Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    I'm curious...with ME2 coming to Ps3, will 3 be exclusive to 360? I've played a bit of the first one at a friend's house and finished watching a playthrough of it and 2 (and when 2 rolls around I'll buy it for myself). 3 looks amazing...I'd just rather not buy a new computer so I can finally run them without hoping for a port.
    No.

BioWare's next big sci-fi role-playing game, Mass Effect 3, will come to the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 "simultaneously" in 2011, putting an end to the series' former console exclusivity once and for all.

It'll be coming to all 3 at the same time.

Comment

I have never played Mass Effect but I can say this - I want to fight a thresher maw on foot.
      Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 12-14-2010, 11:07 PM.
      See you in hell.

Comment

It's doable. In fact, by the third play through I suspect the weapons you carry are more powerful than the ones on the tank. But you certainly don't have the armour it does.

Comment

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
          See you in hell.

Comment

You fight a Thresher Maw on foot during Grunt's loyalty mission in Mass Effect 2.

Comment

and you can choose to do so any time during the mako segments in ME1 where there's Maw's nearby.

Comment

I actually found it easier to kill a Thresher Maw out of the Mako in ME1 because you can run around avoiding the spit and kill it easily with the Spectre X weapons, whereas if you're in the Mako, it can burst out from underneath and 1 hit kill you.

Comment

I think I want a greater challenge than driving round in some vehicle, or even using powerful weapons. I'm not saying that to sound all "LOL PRO LOOKIT ME!" but rather because I LOVE battles where the odds are stacked against you and your chances of survival aren't high.
                  Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 12-15-2010, 03:25 PM.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Just pre-ordered ME2. So hopefully I'll really enjoy it so it gives me more games to play in 2011. As if there already wasn't enough.

Comment

Oh my god!

Clint Mansell, composer of such classic motion picture scores as 'The Fountain' and 'Requiem For a Dream' dropped the news that he is writing the musical score for the last chapter in BioWare's epic Mass Effect trilogy in an interview with The Quietus about his latest film, 'Black Swan'.

The website Badass Digest picked up on the news of Mansell's involvement in Mass Effect 3, which saw the composer asked about whether he does much work for other outlets like computer games. Mansell responded by saying: "I'm doing a video game this year actually. Mass Effect 3".

When describing what it's like to score a video game, Mansell said: "As I was saying about Public Enemy and re-working old hip-hop tunes for Requiem, and kind of re-working old ballet tunes for Black Swan, with something like Mass Effect you're more like a DJ, with all these elements. You've got the holding pattern, then the big explosion where you need the score to kick in. Then you need to take it off on a tangent. You've got all these different elements that change depending on what the player does. You have to figure out an overall symphony, but be able to break it down into component parts. You can bring the pain when required".

This is incredible news as Mansell is regarded by many as one of the most gifted composers working in the film industry today. His music is famous for being as epic as it is haunting. His involvement in Mass Effect 3 gives us good reason to believe we might be in for the most emotionally devastating game in BioWare's space opera franchise yet.
                      link

This is going to be the best sound track of the year. For those who've not heard his music then go and look up the fountain and the moon. Such fantastic music. OST purchase day one <3
                      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 02-10-2011, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Excellent choice. If anyone doubts Mansell just listen to the following tracks.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ive listened to Mansell, and this is bad news. Mass Effect had its own distinctive soundtrack which suited it perfectly. Mansell is versatile, but I consider a change in composer the same as a reboot. Look at COD4 and MW2 as an example. Just because Zimmer is fantastic, doesnt mean he can write a score for a game.

And just because Ive listened to Kelly Bailey over a hundred thousand times (no kidding, Media Player stats), doesnt mean I want him to compose for Mass Effect 3.

Comment

Something tells me that Mansell's probably not gonna be the only composer you'll see in the credits of Mass Effect 3. Just like the previous two games (which shows in the diversity of some of the tracks). Going by his few line's of chatter on the subject, it's fairly obvious that he's not working alone on the soundtrack - unless he's secretly already a seasoned video game composer/sound engineer with experience in the field of context sensitive tracks and transitions.

Aris has pretty much already linked to what I'd link to point towards in terms of Mansell tracks that shows what the man has already got on his table of bragging rights (in terms of atmosphere, build up and finale). Let's hope that Mass Effect 3 wont be wasting his talent in the same way I feel that Steve Jablonsky's talent's not really being put to much use in Gears of War.

As for the Mass Effect 1-2 soundtracks... to be honest, I find the majority of the tracks to be rather forgettable and to not exactly be something I'd miss if I did a full run with music volume set to OFF - with the exception of maybe the Citadel elevator music and Vigil's theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              As for the Mass Effect 1-2 soundtracks... to be honest, I find the majority of the tracks to be rather forgettable and to not exactly be something I'd miss if I did a full run with music volume set to OFF - with the exception of maybe the Citadel elevator music and Vigil's theme.
                              I disagree with this 100%. Some of the best soundtracks arent really listenable on ones portable media device. FEAR, SWAT4, Half Life, Half Life 2, STALKER, among many others. I dont listen to Mass Effect scores on their own, but they hit the theme, setting and characters perfectly.

I like to come back to COD4 and MW2, which had HGW and Hanz Zimmer respectively. COD4 soundtrack fit the game perfectly while Zimmer delivered a movie soundtrack to a game which for obvious reasons is a disaster.

And ArisĀ“ tracks are exactly what I dont want to hear in a game.
                              Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                                COD4 soundtrack fit the game perfectly while Zimmer delivered a movie soundtrack to a game which for obvious reasons is a disaster.
                                To be fair, Zimmer's only contribution to the soundtrack was the main theme. Lorne Balfe is the main composer of MW2.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X