No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must admit, I'm stunned at the hate for the ending. I haven't got there yet, but I absolutely cannot imagine what could have invoked such ire. Shephard is God/controlled by God/an agent of God/the little kid is God? He's a Reaper? He eats a Reaper? And no, I don't want an actual answer. I'm just stunned.

Comment

• You'll find out once you get to the ending Darkmoon. I can't say anything on it until you've done so, because I'd break into a rant (which once you've finished the game, read Reston's and my own wall of text spoiler posts) in regard to it.
      sigpic
      Non-blurry Signature Version
      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I really don't think it's as bad as everyone's making it out to be, what with some saying that the endings 'ruined the entire series.' That just seems like a gross overreaction to me. Was it ideal? No, not at all. It was a cop-out and it was vague but it doesn't change all the fun over all the hours I had while playing the three games in the series, and it doesn't change the fact that I still absolutely loved all three games.

Comment

• I just don't understand what's so good about the third game, it barely felt like there was much content to it at all and even just digging through the game files is already showing other shit has been cut out too.

Like oh, say Omega. From Ashes as well, despite the excuse given was "bug fixing phase"... when the game is barely playable on the PS3 for some people, the game is extremely buggy on PC and even people have had issues on the 360. The dialogue levels are all off in that there's usually a set level, say I go and walk up to hear Joker and EDI on the Normandy - their dialogue is quiet until I click on Joker and it's suddenly loud with "COMMANDER.", I know Ginny McSwain is a perfectionist in regard to voice acting and recording so it all sounds and looks quite off to me (having previously spoken to her about Biohazard 4, Demento and her work on the Mass Effect series).

The only part of the game I didn't do was the Academy because I got stuck on the Citadel. Despite that, I've gone over the music with Smiley and Spencer and I found tracks that weren't used in the game and are clearly labeled as OMEGA.

The whole fucking thing seems to feel rushed, shoehorned in despite already missing the previous release dates, delays and yet - still feeling like there's barely any content to the game despite say, the VAs for the Shepards' recorded over 40,000 lines of dialogue and yet, there's not even anything close to that within the files. I've gone over far too many SFX, music, voice over sections, cutscene sections over the last four or five hours. I'm tempted to dig through the models and see if there's any other crap floating around.

Spoiler:
          Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-13-2012, 12:39 PM.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• At some point, Mass Effect went through a devolution. There were warning signs cropping up all over the place and we didn't take any notice, the most prominent of which being the fourth novel, Deception. Now the first three novels (Revelation, Ascension and Retribution) weren't by any means masterpieces but they were enjoyable reads and gave us more insight into this wonderful universe. The fourth novel was a poorly written effort. It wasn't even an effort. Kai Leng, for example. In Retribution he's portrayed as this professional badass, I go in to ME3 expecting some kind of grizzled super soldier and what do I get? A bishounen cyborg ninja.

Deception didn't help his case any better, though it did make him hilarious and quite possibly the best character in the series - for the wrong reasons.

Somewhere along the lines, something changed. I'm trying to figure out when and how.
            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-13-2012, 01:16 PM.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• Drew Karpyshyn left BioWare.

EDIT: Just watched the other two endings on YouTube. I can see why people are pissed. They were basically just palette swaps. I am glad, however, that I got the 'perfect' ending, and the more and more I read about this 'indoctrination theory,' the more I believe it to be true. It just screams DLC to me.
              Last edited by Vector; 03-13-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Spoiler:

I mean fuck, even RE knows that an ending needs to be satisfying (even if they've repeated basically the same thing for every game).
                Last edited by DarkMemories; 03-13-2012, 02:10 PM.
                A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
                  Drew Karpyshyn left BioWare.
                  Makes the most sense to both me and Enetirnel. We were discussing this on Skype. This is what happens when you let COMIC BOOK WRITERS do the writing for something like Mass Effect, totally different medium. I think all this hogwash with the Crucible wasn't part of the original plan, all along they were going to have the galaxy work together to fight the Reapers. This is even supported in the codex entries regarding the Reapers. More I think about it, the more I realise that it was shoehorned in for a plethora of different reasons that I can't be bothered to go into at this point.

Everything about the game feels rushed. Also, the Crucible effectively renders the whole "Galaxy at War" routine completely obsolete and pointless. There's no coordinating a war, just building the plot device that'll force-fuck you into one of three different coloured endings. For a series that's been about choice, they've dropped the ball. I'm more than willing to give BioWare an opportunity to defend their decision. Time will tell, that is...IF we ever see them again. Pretty much every BioWare staff member has dropped off the BioWare forums.

That's right, I'm not even putting this in spoiler tags. I don't think any of us should use spoiler tags in this topic, we must send out a warning to those who have yet to play the game. Let this be our "prothean beacon", our "warning" to future players.
                  Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-13-2012, 02:13 PM.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

• ...and I thought people on this forum took Resident Evil too seriously.

I'm not the type to say "it's just a video game," by any means, but I think some of you are going just a little overboard here.

Comment

• MASS EFFECT 3'S ENDING DESERVES TO DIE IN A BLAZING INFERNO OF SHIT

Comment

• Even if the 'indoctrination theory' is true, meaning...

Spoiler:
                        Last edited by Vector; 03-13-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• @ Archelon,

It's because this series was stated from the start to be a trilogy and that keeping you game save files would affect the choices and outcomes you did in the sequel and final one. The whole Crucible thing made everything you did throughout the games seem pointless because there was no pay off for the gamer for all the hours and decision making that was put into the game. This was Bioware, not Capcom, a company that at least was decent in terms of quality and had at one point not milked everything.

I personally blame being bought by EA. That was the nail in the coffin.

@ Spencer,

Yes, you are correct. The guy who wrote everything until the last novel which was a horrible and grossly contained too many errors and this game, did not return. I actually prefer his original idea for the Reapers which made a lot more sense and was actually original. For those of you interested in the idea it involved dark energy. The idea that Drew was going for involved that dark energy was causing the universe to close in on itself. The Reapers were the solution to that problem hence why they remain out in dark space for so long. They feed off of dark energy and were placed there long ago, don't know by who, but the idea was that they allowed civilizations to grow and whoever turned out to be the best species was ascended into their form and they feed off of their knowledge and merged "We". We still don't know much about dark energy but the idea was that both the Mass Effect and Reapers, used dark energy.

You saw this as a foreshadow when you went to recruit Tali in ME2 and they were talking about how the sun was dying. You also see a sun dying whenever you see TIM. Basically the end was going to be that you would have to make a choice; allow the reapers to live to continue to solve the problem and risk all species being harvested and your race being ascended or... destroying the reapers and the galaxy would have to come up with their own solution to the dark energy causing the universe to shrink.

In any event it was a much better idea and original compared to what we got.

@ Enetirnel,

A lot of the stuff you found on the disc is left there because EA wants it there for DLC. They know this game was going to sell a lot and they want to make a cash flow of revenue off of the DLC. I know there is going to be a Omega DLC with you and Aria, there is supposed to be another with your LI going on and doing stuff just you and that person since the game didn't really focus too much on it, and I know they have something planned where Shepard gets trapped in a jungle and deals with an alien species and you need to hold off for Alliance to come rescue you.

And here is an extended cut of what is on the disc, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booBmcFw_Lk (which goes with EDIT 2).

@ Vector,

Spoiler:

EDIT:

Here is the fan made ending which actually is better. I copied and pasted it in spoiler wrap so anyone who has not played it will not be discouraged,

Spoiler:

EDIT 2: Apparently this was the original ending planned before EA butchered it up,

Spoiler:
                          Last edited by Reston; 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• First DLC leak:

A rumour has surfaced that Bioware's next DLC release for Mass Effect 3 will be centered around the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Comment

• I must admit, I've been enjoying the multiplayer far more than I thought I would. My Krogan has been a lot of fun, but a Battlemaster (it's a Vanguard, just say Vanguard!) would be awesome. I would love to play a Geth too. The Battarians will probably need something cool to see much play, though - I hardly see any Salarians or Quarians being played, but maybe that's because I'm still in the Bronze rank.

Comment

Working...
                                X