless I end up doing melee).

I like that the biotic melee does kill the Cerberus assault soldiers in more or less one hit.

Hope the retail game's settings include options for motion blur, makes me feel a little sick and proper texture options (which might solve my bitching about my Shepard looking wrong AGAIN).

[Edit]

Oh. And talking to squad members during battle, hopefully that's back instead of purely random dialogue as my mind goes back to this...

Last edited by Enetirnel; 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• played it on my ps3 i love it but they need to fix the framerate xbox got a framerate on 30 to 27 fps ps3. is on 21 to 20.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                Everybody loves Tali. I don't know why Bioware added the option to romance her until ME2.
                I never understood the love for Tali, yeah shes ok but i always found her just a bit boring.

Anyways the demo was a shit load of fun! this game is going to be a great experience, mainly story wise. I have to admit thought it seems more like an action game than an rpg now though, strangely this doesnt bother me too much, its like the best of both worlds.

Comment

• Tali always felt like a child or at east very young to me in ME1, probably the pilgrimage and 'right of passage' thing about becoming an adult.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• That's what I more or less got from Tali in ME1.

She more or less grows along with players that have gone from the first game throughout the series.

In a slightly better mood now that I've more or less remade my FemShep Annette in ME3 properly. And if Spencer thinks it taking over 45 minutes is long to get it all correct, then he or anyone else really won't want to know how long it took me to remake her from scratch in Mass Effect 2 due to the ME1 model import breaking her model's eyes.

Hair models do look kind of crap, may just be jagged edges from the dynamic shadows again so I'll have to fiddle with the settings sometime.

Spoiler:

I swear with the games, it's like the import option hates me.

Mass Effect 1 -> Mass Effect 2, Annette's eyes were all fucked up so I had to remake her from scratch.

Reusing the code from Mass Effect 2, to Mass Effect 3 as a temp import option with the demo led to her also ending up completely wrong AGAIN. So instead of spending, three to four hours trying my best to recreate her from scratch to match up with how I originally had her look in the first game when I get ME3, I thought I'd get that part done now.

I get really fucking picky when I can do custom characters in games.

So, everyone else - ME3 Shepard versions?
                    sigpic

Comment

• I'll get to work on that.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• Conrad Verner is going to save the galaxy, not Shepard.

Comment

• The multiplayer is so much better than I ever thought it would be. Fun, crazy, addictive. I love the fact that you get FOUR separate characters with each class. Every class is fun as hell to play, but I think I like my Adept Asari right now. Soooo much fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            I'll get to work on that.
                            Chop chop Spencer!

(I was really tempted to caption a screen of Annette with "HURRY THE FUCK UP!" on it)...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Coming from the person who spent over 9000 minutes getting her character done! Alright, I'll get right on it. *fires up the Xbawks*
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                Coming from the person who spent over 9000 minutes getting her character done! Alright, I'll get right on it. *fires up the Xbawks*
                                It wouldn't be a problem if the import character settings and the like would actually WORK for me for ONCE.

That and I get hissy when my character's look wrong, as I'm so used to seeing Annette when I play Mass Effect and in my mind I see her in a particular way, it annoys me to no end when she looks wrong.

I get that way with other games when particular characters have model changes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X