Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
    True, but I'm not sure I consider EA and Bioware separate entities anymore.

Really puts into perspective how decent Capcom are by comparison, sadly.
    Not really. Instead of offering something they could have included in the game as DLC to make extra cash, they release a whole new version 3 months later and utterly fuck over anyone who bought the game first by refusing to add it as DLC.

I can't say I'm happy to see stuff like this, but I can't say I blame BioWare either. I suspect Mass Effect 3 cost enough to run a third world country for a year and it's likely a huge investment on there part. And it's not like they're, say, not including the actual ending to the game until DLC packs are released (Bethesda, you fucks) or the like. It's a bonus story and bonus character. Admittedly a very cool one if the rumour someone insisted I had to hear was true, but not essential to the game. I played ME2 and ME1 without DLC the first time and was very happy with the experience.

Honestly, BioWare makes games I want badly enough that I'll pay for what they got. Most other companies don't, and Capcom hasn't seen any of my money since RE5. If I din't want I wouldn't pay for it. It is shitty they aren't releasing it on the disc, and I had some unkind words for Capcom when they did the exact same crap (they just released it later and tried to pretend it was never there) but I do understand why both comapanies do it - they want money. The difference is that BioWare's stuff is actually worth the extra cash...

Of course, it's all moot to me - I've got the Collector's Edition coming, and that includes this stuff for...well, an additional £30.

Comment

• The problem isn't that the game can't be finished without it, the problem is that they specifically selected content that they knew would appeal to the fanbase and set it aside to charge money for it when doubtless it should have been on the disc.

It'd be like if Capcom really did create an Ada sub-scenario for RE6, but then decided you could only get it for the SUPER LIMITED REDUX EDITION and then, when found out, they decide to charge you for it separately rather than just having done the sensible thing in the first place.

If this had been free DLC to curb used game sales, I wouldn't be complaining. As it stands, I have to shake my head at BioWEA (and other companies, really) and wonder if there'll ever be a time when all content developed prior to certification will actually be on the disc.
      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Except that Capcom produce shit most of the time, while BioWare actually make decent games.
        See you in hell.

Comment

• Either way, this changes nothing. Like I said, it's too late into the franchise to just outright stop, so I'm obviously getting ME3 regardless (and the DLC, because I can't not have a complete game).

Anyway, to get the discussion off of this shit, does anyone else find MP a little underwhelming (and no, this is not to start another debate)? I figured it'd have to be more than just Horde mode, surely, but that's all it seems to be. It seems to me that if you're going to devote a whole other team to crafting MP, that they least they could do is make it more expansive.
          Last edited by DarkMemories; 02-23-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
            no game that I can think of has done it quite to the degree that ME3 has.
            Edit: Ok how the hell do you embed on this site, it will accept not version of embed code from youtube
            Last edited by Dracarys; 02-23-2012, 12:38 PM.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Eh...there's a full page in the art book dedicated to the DLC character. Can't say I'm buying Hudson's justification.

Comment

• Just made a couple of purchases on Amazon:

and

Also, I'm now aware of what the DLC character is. So, something as world-shaking as that is being relegated to DLC status? It won't be given the attention and focus it truly deserves. I'm still hoping that we'll see a batarian squadmate at some point, one that doesn't hate humans and is actually opposed to the Batarian Hegemony. Considered a traitor by his own people, would have been very interesting to see in my opinion.

As for the DLC character, well...if real life was a video game, it'd be like having the time we encounter alien life as a DLC pack. A major, significant event of scientific importance...relegated to a side story. That said, will I have him in my squad? All the time, mon.
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-23-2012, 03:50 PM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post

Also, I'm now aware of what the DLC character is. So, something as world-shaking as that is being relegated to DLC status? It won't be given the attention and focus it truly deserves. I'm still hoping that we'll see a batarian squadmate at some point, one that doesn't hate humans and is actually opposed to the Batarian Hegemony. Considered a traitor by his own people, would have been very interesting to see in my opinion.
                  Funnily enough, I had the same idea for a Batarian squadmate a couple years ago. It could've been interesting, that's for sure. Even better if he was a politician of some sort advocating for reestablishment of an embassy on the Citadel, IMO.

Comment

• I want an Elcor squadmate personally.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Evolution is cool because it's all about the Illusive Man during the First Contact War, but it doesn't expose as much about his character(other than his name and how he got those piercing blue eyes)as I would have liked. Also, Retribution might've been my favorite book. It's important to read it because a new character in ME3 is a big part of that book.

Comment

• Oh no...I've just had a theory that might be truth. You mentioned a new character in ME3 being a big part of Retribution?

Spoiler:
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post

An interesting 24 minute vid on why Mass Effect fans should Boycott MS3(Thisis from a Mass Effect fan).There is one spoiler in his vid, but he makes a lot of good points about bad DLC behavior from video game companies.

One mild Spoiler warning.
                          hate his voice gave up after 1 min.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            Oh no...I've just had a theory that might be truth. You mentioned a new character in ME3 being a big part of Retribution?

Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                              hate his voice gave up after 1 min.
                              How adult of your to make a decision based on that.

Comment

• Well, Retribution should be here by Wednesday and Revelation is dispatching soon. Hopefully, the Evolution graphic novel won't take too long to get here. It hasn't been dispatched yet. I was tempted to pick up the Art of Mass Effect but I'm going to hold off on that until Mass Effect 3 is released, otherwise I'll be too tempted to sift through all those delicious spoilers nestling at the back!
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X