Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler:

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• In regards to the early leaked DLC spoiler...
        Spoiler:
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Also...

Spoiler:

Comment

• Can I just say, thank you for putting spoiler tags in here. I'm serious, thank you. Been trying to avoid spoilers so I appreciate the tags a LOT.

Also, my Shepard:

http://i44.tinypic.com/24z8xuc.jpg - And that's here in ME2.
            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• [SPIOLER]Garrus makes calibrations! OMG![/SPOILER]
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• An interesting 24 minute vid on why Mass Effect fans should Boycott MS3(Thisis from a Mass Effect fan).There is one spoiler in his vid, but he makes a lot of good points about bad DLC behavior from video game companies.

One mild Spoiler warning.

Comment

• It's a practice that needs to stop, which is why I signed the petition going on over at the BSN. Obviously it won't do anything (because petitions never really do), but at least I said something.

They've even come out and outright said the DLC was planned from the get-go, which means it could have easily been on the disc at no extra charge.

It's sad that video games have gone from being complete purchases to piecemeal products.
                  A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Games have been doing this for a few years now. I don't like it either, but I'm not gonna 'boycott' a game I've been looking forward to for years because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
                      Games have been doing this for a few years now. I don't like it either, but I'm not gonna 'boycott' a game I've been looking forward to for years because of it.
                      Without spoiling anything, no game that I can think of has done it quite to the degree that ME3 has. Capcom charged $5 for Versus, which was already on the disc, but I don't think anyone cared about that (well, they did, but it isn't really the same thing). Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Assassin's Creed II charged for content ripped straight out of the middle of the game, but the time discrepancy between release and announcement of the DLC allowed for some level of doubt regarding the status of those sections prior to launch.

It is pretty clear that what Bioware is charging for was not only finished before the game went gold, but also specifically designed to be cut from the game and charged to consumers who simply want their money's worth. It's more than just bad business practice, more than just unethical; it is downright stupid that any company can get away with this. And they will, because people don't care enough to take a stand. They'd rather bend over backwards and ask Bioware to give them one more hard tumble...and then pay them for it.

And I'll still get the game, just like Vector, because no one gives a shit, because no amount of complaining will ever change the fact that the "Big Guy" is too fucking powerful.

In other words, just like you and me and everyone else has known since they were capable of rational thought: life sucks and people are fucking stupid.

Comment

• BioWare deserves some of the 'blame' in this situation, but it'd be really silly for us to neglect to mention the publisher behind the series. They're as bad as anyone out there with this kind of thing, Origin is a joke, and they were one of the first proprietors of the 'online pass' kinda thing. And you're right, they're the big guy and we're the little guy. And we enjoy games. So we'll continue to get shafted.

Comment

• True, but I'm not sure I consider EA and Bioware separate entities anymore.

Really puts into perspective how decent Capcom are by comparison, sadly.

Comment

• Except that Bioware make high quality games and Capcom regurgitate and rerelease the same crap with minimal effort.
                            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-23-2012, 02:10 AM.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• If the Illusive Man turns out to be indoctrinated I'll be very pissed. Don't fuck up my favorite character Bioware.
                              sigpic

Comment

• My male Shepard in Mass Effect:

See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X